DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

28 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Apparently there are a total of 9 senate representatives that representing the area of the southern border. All 9 have voted against the wall budget (I think I saw this on yahoo via facebook).

I wasn't aware that some border territory is actually privately owned by native american bands. So it is theorized Trump is wanting the state of emergency to build the wall through these areas. I don't know how real or not that is but I could believe it. The US gov would have to compensate this private land which would be a significant added cost to the wall budget. I'm not sure how much land they would need on either side of the wall but I would assume ~500meters.  I got the private land ownership info from a facebook comment so if someone here is more educated on the matter than I am I would like to be enlightened. Thought is was an interesting discussion topic.

Add this guy to the list.  Rep, Will Hurd is a Republican congressman who represents a huge district in southwest Texas.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-rep-will-hurd-represents-more-of-the-border-than-anyone-else-and-opposes-trumps-wall-2019-1

Why a GOP congressman who represents more of the border than anyone in Congress opposes Trump's wall

• Republican Rep. Will Hurd, who represents more of the southern border than anyone in the House of Representatives, has emerged as one of the most vocal critics of President Donald Trump's plan to build a wall along the US-Mexico border.
  • Hurd represents Texas' 23rd Congressional District, which stretches roughly 820 miles from El Paso to San Antonio.
  • Hurd, a former undercover CIA agent, has been pushing for what he has referred to as a "smart border wall," or a technology-based approach.
  • On Wednesday, the Texas congressman told CNN, "I think building a concrete structure sea to shining sea is the most expensive and least effective way to do border security."

31 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I wasn't aware that some border territory is actually privately owned by native american bands. So it is theorized Trump is wanting the state of emergency to build the wall through these areas. I don't know how real or not that is but I could believe it. The US gov would have to compensate this private land which would be a significant added cost to the wall budget. I'm not sure how much land they would need on either side of the wall but I would assume ~500meters.  I got the private land ownership info from a facebook comment so if someone here is more educated on the matter than I am I would like to be enlightened. Thought is was an interesting discussion topic.

There is land in Texas abutting the border that has been in some families for generations, and about the only thing more stubborn than Trump is a Texan. Texans, after all, revolted against Mexican rule and fought to exercise their rights as American citizens. One of those rights is the right to own land.  The other things that concerns me is that the border states contain a fair number of 2nd Amendment enthusiasts who are heavily armed and extremely wary of the federal government exercising any unwelcome authority. So imagine Trump sending in troops to secure the border only to run into heavily armed, highly motivated vigilantes waging what could best be described as Jihad, American style. I can hear them now, "Eminent domain, my ass. You're going to have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands."

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

There is land in Texas abutting the border that has been in some families for generations, and about the only thing more stubborn than Trump is a Texan. Texans, after all, revolted against Mexican rule and fought to exercise their rights as American citizens. One of those rights is the right to own land.  The other things that concerns me is that the border states contain a fair number of 2nd Amendment enthusiasts who are heavily armed and extremely wary of the federal government exercising any unwelcome authority. So imagine Trump sending in troops to secure the border only to run into heavily armed, highly motivated vigilantes waging what could best be described as Jihad, American style. I can hear them now, "Eminent domain, my ass. You're going to have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands."

Then there’s the makers of Cards Against Humanity who bought a patch of border land and hired the best Eminent Domain lawyers they could find to fight the federal government in court if need be.

• Hydration 1

55 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Apparently there are a total of 9 senate representatives that representing the area of the southern border. All 9 have voted against the wall budget (I think I saw this on yahoo via facebook).

Hmm, has the Bluth company purchased any of that land?  Has Trump started to borrow policy from Arrested Development storylines?

Spoiler

arrested-development-season-five-1440x720.png

Edited by Wilbur

Look at all these racist...

Hillary Clinton

“I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in. And I do think that you have to control your borders.” 

Spoiler

Chuck Schumer

“The first of these seven principles is that illegal immigration is wrong, plain and simple,” Schumer said. “When we use phrases like ‘undocumented workers,’ we convey a message to the American people that their government is not serious about combating illegal immigration, which the American people overwhelmingly oppose.”

“People who enter the United States without our permission are illegal aliens, and illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who entered the United States legally,” Schumer continued. “Any immigration solution must recognize that we must do as much as we can to gain operational control of our borders as soon as possible.”

“The American people need to know that, because of our efforts in Congress, our border is far more secure today than it was when we began debating comprehensive immigration reform in 2005,” Schumer stated. “Between 2005 and 2009, a vast amount of progress has been made on our borders and ports of entry.”

“This progress includes … construction of 630 miles of border fence that create a significant barrier to illegal immigration on our southern land border,” Schumer explained.

Spoiler

Barack Obama

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the U.S. undocumented, undetected, unchecked, circumventing the people who are waiting patiently, diligently, lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

Spoiler

Bill Clinton

sdaf

Spoiler

Bernie Sanders

“I don’t know why we need millions of people to be coming into the country who will work for lower wages than American workers and drives wages down even lower than they are right now.”

