DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

Recommended Posts

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-admits-mistake-‘i-should-have’-gone-to-arlington-on-veterans-day/ar-BBPMMBW?ocid=spartandhp

 

"

Speaking with Chris Wallace in an interview which will air this weekend on Fox News Sunday, the president said that he should have attended a ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery on Veterans Day.

“I should have done that,” Trump said. “I was extremely busy on calls for the country, we did a lot of calling as you know.”

Wallace pressed Trump.

“But this is Veterans Day,” the Fox News host said.

“I could have done that,” Trump replied. “As you know I just left the day before the American Cemetery and I probably think — and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before. And I probably, you know, in retrospect, I should have. And I did last year, and I will virtually every year. But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris. And I really probably assumed that was fine and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state — doing other things.”"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-admits-mistake-‘i-should-have’-gone-to-arlington-on-veterans-day/ar-BBPMMBW?ocid=spartandhp

 

"

Speaking with Chris Wallace in an interview which will air this weekend on Fox News Sunday, the president said that he should have attended a ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery on Veterans Day.

“I should have done that,” Trump said. “I was extremely busy on calls for the country, we did a lot of calling as you know.”

Wallace pressed Trump.

“But this is Veterans Day,” the Fox News host said.

“I could have done that,” Trump replied. “As you know I just left the day before the American Cemetery and I probably think — and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before. And I probably, you know, in retrospect, I should have. And I did last year, and I will virtually every year. But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris. And I really probably assumed that was fine and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state — doing other things.”"

I will give him credit for admitting he was wrong. Begrudgingly.

Now he only has to admit it again for over 1,000 other instances.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I will give him credit for admitting he was wrong. Begrudgingly.

Now he only has to admit it again for over 1,000 other instances.

Yeah, I suppose he deserves some credit for at least admitting he made a mistake. 

 

The excuses, however...

 

“Raining as hard as you can imagine” when the weather reports showed that it was merely overcast for most of the day at Arlington and the rain didn’t really start until around sunset and into the evening.

 

“Busy on calls” like the tweet storm he went on that day, railing against NATO, the Florida recount, spreading fake news about voter fraud, taking potshots at Comcast, and complaining how “Presidential Harrassment by the Dems is causing the Stock Market big headaches.”

 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-admits-mistake-‘i-should-have’-gone-to-arlington-on-veterans-day/ar-BBPMMBW?ocid=spartandhp

 

"

Speaking with Chris Wallace in an interview which will air this weekend on Fox News Sunday, the president said that he should have attended a ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery on Veterans Day.

“I should have done that,” Trump said. “I was extremely busy on calls for the country, we did a lot of calling as you know.”

Wallace pressed Trump.

“But this is Veterans Day,” the Fox News host said.

“I could have done that,” Trump replied. “As you know I just left the day before the American Cemetery and I probably think — and that was one where it was raining as hard as you can imagine and I made a speech at the American Cemetery the day before. And I probably, you know, in retrospect, I should have. And I did last year, and I will virtually every year. But we had come in very late at night and I had just left, literally, the American Cemetery in Paris. And I really probably assumed that was fine and I was extremely busy because of affairs of state — doing other things.”"

Merkel is 64 years old.  Here is her with Macron on the same day with "all the rain"

 

Image result for merkel remembrance day

 

All the rain

 

Image result for merkel remembrance day

 

I am literally, not figuratively; having a hard time as Trump said, imagining all that rain

 

Image result for merkel remembrance day

Edited by Warhippy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trumps itinerary for Nov 2018

 

https://factba.se/topic/calendar

 

As I look, Nov 10th shows all events cancelled.

 

As I look it shows Nov 12th had NO events scheduled.

 

He has literally no clue that people can simply just look this stuff up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trumps itinerary for Nov 2018

 

https://factba.se/topic/calendar

 

As I look, Nov 10th shows all events cancelled.

 

As I look it shows Nov 12th had NO events scheduled.

 

He has literally no clue that people can simply just look this stuff up

He doesn't care if he does know. His base makes all the excuses in the world for him and those are the only ones he needs. They'll never leave him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

come on

give the guy a break

he still has not recovered

from having to repeatedly defer

his military ambitions

due to bone spurs

 

MAGA

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Cold, damp weather is well known for aggravating aching bones. ... Osteoarthritis occurs as a result of 'wear and tear' on joints which causes a degeneration of cartilage at a joint, with the growth of painful bone 'spurs' in the surrounding tissue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

He doesn't care if he does know. His base makes all the excuses in the world for him and those are the only ones he needs. They'll never leave him..

As I've said many times before, as long as he puts up the type of candidates "they" want on the SC, he can do whatever he wants & you won't hear a peep (with the few exceptions of people like Shapiro).  Heck, if Killary was going to put up those same candidates for the SC, they'd kiss her feet (as well as any other part of her body).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

I will give him credit for admitting he was wrong. Begrudgingly.

Now he only has to admit it again for over 1,000 other instances.

I do not see his statement as actually doing that.

It is a bunch of incoherent thoughts that seem to me he is trying to absovle himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I do not see his statement as actually doing that.

It is a bunch of incoherent thoughts that seem to me he is trying to absovle himself.

It's kind of a half admission. He realizes that she screwed up and he can't blame this one on the SS, like he did in France, so he admits that he made a mistake, but atempts to mitigate his culpability with vague references to important calls and bad weather....

 

....as if either of those excuses makes up for the disrespect shown to veterans, especially in light of his criticism of Obama for his record with the military and his pathetic attempts to portray NFL players as disrespectful to the military for their anthem protests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That being said, I think Shifty has a point....even this weak admission is far more than we'd normally see from Captain Combover....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I do not see his statement as actually doing that.

It is a bunch of incoherent thoughts that seem to me he is trying to absovle himself.

sure he is still a blathering idiot

but he did say he should have been there; that is the only line it that garbled nonsense that I am referring to  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That being said, I think Shifty has a point....even this weak admission is far more than we'd normally see from Captain Combover....

This is the only instance that comes to mind in which he admits being wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's kind of a half admission. He realizes that she screwed up and he can't blame this one on the SS, like he did in France, so he admits that he made a mistake, but atempts to mitigate his culpability with vague references to important calls and bad weather....

 

....as if either of those excuses makes up for the disrespect shown to veterans, especially in light of his criticism of Obama for his record with the military and his pathetic attempts to portray NFL players as disrespectful to the military for their anthem protests.

 

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That being said, I think Shifty has a point....even this weak admission is far more than we'd normally see from Captain Combover....

 

6 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

sure he is still a blathering idiot

but he did say he should have been there; that is the only line it that garbled nonsense that I am referring to  :)

Maybe I despise this sack of shizzle so much my judgement is clouded.

The majority of what he states is just utter dribble.

I have never held an individual in such contempt as I do trump.

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Trump in California today telling everyone if they just rake the forest like Finland that the fires won't be so bad.  Finnish president Niinisto essentially said...wtf is he talking about

 

Yes...rake...the..forests.

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-finland-raking-wildfires-1.4910804

#RakeAmericaGreatAgain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

#RakeAmericaGreatAgain

Imagine how weak or stupid of a human being you have to be to look at trump and see strength or intelligence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now