DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

14 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

CNN gave him billions in free airtime. They are considerably responsible for his election in blue states where he won by a small number of votes. 

If these media outlets truly had any moral compass, they'd have refused to carry Drumpf's "speech". He calls them the enemy of the people and a threat to democracy, yet they're fine with giving him more airtime in which to pathologically lie to the public, which they are a part of.

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2019 at 6:10 PM, Canorth said:

In the rose garden, on Friday, he said that he was very confident that landlords will be lenient to people who can't pay their rent... 

Hey let’s all stay rent free in big hands hotels, he’s a lenient landlord!  (Yes, I realize he actually doesn’t own those hotels where he just licensed out his name...).  Just use his strategy of declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying the bill!

If only we could be this lucky

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/the-next-speech-trump-needs-to-give/ar-BBRZpSR?li=AAggNb9

The next speech Trump needs to give

Mark Bulgutch - Opinion

We are now almost two full years into the Donald Trump runaway-freight-train-horror-show that passes for his presidency. 

Not only is he destined to go down as the worst American president in history, he will have set the bar so low that no future president will challenge for that dubious honour as long as he or she doesn’t try to declare martial law and start a military coup that turns the United States into a dictatorship.

That is the certain legacy Trump faces. He is destined to be remembered as a disgrace to the office he holds and to his country as a whole.

There is, I think, only one way to avoid the terrible judgment of history.

He should book a nationally televised address, sit behind his desk in the Oval Office, and read these words from the teleprompter.

“My fellow Americans. I’m sorry. I never expected it to go this far.

When I announced that I was running for president, I never expected to win. I never even expected to be nominated. I just thought a few months of constant media coverage would boost my business profile and make me a few million dollars richer.

I did everything I could think of to lose. I made outrageous statements. I called Mexican immigrants ‘rapists’. I said I would ban all Muslims from entering the country. I said I would build a concrete wall across our southern border.

I came up with silly names for people. ‘Crooked Hillary’, ‘Lyin’ Ted’. How could I know you would take me seriously?

Even being caught on tape crudely bragging about assaulting women didn’t turn off enough of you voters.

So suddenly I was your president.

Even then, I never read a briefing note, so I just made up stuff. I had no idea why our allies should be treated differently from our enemies.

I said Canada was a national security threat. Canada!

I enjoyed fighting with journalists and if they reported facts I didn’t like I just called it’ ‘fake news’ and a lot of you believed me instead of them.

I discovered I could say anything at all, without any regard to the truth. I went to Iraq a couple of months ago and told the troops I had won them their first pay raise in ten years and that it was a ten per cent raise. I made that up on the fly. I didn’t know anything about military pay, but it didn’t matter. They cheered when I said that. I could have told them their next posting was going to be on Saturn and they would have cheered. That, my friends, is intoxicating power.

I tried to take away medical coverage from those who needed it the most.

I passed a tax bill that made richer people even richer.

And still, here I am. I’m the president. No one in my party stood up to me. A few cabinet secretaries made nuisances of themselves, but getting rid of them was pretty easy. The rest of them treated me like a genius, just because I said I was one.

But now, the time has come to end all of this.

I am not qualified to be your president. I am in way over my head. I am not Lincoln or Jefferson. I am not either of the Roosevelts. I am not even James Buchanan or George W. Bush.

Running the world’s most important democracy is not like running a business. Not everything can be reduced to a balance sheet.

And so, as of noon tomorrow I will resign the presidency.

I am not the man for the job.

I am truly sorry.”

I know this is not going to happen, but someone who truly cares about Donald Trump should tell him this is the one and only way to salvage his reputation. He will get credit for doing the right thing.

Resigning one step ahead of impeachment or indictment won’t do the trick.

He has to step aside before the pitchforks are at his back.

He has to confess that his joke candidacy just got carried away.

He has to recognize that he has done terrible damage to his country, and only by his leaving can a once great America be made great again.

• Hydration 4

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If these media outlets truly had any moral compass, they'd have refused to carry Drumpf's "speech". He calls them the enemy of the people and a threat to democracy, yet they're fine with giving him more airtime in which to pathologically lie to the public, which they are a part of.

but it does prove him to be wrong, if they really were the "enemy" they wouldn't give him air time.

I'm looking forward to the weird self-implosion that this should turn out to be.

Anyone up for a drinking game for the number of times he blames Obama?