Like i said, the issue isn't really about trump trying to build a wall to secure the border, at one point everyone was on border with it.  Everyone (except for a few extreme people on the left) know that something needs to be done about illegal immigration and issues involved with it.  The real issue is the costs associated with trying to build a wall vs the economic savings.  How many people will a wall prevent from entering 50%?.....20%?....2%?  Today approx. 400k people get apprehended at the border and it's believed around 400k per year enter.  Even if we use 50% (which I think is way to high) that only equate to 200,000.  The average annual burden of an illegal immigrant is 6-10k per year.  If you take the median, that at 8k per year means you'd have 16 billion in savings after the 10 year mark. ....But if you only prevent say 5% a year means after 10 years you'd only have 1.6 billion in savings.  That doesn't come close to paying off the wall.  Not only is there the costs of the wall, there's the cost of maintaining it and keeping it secure.  So really the numbers need to be looked at in far more detail and although it's hard to get accuracies the research needs to be done.  And then it would be even better if they would publicly release that data (haha yeah I know pipe dream) so that it's makes it really easy for the public either to get behind/fight against... Ultimately the current state is not working and something needs to be done, but it also needs to make financial sense.      

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Of course TRUMP!!'s little brown-nosing turtle turtle would block these spending bills.  A guy representing a state of less than 5 million blocking legislation that the Senate passed last year.  What changed cocaine Mitch?  TRUMP!! had a temper tantrum maybe??

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/424730-mcconnell-blocks-house-bills-to-reopen-government

McConnell blocks House bills to reopen government

10 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Of course TRUMP!!'s little brown-nosing turtle turtle would block these spending bills.  A guy representing a state of less than 5 million blocking legislation that the Senate passed last year.  What changed cocaine Mitch?  TRUMP!! had a temper tantrum maybe??

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/424730-mcconnell-blocks-house-bills-to-reopen-government

McConnell blocks House bills to reopen government

They noted unanimously to approve it, now turn their backs and say no.

What absolute cowards

No point as he’ll just veto and declare a national emergency... Will martial law soon follow??

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

If Drumpf can get away with building the wall under the "national emergency" clause; I'd suggest when the Dems get into power they declare a national emergency in regards to global warming, health care and just about any little thing they deem wanted.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Add this guy to the list.  Rep, Will Hurd is a Republican congressman who represents a huge district in southwest Texas.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-rep-will-hurd-represents-more-of-the-border-than-anyone-else-and-opposes-trumps-wall-2019-1

Why a GOP congressman who represents more of the border than anyone in Congress opposes Trump's wall

• Republican Rep. Will Hurd, who represents more of the southern border than anyone in the House of Representatives, has emerged as one of the most vocal critics of President Donald Trump's plan to build a wall along the US-Mexico border.
  • Hurd represents Texas' 23rd Congressional District, which stretches roughly 820 miles from El Paso to San Antonio.
  • Hurd, a former undercover CIA agent, has been pushing for what he has referred to as a "smart border wall," or a technology-based approach.
  • On Wednesday, the Texas congressman told CNN, "I think building a concrete structure sea to shining sea is the most expensive and least effective way to do border security."

A smart border wall eh..  if they don't like concrete, we'll give em' steel !

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Wow....

Mexico will pay for the wall!

Now

I never said that

https://trib.al/jMRBQHa

It's sure sad the media wont help people understand that Trump campaigned on Mexico paying the US back for the wall, not on getting Mexico to pay in advance. I heard him say it twice at least, even though he didn't have to say it, because it's obvious.  If you rely on the media to inform you on Trump and his policies you'll know nothing. You need to listen to him speak for yourself because after that the spinners take over in a ludicrous way. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lesterz said:

It's sure sad the media wont help people understand that Trump campaigned on Mexico paying the US back for the wall, not on getting Mexico to pay in advance. I heard him say it twice at least, even though he didn't have to say it, because it's obvious.  If you rely on the media to inform you on Trump and his policies you'll know nothing. You need to listen to him speak for yourself because after that the spinners take over in a ludicrous way. 

It was implied that Mexico was going to simply pay for it at his behest. He thought he could simply strong arm Pena Nieto like he could maybe otherwise in the business world. But the game of politics is more than that. This is why he asked Pena Nieto to pay for it. And Pena Nieto was like "LOL NO." And so here we are 20 days into a government shut down because the master negotiator is anything but.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, lesterz said:

Sheep like you, deserve him, plain and simple, like him. Please don't try and bs your way out of this.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, lesterz said:

lemme guess, he also never said he'd own the shutdown either did he?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Sheep like you, deserve him, plain and simple, like him. Please don't try and bs your way out of this.

exactly

next we'll be told that trump did not actually grovel in front of putin in helsinki

i believe my own eyes and ears

i actually watched way way too much of trump's campaigning ..

and am likely forever damaged from that :P

but i know what i heard and what he said

i also saw how he was in helsinki

i don't need others to create different realities

to better frame what trumpie has been doing

i actually have first hand knowledge from watching him live

• Upvote 2

oh and another strange point

is it just me

or has trump just looked a tad more orange lately

except for right around his eyes

man it is freaking me out

he is one weird weird dude

why does he even do that?

maybe he is afraid he looks old without that orange distraction

If he wasn't orange he would be a ghastly grey.

• Haha 1

Trump’s advisers push for emergency declaration — while assuming it’ll be stopped in court

They are treating a state of emergency as a get-out-of-shutdown-free card.

man are the gops a bunch of weak kneed old white boys

they cannot stand up to trump

they cannot control trump

so they prefer he takes this twisted step

knowing it will not work

just cuz they cannot stand the heat from the shutdown

what a completely dysfunctional group

they controlled the senate and congress

could have passed the legislation trump now wants

anytime in the past 2 years

but realized it was stupid and did not

and now they stand behind his crazy stance