Canucks Community
DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But the zombies will starve to death as they eat only brains PhilipBlunt!:P

I don't know what zombie shows you've watched, but they definitely eat a lot more than just brains. Then again, they would starve if they were looking for heart or guts from that feckless administration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Their god is money.

I suppose it is for all of us to some degree. 

I think the lesson for the democrats is "we're not Trump" only gets you so far. They did well imo taking back the House but they need a real down to earth, kitchen table-type plan and solid leadership to boot this clown. I think a lot of people would be happy to not support this idiot but they need to know they aren't going to lose their job. 

I hope the press has the balls to ask Sanders where she got the doctored video.  And then show her side by side comparison of the original and fake video.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yes and no. Most people in modern society work so that they can survive, but I don't think that the majority of people make morally bankrupt decisions merely to continue to line their wallets. This administration is willing to steal from those with little to give to those who don't need more.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think the lesson for the democrats is "we're not Trump" only gets you so far. They did well imo taking back the House but they need a real down to earth, kitchen table-type plan and solid leadership to boot this clown. I think a lot of people would be happy to not support this idiot but they need to know they aren't going to lose their job. 

They need to go to work for the average American.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Not to me.

Money does not motivate me to do the things I do.

Money is something one has to earn to be able to live,not a god.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yes and no. Most people in modern society work so that they can survive, but I don't think that the majority of people make morally bankrupt decisions merely to continue to line their wallets. This administration is willing to steal from those with little to give to those who don't need more.

They need to go to work for the average American.

Well said Phill.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Well said Phill.

Thank you, IIunga.

• Hydration 1

Apparently, Trump is considering Chris Christie as the replacement for Jeff Sessions.....

....aka replacing a "Shrimp" with a "Blimp"....B)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Not to me.

Money does not motivate me to do the things I do.

Money is something one has to earn to be able to live,not a god.

we all have to earn it, even if you're homeless. Its inescapable. 

Not saying its your prime motivator, but a lot of people see Trump as a practical wallet choice even if they don't like the rest of his bs. Thats what the democrats are up against imo. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we all have to earn it, even if you're homeless. Its inescapable. 

Not saying its your prime motivator, but a lot of people see Trump as a practical wallet choice even if they don't like the rest of his bs. Thats what the democrats are up against imo. 

Exactly. The 1% love his tax cuts.....the evangelicals love Gorsuch and Kavanagh....and the yokels love his "style"....

....meaning all three groups can justify overlooking the other two.....

Can you say "Sour grapes"?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46144557

A tough Texas judge has released a group of defendants, reportedly saying it was what voters wanted, a day after he lost his re-election bid.

Republican Judge Glenn Devlin let seven juvenile defendants go on Wednesday - including some charged with violent crimes, according to local media.

Witnesses said that before releasing the defendants he asked them if they planned to kill anybody.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is demanding an investigation.

....sure you can....

can this topic ever be a real debate and not just a hate trump thread ?

i hated Trudeau but i can debate his side in support all day.. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The fact that his base have become a bunch of brainless (maybe they always were?) sycophants who worship him is alarming. Here's a video of the crowd from a recent Trump book burni.....I mean rally.

giphy.gif

really?

so anyone who voted for him fall under your standard?

can you seriously not agree and understand any reason someone supported him?

31 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

All day? That's quite impressive, friend. Too many individuals on here just can't seem to be able to see the other side. Fortunately like you I am not so limited. Although I am not sure I can chant "Lock her up!" all day long, maybe if I had some Ambien first.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

This is a discussion forum, not a debate. The liberals here oppose him while the majority of the moderates and conservatives on CDC think he's a idiot. So most people aren't in a hurry to jump to his defense. 

11 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but a lot of people see Trump as a practical wallet choice even if they don't like the rest of his bs

If the average American believes trumps policies will help them then they are obviously lacking the ability to think critically.

14 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Sure thing. What would you like to debate?

That its okay to separate families at the border without any plan for how they will eventually be reunited?

That Climate Change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese?

The the Nuclear threat from North Korea no longer exists and that Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize because of it?

Maybe you'd like to "debate" the fact that the White House press secretary released a doctored video to justify the banning of a member of the press?

We've actually been missing "debaters" from the other side of the argument since they all managed to get themselves banned. Glad to have you onboard.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Day three without a peep of the migrant caravan so far.

It's sad Republican voters are so stupid, and so easily duped.. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

If the average American believes trumps policies will help them then they are obviously lacking the ability to think critically.

or just practically. Imagine you are a factory worker who still has a job thanks to Trumps protectionism, how willing would you be to vote democrat? Close to home, I don't see a lot of teachers in BC voting Liberal. Sometimes for some people it is very practical. If the democrats want to win they have to give these people confidence that they aren't voting away their own jobs.