The speech didn't really say much; the same things were said that have been repeated over the last few weeks.. We need the wall, $5.7B will pay for itself with less social expenses, Mexico will indirectly pay for it bc of new NAFTA deal etc. It was obvious he was reading off of a teleprompter, which is no surprise as presidents don't typically write their speeches to my knowledge but at least hide it better. The words were so obviously not his it was kind of painful. Obama was such a fantastic public speaker.

Trump went on to cite a few incidences of illegal immigrants committing crimes in California.

I don't know what that speech was really meant to accomplish other than propagantic fear mongering. Apparently they have a national security crisis down there.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Trump supporter crashes an Elizabeth Warren event...gets arrested:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/selfie-stick-wielding-trump-supporter-arrested-at-elizabeth-warren-event/ar-BBRRK57?li=AAggFp5

No word on whether Warren remarked "I'd like to punch him in the face", or "get that SOB out of here". It was also unclear whether she had encouraged her supporters to rough the protester up and that she'd pay their legal bills, if so....

damn

she must just be

so weak then

:P

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What I find interesting is that all of the regular Trump apologists, who appear on mainstream TV (Niger Morgan, Mike Caputo, Rick Santorum, Steve Cortez, etc) keep harping on the fact that Trump campaigned on the border wall and he has to see it through....

Yet, as I recall it, Trump also campaigned on "Repeal and replace" and "Lock her up". ("Lock her up" was the signature dog whistle, but the "promise" was to investigate and prosecute Clinton for perceived illegal activity, whether it be because of her e-mail transgressions, or corruption with regards to the Clinton Foundation)

Of course these have both been consigned to the scrap heap, since there was little if any chance of either actually happening and Trump supporters, for some reason, don't seem to regard these as broken promises by the Dotard. (In fact, if you look at the list of "kept promises", the vast majority of Trump's "accomplishments" aren't something that he's done, they're something that he's undone)

Apparently, the US doesn't need "better, cheaper healthcare" that will "cover everyone", but they do need a 25 billion dollar boondoggle that will do little, if anything, to stem the flow of illegal drugs and terrorism. :rolleyes:

actually no

he did in fact attempt to improperly

get the dop to prosecute hillary (and other political opponents)

and to basically act as his henchmen

but was displeased to learn this is not really now things work in the good ol' usa

so he did try to pursue this issue, in his own inept manner

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/politics/donald-trump-don-mcgahn-clinton-comey/index.html

Edited by coastal.view

Posted (edited)

so i was thinking today about

the syria pull out that is now being restrained

being stepped back by the gop heavyweights working in the back ground

and bolton is jetting over there

to try to calm the key usa allies and talking some turkey to turkey

he will be seeking a commitment from turkey that they will assure the safety of the kurds

and so it made me wonder

what sort of commitment is being sought

a meaningful commitment as we all, well mostly all of us, generally understand that word to mean

or will they be prepared to accept a "trump commitment" from erdogen

when the common meaning of most any word is so horribly abused by potus

some serious clarification of this commitment will be necessary in my view

cuz i fear erdogen, putin, mbs, and trump, all think and use language as propoganda

so we simply cannot take them at their word

as mos of us commonly understand that phrase to mean

these really are strange days

Edited by coastal.view

Posted (edited)

Botched redactions expose new details of Mueller's Manafort case

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/botched-redactions-expose-new-details-of-mueller-s-manafort-case-1422395459876

guess what?

manaford

provided internal polling data

to russian intelligence

that he received from the trump camp

during the election campaign

after he left the trump campaign

does anyone else see the clear links

between this polling data

as being critically important

to effective internet targeting

by the russian cyberwarfare groups

please repeat after me

"coordination"

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 2

For a guy that boasts over and over about how great his numbers are, the fact that his opponents outdrew or were neck and neck with him must be driving him nuts.  Early numbers, yes.  However, if TRUMP!! crushed them he would, most definitely, boast about it.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/more-tuned-in-watch-dem-rebuttal-trump-address

More People Tuned In To Watch Dem Rebuttal Than Trump’s Address 

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

For a guy that boasts over and over about how great his numbers are, the fact that his opponents outdrew or were neck and neck with him must be driving him nuts.  Early numbers, yes.  However, if TRUMP!! crushed them he would, most definitely, boast about it.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/more-tuned-in-watch-dem-rebuttal-trump-address

Im sure it is.

That being said both the address and rebuttal where painful to watch. 

