DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Not until Killary after sending then deleting 30000 (possibly millions more) highly classified emails regarding on her own personal server controlled by the Soros/Obama/Clinton cabal!

Lock her up!!

MAGA!!

Not unlike it at all.

If one deserves prison time so does the other 

Right?

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I've said it before....the press corps should just stop going to these briefings. Let SHS lie into an echo chamber and Faux News can be the party of one, spreading their usual propaganda for Bone Spurs.

If you really want to stick it to Trump, ignoring him is the best way to go about it. Above all, he wants attention.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've said it before....the press corps should just stop going to these briefings. Let SHS lie into an echo chamber and Faux News can be the party of one, spreading their usual propaganda for Bone Spurs.

If you really want to stick it to Trump, ignoring him is the best way to go about it. Above all, he wants attention.

I would have them keep going. It is part of their job, and if you don't go to that waste of time, then you voluntarily give him exactly what he wants here

His visit to Pleasure was only topped by his visit to PR, and throwing rolls of paper towels into the crowd. I wonder if over this long holiday weekend he'll get his family out onto the grounds of Maralago and rake some leaves.

20 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I would have them keep going. It is part of their job, and if you don't go to that waste of time, then you voluntarily give him exactly what he wants here

Disagree. I don't think Trump wants people to not pay attention to him. Quite the opposite actually.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

His visit to Pleasure was only topped by his visit to PR, and throwing rolls of paper towels into the crowd. I wonder if over this long holiday weekend he'll get his family out onto the grounds of Maralago and rake some leaves.

The TRUMP!!s work??  Nope.  He'll get his temporary foreign workers that work there to do it for them.

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Trump wants a state media instead of Freedom of the Press.  He wants to control the narrative. 

of course he does.  Even if it means becoming the United States of Saudi Arabia and going along with murdering people to get some business.

The right, even the religious right, really has abdicated any moral stances they used to have, its all about "my wallet" and anything else just doesn't match up. Keeping poor women from healthcare services doesn't make up the moral gap that Trump is widening, the right has become something very corrupted in the US. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

of course he does.  Even if it means becoming the United States of Saudi Arabia and going along with murdering people to get some business.

The right, even the religious right, really has abdicated any moral stances they used to have, its all about "my wallet" and anything else just doesn't match up. Keeping poor women from healthcare services doesn't make up the moral gap that Trump is widening, the right has become something very corrupted in the US. 

The religious "right".

If Jesus was a real person and the person described in the Bible he would repudiate a lot of these people and what they do in his name.

• Hydration 1

16 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The religious "right".

If Jesus was a real person and the person described in the Bible he would repudiate a lot of these people and what they do in his name.

if you want to get biblical about it, they really are praying to a false idol now. Stunning how much the conservative movement has changed since the 1980s. 

16 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The religious "right".

Jesus foretold that in the future, many who claimed to follow him would be rejected: 

Matthew 7:21-23 New International Version (NIV)

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

And in the Gospels, much of his teaching was targeted at revealing the hypocrisy of religious leaders in his day. 

So yes, Jesus would/does reject many. Their claims of being Christian are meaningless.

8 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Their claims of being Christian are meaningless.

not to them, they think it gives them a blanket for all kinds of things and the right to tell others how to live.

My bro is a full-on happy clapper evangelical, which made for some interesting family dinners given that I'm a card carrying liberal agnostic :lol: but it never ceased to amaze me the logic pretzels him and his buddies used to justify certain beliefs. 

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Jesus foretold that in the future, many who claimed to follow him would be rejected: 

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

And in the Gospels, much of his teaching was targeted at revealing the hypocrisy of religious leaders in his day. 

So yes, Jesus would/does reject many. Their claims of being Christian are meaningless.

It is obvious that the Bible and Jesus are constructs/allegories/metaphors that teach us how to try and live in harmony.

The allegory that most modern religions are based on is the Horus Osiris allegory 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not to them, they think it gives them a blanket for all kinds of things and the right to tell others how to live.

My bro is a full-on happy clapper evangelical, which made for some interesting family dinners given that I'm a card carrying liberal agnostic :lol: but it never ceased to amaze me the logic pretzels him and his buddies used to justify certain beliefs. 

I don't mind the happy clappers.

The one big difference between them and most other sects of Christianity is that each church/congregation is an independent entity,there is no hiarachy per se.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

The religious "right".

If Jesus was real and existed today he would be part of trumps apparent travel ban, would be attacked by the religious right and Joel Osmond would be speaking out against him while demanding higher donations because his mega church needs new air fresheners

The irony of todays right, is that they are staunchly anti muslim, yet (while not as violent) commit the same acts of intolerance 

Are anti lgbtq, yet jesus hung out with queers and prostitutes

Are pro business, yet Jesus spoke out against the wealth greed and elites that kept regular people down.

if jesus were alive today, they'd have stoned him in the streets and called him a terrorist

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If Jesus was real and existed today he would be part of trumps apparent travel ban, would be attacked by the religious right and Joel Osmond would be speaking out against him while demanding higher donations because his mega church needs new air fresheners

The irony of todays right, is that they are staunchly anti muslim, yet (while not as violent) commit the same acts of intolerance 

Are pro business, yet Jesus spoke out against the wealth greed and elites that kept regular people down.

if jesus were alive today, they'd have stoned him in the streets and called him a terrorist

I just hope Jesus comes back with all those sweet Book of Revelations type powers and lays the smack down on the lot of them, Raiders of the Lost Ark style.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's funny how some fables became historic 

When the Authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric

But people will believe anything if it's written

Especially in stone or ancient scroll

Mike Burkett

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

It's funny how some fables became historic 

When the Authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric

But people will believe anything if it's written

Especially in stone or ancient scroll

Mike Burkett

There's no point in democracy when ignorance is celebrated

Political scientists get the same one vote as some arkansas inbred

majority rule don't work in mental institutions

sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I'm a non-believer, but I've often said that some of the people who claim to be God's people, but support tearing families apart at the border, or throwing people off their healthcare so the rich can get a tax cut and the military a bunch of equipment it doesn't need, or justify the president's support of a regime that bombs children in school buses because they do a lot of business in America, better hope that I'm right and they're wrong......Because the God that I was brought up to believe in would have been appalled by those actions and would be quick to press the "down" elevator when they showed up at the Pearly Gates.

• Like 1