DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

Troops sent to the Borders. 

Borders now closed. 

How is this not an Act of War? 

Sure as  hell would be on any other place on the the planet. 

Edited by Canorth

On 11/22/2018 at 1:50 PM, Ilunga said:

I believe that some people get confused because there has been a cycle of warming and cooling and sometimes the release of a large amount of carbon into our atmosphere was a "natural" event.

One set of figures that illustrate the difference between nature and humans is that at the present Volcanoes release between 130-380 million metric tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere each year.

Humans emit about 30 billion tons each year.

You seem to know a lot about global warming so I was wondering if you could tell me how much of the greenhouse effect up there now is from CO2 from people. Thanks.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:32 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny, because Clam made a similar argument a while back....but he was serious. I asked him why the narrative hadn't changed, since it's the GOP now controlling the purse strings, but he had no answer....

This worries me. It looks like Trump is taking over NASA now.

https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-sunspots-to-bring-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/

I'd love to see where you made that guy shut up!  Where was it?  Here on this thread?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aguila said:

https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-sunspots-to-bring-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/

I'd love to see where you made that guy shut up!  Where was it?  Here on this thread?

TBH, I don't remember for sure. I think it was this thread, but I've gotten into CC "debates" in several threads over the years.

A lot of the details fade over time, but when someone tries to make the argument that NASA and NOAA scientists would falsify data in order to maintain funding, it tend to stick in your memory.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canorth said:

Troops sent to the Borders. 

Borders now closed. 

How is this not an Act of War? 

Sure as  hell would be on any other place on the the planet. 

It's not an act of war but it certainly doesn't look good for a first world country but what should they do with all those people wanting to get to the US?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

It's not an act of war but it certainly doesn't look good for a first world country but what should they do with all those people wanting to get to the US?

Not sure, Ryan... maybe overwhelming the borders with highly trained soldiers with the orders to kill if rocks are thrown at them...

Wtf is your problem with these people?

Edited by Canorth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Aguila said:

You seem to know a lot about global warming so I was wondering if you could tell me how much of the greenhouse effect up there now is from CO2 from people. Thanks.

I maybe wrong but I sense that from this post and the link in your reply to Rupert you are not really interested in hearing any evidence that CC is actually happening or if it is human beings actions are the major contributor to it.

If I am wrong there are plenty of studies available that are easily found online.

There is also the evidence of increasing extreme weather events,record temperatures being set.

I have seen the weather model on my farm change in 50 years,1 third less rain, longer,hotter and dryer summers. 

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Give me your tired,your poor,your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,The wretched refuse of your teaming shore,send these the tempest tossed to me,I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Maybe treat them with compassion and empathy Ryan 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, I don't remember for sure. I think it was this thread, but I've gotten into CC "debates" in several threads over the years.

A lot of the details fade over time, but when someone tries to make the argument that NASA and NOAA scientists would falsify data in order to maintain funding, it tend to stick in your memory.

Did you read the article he posted and the comment section Brother ?

4 hours ago, Canorth said:

Not sure, Ryan... maybe overwhelming the borders with highly trained soldiers with the orders to kill if rocks are thrown at them...

Wtf is your problem with these people?

I don't have a problem with them

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Aguila said:

Fire his arse into Space! Do you think The 

Donald drinks scothch? Minbet he drinks coolers.mm :lol:

not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course.

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I maybe wrong but I sense that from this post and the link in your reply to Rupert you are not really interested in hearing any evidence that CC is actually happening or if it is human beings actions are the major contributor to it.

If I am wrong there are plenty of studies available that are easily found online.

There is also the evidence of increasing extreme weather events,record temperatures being set.

I have seen the weather model on my farm change in 50 years,1 third less rain, longer,hotter and dryer summers. 

Nah you’re right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

First off, they should use the money wasted on sending the military to the border to hire more immigration judges and then they should hear all of the cases of the people applying for entry in a reasonable amount of time and decide on a case by case basis, whether they qualify.

If people know that there's a reasonable chance that their application will be heard in a timely manner and that they won't just be rubber stamped for deportation, there will be far less attempts to enter the country illegally and less children separated from their parents. Less misery all around, actually.

Instead, Trump makes a point of referring to these people as "invaders", makes unfounded claims that "middle Easterners" (aka "terrorists" in the so-called minds of his supporters) are traveling with the caravan, threatens lethal force for anyone throwing rocks and generally attempts to dehumanize people who are fleeing for their lives.

"It doesn't look good" is an understatement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Did you read the article he posted and the comment section Brother ?

I did and it's full of the usual CC denier banality.....except for this guy:

Where does he say anything about global warming? He’s just saying we’re entering a sunspot minimum which coincides with a solar minimum, but that cycle lasts only a few years, no? So maybe we get a few years delay on further warming, or maybe not. If we do get a respite from the heat once the solar minimum is done, we’ll see global warming resume with a vengeance because regardless of what climate science tells us, we’re going to do very little, if anything, to curb greenhouse gas emissions. So not to worry, carbon fuels are here to stay, until they’re all burned up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I guess we can now add 60 Minutes to the "Fake News!" list:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-slams-60-minutes-over-report-on-family-separations/ar-BBQ64t5?li=AAggNb9

President Trump on Sunday slammed CBS's "60 Minutes" over an evening report about his administration's "zero tolerance" policy, which resulted in the separation of thousands of children from their parents at the southern border.

The "60 Minutes" report concluded that the Trump administration separated migrant children from their parents at the border for more time than most people realized, pursuing a "pilot" family separation program in 2017.

".@60Minutes did a phony story about child separation when they know we had the exact same policy as the Obama Administration," Trump wrote on Twitter.

60 Minutes....what a bunch of hacks, amirite?

Interesting that there's this wall like obstacle down along the border that is literally assisting the border agents in keeping people from illegally entering the United States. 

Apparently we have to build a new one though that spans thousands of miles..

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't have a problem with them

This is a humanitarian crisis. These people aren't rats trying to invade anything. They are people fleeing for their lives. Given the same situation, I'm sure you'd do the same with your family. 

So Russia arrests 3 Ukrainian navy ships...……...hmm US foreign policy at work...……….Trump pretty quiet

It strike me that Trump wants the EU to deal with this....of course the EU is scared $&!#less to confront the Russians...…..

So my imagination goes crazy and dreams up the EU positioning ships and warheads all at the Russian military installations, armies all on the eastern borders

Trump remains quiet

The Chinese...….start making plans to invade eastern Russia...……..

I know, all in my head

But the risk to Russia is real, and the EU should grab some big ones and stand up!

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

This is a humanitarian crisis. These people aren't rats trying to invade anything. They are people fleeing for their lives. Given the same situation, I'm sure you'd do the same with your family. 

There is about 100 countries I would move to before the US.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1