DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Wow. Colour me unsurprised that some liberal Facebook pages have taken the day to trash white people. #thanksgiving

White people don't exactly have a great history and slaughtered the natives who helped them survive because some of their people chose to stay with the natives.  I don't think it's bad to point that out. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

White people don't exactly have a great history and slaughtered the natives who helped them survive because some of their people chose to stay with the natives.  I don't think it's bad to point that out. 

Some white people. My ancestors were being harrassed by the British at the time as well. The Irish are Caucasian, if I'm not mistaken. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Some white people. My ancestors were being harrassed by the British at the time as well. The Irish are Caucasian, if I'm not mistaken. 

I'm also of Irish decent and some of my bloodline came over a few decades after the famine.  Harassed? More like left to die. Thanksgiving just ain't some rosy holiday for some..not that most of my native friends give a $&!#..could be worse...could be Columbus Day.  :p  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

28 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I'm also of Irish decent and some of my bloodline came over a few decades after the famine.  Harassed? More like left to die. Thanksgiving just ain't some rosy holiday for some..not that most of my native friends give a $&!#..could be worse...could be Columbus Day.  :p  

Yeah. The Famine was a horrific occurrence. I hear you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Neither does anybody else really, but it is another opportunity to dump on white people after all and try to guilt them for something they are in no way response for. I see the hacks at HuffPost and Vox push that crap every year. Nobody alive had anything to do with any of this. Most of us have ancestors who didn't even live on this continent at that time. Mine sure as hell didn't. Peoples from all across the globe conquered other peoples at one point in time, slaughtered them, enslaved them. History is full of it and Europeans happened to be better at it than probably anybody else.  The British were a bunch of tyrannical dicks towards Wallace and the Scots but I'm not here crying about some injustice faulting Brits hundreds of years after the fact because that would almost be as nonsensical as blaming someone for something just because of the colour of their skin..

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

3.  The truly racist, evil perceives of garbage who are emboldened seeing one of their own spew hate speech while making America an enemy of the free world.  They see this as an opportunity to reverse civil rights and women's rights movements,  while moaning "fake news" when the media holds their scumbag of a leader accountable for their crimes against humanity.

We need a Nuremberg style commission once decency is restored in the USA to make these bigots answer for their bigotry.  Seeing Cheeto Hitler fry in the electric chair will be must-see TV.

I could see it now.....Trump's ghost wandering the halls of the WH, with a bucket of KFC under one arm....in an eerie voice, "Did you see the ratings for my execution? It was the most watched execution in the history of executions! Period!"

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Neither does anybody else really, but it is another opportunity to dump on white people after all and try to guilt them for something they are in no way response for. I see the hacks at HuffPost and Vox push that crap every year. Nobody alive had anything to do with any of this. Most of us have ancestors who didn't even live on this continent at that time. Mine sure as hell didn't. Peoples from all across the globe conquered other peoples at one point in time, slaughtered them, enslaved them. History is full of it and Europeans happened to be better at it than probably anybody else.  The British were a bunch of tyrannical dicks towards Wallace and the Scots but I'm not here crying about some injustice faulting Brits hundreds of years after the fact because that would almost be as nonsensical as blaming someone for something just because of the colour of their skin..

If only mistreatment of First Nations was limited to 100s of years ago.....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/29/standing-rock-protest-north-dakota-shutdown-evacuation

Harkening back to an earlier era, when police in Birmingham, Alabama, attacked African American schoolchildren with dogs and high-pressure water hoses, North Dakota officers trained water cannons on hundreds of Dakota Access pipeline protesters.

On the night of 20 November, though, the temperature was below freezing and the protesters, who call themselves “water protectors”, were camping outdoors for the evening.

Water is just one many “less-than-lethal” munitions that have been trained against the activists.

“They seem to have almost an infinite arsenal of different types of weapons,” said Rachel Lederman, attorney for the National Lawyers Guild (NLG). “I don’t think local law enforcement understands how dangerous they are.”

Police have acknowledged using sponge rounds, bean bag rounds, stinger rounds, teargas grenades, pepper spray, Mace, Tasers and a sound weapon. The explosive teargas grenades in use at Standing Rock have been banned by some US law enforcement agencies because they indiscriminately spray people, Lederman said.

More than two dozen people were hospitalized and 300 injured during the conflict, according to the medic and healer council. One woman’s arm was nearly blown off, according to her father, and the complaint alleges that another woman was shot in the eye, resulting in the detachment of her retina and possible permanent blindness.

North Dakota law enforcement officials have released misleading or blatantly inaccurate statements about protest actions while using charged language to paint peaceful demonstrators as violent threats to public safety.

“There’s a lot of testimony on the part of the police that doesn’t match up with what we are seeing,” said Roberto Borrero, an International Indian Treaty Council representative who assisted the United Nations in an investigation of human rights abuses by law enforcement against Standing Rock activists.

When asked about the water cannons, a sheriff’s spokeswoman initially told the Guardian that protesters were “starting fires”. But footage later emerged showing police aiming the hoses directly at activists. The department subsequently conceded that it had purposefully used water on the protesters.