Meanwhile on the Canadian border:

"By contrast, the CBP encountered 91 people at the U.S.-Canada border whose names were on the federal list, with 41 of them non-U.S. citizens or residents, NBC said."

http://fortune.com/2019/01/07/4000-suspected-terrorists-stopped-mexico-border-white-house-six-reports-customs/

4,000 Suspected Terrorists Stopped at the Mexico Border, Says White House. Actually, It’s More Like Six, Reports U.S. Customs

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

1. People know Trump is predictable (no need to tune in)

2. People want to see if Dems are actually going to do something about the child

Can't even help to secure the borders and protect Citizens but illegally intrude other countries to keep THEIR people safe, HA!

Trump walks out of shutdown meeting, calling talks 'total waste of time'

"Unfortunately, the President just got up and walked out," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said. "He asked Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi, 'Will you agree to my wall?' She said no. And he just got up and said, 'Then we have nothing to discuss,' and he just walked out. Again, we saw a temper tantrum because he couldn't get his way, and he just walked out of the meeting." 

Pelosi, speaking alongside Schumer outside the White House, said Trump was "insensitive" to federal workers missing pay during the shutdown and alluded to Trump's own privileged upbringing.
"He thinks maybe they could just ask their father for money, but they can't," Pelosi said.

:picard::lol:
  • Haha 4

A wall.

I don’t know how much a wall would stop illegal people but I was thinking about how it could affect the influx of drugs into that country.

Would it at all?

-I heard that up to 50 000 vehicles and 25 000 pedestrians per day can pass through just one of the legal crossings. That’s a lot of potential ‘mules’ to check on per year.

-What would stop boats from doing what they have always done and travelling up the coast loaded up with supply?

-An expert on the radio a couple months ago was saying a war on drugs in the future will be futile. He explained that new drugs that are coming out are smaller and smaller. A very small amount can be cut once it gets its destination. It makes me think of the potency of carfentanil for example.

I know this is all just a political promise by Donny to his base and he is dying for a win. But why would anyone think this would really curb the amount of incoming drugs? I heard the tales of people running up to the existing walls and throwing bags of drugs over. I think that is far fetched to say the least. If I’m a very rich drug boss, any wall is not a concern.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A wall.

I don’t know how much a wall would stop illegal people but I was thinking about how it could affect the influx of drugs into that country.

Would it at all?

-I heard that up to 50 000 vehicles and 25 000 pedestrians per day can pass through just one of the legal crossings. That’s a lot of potential ‘mules’ to check on per year.

-What would stop boats from doing what they have always done and travelling up the coast loaded up with supply?

-An expert on the radio a couple months ago was saying a war on drugs in the future will be futile. He explained that new drugs that are coming out are smaller and smaller. A very small amount can be cut once it gets its destination. It makes me think of the potency of carfentanil for example.

I know this is all just a political promise by Donny to his base and he is dying for a win. But why would anyone think this would really curb the amount of incoming drugs? I heard the tales of people running up to the existing walls and throwing bags of drugs over. I think that is far fetched to say the least. If I’m a very rich drug boss, any wall is not a concern.

If the US wants to stop the import of drugs (and Canada too) the citizens need to stop using.   Education is the key.  Too many people believe these nasty drugs are a recreation, so they use.  It's not the so called "street junkies" usage that keeps the drug lords in cash.  

• Hydration 2

40 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A wall.

Would it at all?

Nope.

Drug cartels don't use migrants walking to the border to deliver drugs. They use planes, boats and trucks. Sometimes they use tunnels. None of which would be affected by a physical barrier on the US - Mexico border.

To truly stem the flow of illegal drugs, you need to spend money on Border Security officers and the technology that allows them to detect smuggled contraband. AFAIK, such funding was already approved, but summarily rejected by president Pinocchio, because the money wasn't earmarked for his "big, beautiful Wall".

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nope.

Drug cartels don't use migrants walking to the border to deliver drugs. They use planes, boats and trucks. Sometimes they use tunnels. None of which would be affected by a physical barrier on the US - Mexico border.

To truly stem the flow of illegal drugs, you need to spend money on Border Security officers and the technology that allows them to detect smuggled contraband. AFAIK, such funding was already approved, but summarily rejected by president Pinocchio, because the money wasn't earmarked for his "big, beautiful Wall".

Ya.  The people who use the Drug argument for support of the wall obviously never read books about the cartels or never watched movies like "Blow"  or watched any of the seasons of "Narcos" on Netflix.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds