DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Day three without a peep of the migrant caravan so far.

It's sad Republican voters are so stupid, and so easily duped.. 

what???

i thought they stopped

and disbanded

due to trumpie's furious campaign against them

:wub:

16 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

what???

i thought they stopped

and disbanded

due to trumpie's furious campaign against them

:wub:

The only thing that's really disbanded here is rational thought, in most cases. In fact, it disbanded so long ago it has left this galaxy. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

18 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Apparently, Trump is considering Chris Christie as the replacement for Jeff Sessions.....

....aka replacing a "Shrimp" with a "Blimp"....B)

Now there is a fine, upstanding citizen, if there ever was one.

Isn't every vote supposed to count???

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/415894-cindy-mccain-rips-arizona-gop-for-suing-over-counting-mail-in-ballots-i-am

Cindy McCain rips Arizona GOP over mail-in ballots lawsuit: ‘I am one of those mail in ballots’

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/415884-gillum-responds-to-rick-scott-lawsuit-counting-votes-isnt-partisan-its

Gillum responds to Scott lawsuit: ‘Counting votes isn’t partisan — it’s democracy’

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

"Only the best people".....:rolleyes::

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/whitaker-company-government/index.html

Matthew Whitaker, the acting US attorney general, was on the advisory board of a Florida company that was shut down by the Federal Trade Commission and served with a $26 million judgment earlier this year for what court documents called "a scam that has bilked thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars."

The company, World Patent Marketing, promised to help inventors get patents.

Whitaker was named as an advisory board member in October 2014 and Federal Election Commission filings showed the company's owner donated $2,600 to Whitaker's campaign when he was running for the US Senate. A payment record also shows Whitaker was paid at least $9,375 by the company from October 2014 to February 2016, and was due to be paid an additional $7,500 in 2016 and 2017, but it is unclear whether he received that money.

Nothing to see here folks.....just the guy that Trump has put in a position to dismantle the Mueller investigation....

.....but what about Trudeau adding another Remembrance Day, right?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sure thing. What would you like to debate?

That its okay to separate families at the border without any plan for how they will eventually be reunited?

That Climate Change is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese?

The the Nuclear threat from North Korea no longer exists and that Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize because of it?

Maybe you'd like to "debate" the fact that the White House press secretary released a doctored video to justify the banning of a member of the press?

We've actually been missing "debaters" from the other side of the argument since they all managed to get themselves banned. Glad to have you onboard.

*Watches and waits with baited breath*

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

voters are so stupid, and so easily duped.. 

Nope they are voting for exactly what that want (or at least alot of them).  They want a guy to stack the deck on the SC.  He's done that so they'll continue to support him and ignore everything else. 

17 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Nope they are voting for exactly what that want (or at least alot of them).  They want a guy to stack the deck on the SC.  He's done that so they'll continue to support him and ignore everything else. 

well, yes, depending how you look at it. Yes, they are stupid and paranoid and believe the migrant caravan that is still hundreds of miles away posses some immediate threat. Also yes in that they know what they are endorsing is a orange racist asshole picking on a migrant caravan, people with effectively nothing in their lives but one another.

19 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

can this topic ever be a real debate and not just a hate trump thread ?

i hated Trudeau but i can debate his side in support all day.. 

Trump has time and again refused to denounce white nationalism and recently called himself a nationalist. 

How on Earth can you expect anyone to defend something like that?

• Hydration 1

I'll add another important point to this.  The Democrats stopped momentum that the GOP had towards controlling 34 States.  Why is that important?  Controlling 34 states means they could call a Constitutional Convention and amend the constitution the way they want to.  There are plenty of examples of why this would have been a disaster based in this thread.

http://time.com/5450666/midterms-results-democrats-blue-wave/?utm_source=reddit.com

Democrats Had a Better Election Night Than It First Appeared

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

or just practically. Imagine you are a factory worker who still has a job thanks to Trumps protectionism, how willing would you be to vote democrat? Close to home, I don't see a lot of teachers in BC voting Liberal. Sometimes for some people it is very practical. If the democrats want to win they have to give these people confidence that they aren't voting away their own jobs. 

According to several articles I have read job growth under Trump has been very similar give or take to that under Obama in his second term.

Wage growth has been very stagnant,suprisingly so with a strong jobs market and with a higher inflation rate most gains have been wiped out.

One could also come to the conclusion that Trump has fuelled this with a keynesian boost to the economy with his tax cuts and infrastructure spending that the Republicans would never allow under the Obama administration.

This has the deficit soaring and will have to be paid for in the future.

Again I state most people cannot think critically.

Edited by Ilunga

A little insight into how Americans are really doing, even with their "booming" economy:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/canada-is-richer-than-the-us-according-to-a-new-wealth-ranking-—-in-fact-the-us-doesnt-even-make-the-top-10/ar-BBPwT3t?li=AAggNb9

The ranking above divides a country's overall wealth by the total population. That means it doesn't reflect the fact that the top 0.1% of US households hold as much wealth as the bottom 90%.

"The United States has the most members of the top 1% global wealth group, and currently accounts for 41% of the world's millionaires," the report notes. "Our research indicates that the United States added 878,000 new millionaires [since 2017] - representing around 40% of the global increase."

A different, perhaps fairer, way to rank the richest countries in the world is to take a look at the countries where the greatest number of people are rich.

Credit Suisse ran those numbers too in order to compare how much wealth the median, middle-of-the-pack person has in every country.

In that ranking, Australians are the richest. And the US doesn't even make the top 10.

"Income inequality" for $2000, Alex....

This just in: Dem/libbies have cheated in all election races. House to go red. More on Twitter.. ;)

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

4 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

This just in: Dem/libbies have cheated in all election races. House to go red. More on Twitter.. ;)

link

link

link!!!

Macron made a remark about the United States earlier today and conservatives are out in full force demonstrating how they don't care like calling the French a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkey's, and asking, answering "what has France ever done for America? Nothing." Except for some notable wars America has effectively surrendered and retreated in such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, and that whole French support of colonialist America against British oppression. 

9 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Macron made a remark about the United States earlier today and conservatives are out in full force demonstrating how they don't care like calling the French a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkey's, and asking, answering "what has France ever done for America? Nothing." Except for some notable wars America has effectively surrendered and retreated in such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, and that whole French support of colonialist America against British oppression. 

They're a bunch of cheese eating losers, what have they EVER done for America I mean...right

image.png.1155c71ab28e493a0a8e51b4429c958b.png

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

According to several articles I have read job growth under Trump has been very similar give or take to that under Obama in his second term.

Wage growth has been very stagnant,suprisingly so with a strong jobs market and with a higher inflation rate most gains have been wiped out.

One could also come to the conclusion that Trump has fuelled this with a keynesian boost to the economy with his tax cuts and infrastructure spending that the Republicans would never allow under the Obama administration.

This has the deficit soaring and will have to be paid for in the future.

Again I state most people cannot think critically.

I think when you've got kids staring back at you across the dinner table things can look different. My point is I think this is something the democrats need to address directly, not hope people think critically. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think when you've got kids staring back at you across the dinner table things can look different. My point is I think this is something the democrats need to address directly, not hope people think critically. 

I hear what you are saying but this is a particular gripe of mine.

It really is not that hard to think carefully/critically about the information that is presented to us and the circumstances of our existence.

I am only a farmer ski/bike bum with a secondary education and I manage to do it.

I have been teaching my son to take nothing for granted,even things I tell him.

At five years old I know he does not have much choice however I am teaching him how I make decisions,research information that is presented to him.

Research has proven that one is building the "walls"of the mind/intellect until the age of 7 and after that the"walls"solidify.

"Who is america?"

Sacha Baron Cohen portrays it pretty accurately

Edited by Canorth

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

"Who is america?"

Sacha Baron Cohen portrays it pretty accurately

Don't care what anyone says.  Glad he was turfed off of Bohemian Rhapsody.  Remi Malik killed it