• Hydration 1

Remember when Trump said that Border Agents should treat rocks as though they were guns? Remember how Trump defenders scoffed at concerns that it would lead to unarmed immigrants being shot?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/border-agent-acquitted-of-involuntary-manslauther-in-death-of-mexican-teenager

A U.S. Border Patrol agent was acquitted of involuntary manslaughter Wednesday in the 2012 shooting death of a Mexican teenager, sparking anger and protest from a small group of activists outside the Tucson, Ariz., courtroom.

Lonnie Swartz was accused of firing multiple shots through the border fence in Nogales, Ariz., with 10 hitting Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez, who was on the Mexican side of the fence, the Arizona Republic reported.

He was struck in the back and head.

The border agent said he fired at the teen because he was being pelted with rocks and feared for his life.

I've gotta say, I've had rocks thrown at me as well, but it's never caused me to "fear for my life"....<_<

I just watched that pathetic shell of a man, waffle on Saudi Arabia. It's all about the money folks, he could give a rats *ss about justice.

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I just watched that pathetic shell of a man, waffle on Saudi Arabia. It's all about the money folks, he could give a rats *ss about justice.

Always has been and always will be about the all mighty dollar. Whether your running a country or a street gang, the names and faces of those in power will change but the greed and thirst for power will not. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I think there's a real opening here for the democrats. You can put "America first" without selling out your values like Trump does. Its not the only way. 

13 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think thats why its important to dispassionately look at the effects of colonialism in these discussions, who benefitted at the time and who still does now around the world. If we could all just recognize that it takes the "blame" out of the conversation and maybe we can move forward on fixing the remaining effects of colonialism.  

27 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Always has been and always will be about the all mighty dollar. Whether your running a country or a street gang, the names and faces of those in power will change but the greed and thirst for power will not. 

I think that all mighty dollar, is coming from Saudi Arabia in some way or another, to benefit Donald J Trump, forget MAGA, this is all about him. Don't forget this man is still running his business "empire", all the while using the WH, as a facade.

• Hydration 1

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I think that all mighty dollar, is coming from Saudi Arabia in some way or another, to benefit Donald J Trump, forget MAGA, this is all about him. Don't forget this man is still running his business "empire", all the while using the WH, as a facade.

I definitely agree with that. SA and imo Russia are puppet masters with the money and interest to buy and have found a man that was willing to sell. That said, I do think that most politicians do it for the money and power, at the expense of the constituents, (Morneau comes to mind) although not to the same brazen extent as DJT. 

Trump in 2015:

But earlier, at a 2015 rally in Alabama, Trump had said: "Saudi Arabia — and I get along great with all of them. They buy apartments from me.

"They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much," Trump added.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-has-deep-ties-with-saudis-from-selling-yacht-to-sword-dancing-2018-10#in-2001-trump-sold-the-45th-floor-of-trump-world-tower-to-the-saudi-court-for-45-million-in-2008-the-floor-became-part-of-the-saudi-mission-to-the-united-nations-2

Trump in 2018:

"For the record, I have no financial interests in Saudi Arabia (or Russia, for that matter)," Trump tweeted Oct. 16, after reports detailed his past commercial transactions with Saudi partners. "Any suggestion that I have is just more FAKE NEWS (of which there is plenty)!"

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/oct/18/donald-trump/donald-trumps-claim-no-financial-interests-saudi-a/

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Well considering the current state and continued treatment I think they still have a valid gripe. This isn't some 200 year ago problem. It is still happening. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Well considering the current state and continued treatment I think they still have a valid gripe. This isn't some 200 year ago problem. It is still happening. 

thats the part a lot of people don't seem to understand. No one is blaming you @Tortorella's Rant but you can't deny that some groups are still being effected by problems started a long time ago, and others are not. 

• Like 1

No matter who runs the foundation.  

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-underwood-statement-ny-supreme-court-decision-denying-motion-dismiss-ags-trump

A.G. Underwood Statement On NY Supreme Court Decision, Denying Motion To Dismiss AG's Trump Foundation Suit

NEW YORK — Attorney General Barbara D. Underwood released the following statement in response to a decision by New York Supreme Court Justice Saliann Scarpulla, which denied a motion to dismiss Attorney General Underwood’s lawsuit against the Donald J. Trump Foundation, and its directors, Donald J. Trump, Donald J. Trump, Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump:

“As we detailed in our petition earlier this year, the Trump Foundation functioned as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests. There are rules that govern private foundations — and we intend to enforce them, no matter who runs the foundation. We welcome Justice Scarpulla’s decision, which allows our suit to move forward.” 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

A lot of white people Phil.

The treatment of indigenous people by the Europeans who settled the "new Worlds" was shameful.

Taking their land and more importantly destroying their cultures.

Our ancestors behaviour shames me.

15 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

The way to keep on making the same mistakes is not admitting you made a mistake in the first place.

Claiming that some one is "dumping" on some one else for pointing out their bad behaviour/mistake sounds to me like the person stating that is trying to absovle the people who made the mistake/behaved badly.