DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Speaking of rationalizing:

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-suggests-without-evidence-that-some-tear-gassed-migrants-were-‘grabbers’-who-took-others’-children/ar-BBQ8AGz?li=AAggNb9

Luckily for the migrants, Border Patrol was using the "safe" tear gas, instead of the "unsafe" kind....<_<

Every study,every bit of research illustrates the most refugees are families trying to flee violence in order to give their children a chance for a better life.

 

It sickens me that people in affluent countries like ours rationalise the mistreatment of these people.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are people going to think Assange is still some kind of hero if it turns out he worked for Trump?

 

Earlier Tuesday, The Guardian reported that Manafort secretly met several times with Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, including around the time he was made a top figure in the Trump campaign. The Guardian, citing sources, said Manafort met with Assange in 2013, 2015 and in the spring of 2016.
Both WikiLeaks and Manafort feature prominently in Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and whether the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow. In a court filing on Monday, Mueller accused Manafort of lying to investigators after agreeing to cooperate with the special counsel's office.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Every study,every bit of research illustrates the most refugees are families trying to flee violence in order to give their children a chance for a better life.

 

It sickens me that people in affluent countries like ours rationalise the mistreatment of these people.

 

couldn't agree more. Even if you want to be fully cold hearted about it, the studies have shown most refugees become productive tax paying citizens that commit less crime than Canadian and American born folks. There's no reason to refuse people like this, unless of course the numbers become such that the sheer number of them is overwhelming. We are nowhere near that in Canada. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Having lost 9 family members to those same nazis, your statment reminds me of willful ignorance and lack of empathy. Comparing group of people attempting to cross the border illegally with murder of 6 million people is stupid to say the least.

I am truly sorry for your loss however your post showed no empathy or compassion for the people at the Mexico border.

 

I suggest you read the book I mentioned and another book called Backing Hitler by Robert Gellately.

You might realise you are doing what the German people did,rationalising the mistreatment of other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aguila said:

I just thought maybe you read some of them and could answer the question. No question the earth must be warming. We have been for hundreds of years I think.

There have been many cycles of warming and cooling.

The one cycle that fascinates me the most was snowball earth.

This was the one time that the earth completely froze over.

Before that all life was single celled.

When the ice melted the first multicelled life appeared.

While we have a few theories we have no real idea how this process happened.

I seriously urge every person to watch Brian Cox's wonders of life and wonders of the Universe.

These series give us a few ideas about life and the evolution of our universe.

 

I do not pretend to be anything other than a skibum/flower farmer.

However in a time when so much information that is literally at our fingertips it is not hard to be informed on most subjects.

Combine this with the 3 major 3 BS detectors,what is the message, what is the history of the person/ organisation and what is their motivation for giving you the message it is not that hard to decipher the truth.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duodenum said:

One could also your statement is ignorant and lacking of empathy regarding the plight of the people that make-up the caravans. 

 

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/central-americas-violent-northern-triangle

 

Ilunga has always been an empathetic poster from what I've read. He's just bringing something he read into discussion. The crimes of the Nazi regimen is not something to be hidden away and not talked about because of how terrible they were. It's something to learn from. 

 

Edit: Sorry for your loss

When I first heard about the holocaust I found it so hard to believe that tens of millions of people could stand by and do nothing.

I know people had families to worry about however the sheer number of people if lead by the right person could have affected change.

The predjudice was already there Hitler exploited that.

 

What is even more terrible is that we have not learned the lesson that event taught us.

We as a species stated we would not let that happen again.

Since then there has been the Cambodian genocide, the Rwandan genocide,the Bangladesh genocide,the Darfur genocide, the East Timor genocide,the Burundian genocides,the Isaaq genocide,the Kurdish genocide, the Guatamalan genocide and what is described as the Rohingya persecution which is happening now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The stupid......it burns!".....

 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-slams-fed-chair-questions-climate-change-and-threatens-to-cancel-putin-meeting-in-wide-ranging-interview-with-the-post/ar-BBQarhr?li=AAggNb9

Quote

 

“I’m doing deals, and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed,” Trump said. “They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”

He added: “So far, I’m not even a little bit happy with my selection of Jay. Not even a little bit. And I’m not blaming anybody, but I’m just telling you I think that the Fed is way off-base with what they’re doing.”

Trump also dismissed the federal government’s landmark report released last week finding that damages from global warming are intensifying around the country. The president said that “I don’t see” climate change as man-made and that he does not believe the scientific consensus.

“One of the problems that a lot of people like myself, we have very high levels of intelligence but we’re not necessarily such believers,” Trump said. “You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean.”

 

:picard:

 

He's right about one thing, though......he definitely does have a gut.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Intelligent people never talk about how intelligent they are.. 

And stupid people rarely talk about how stupid they are....

 

....of course, they don't have to.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

what does his gut tell him about how the air and water got clean in the 1st place? EPA..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I am truly sorry for your loss however your post showed no empathy or compassion for the people at the Mexico border.

 

I suggest you read the book I mentioned and another book called Backing Hitler by Robert Gellately.

You might realise you are doing what the German people did,rationalising the mistreatment of other people.

Crossing the border illegally and throwing rocks at federal officers, is considered crime.

Those are the facts, you are just offering your opinion.

 

Also you don’t seem to have issues with people breaking the law, as long as supports your narrative.

Today rock throwing, tomorrow maybe shooting at those border patrol officers.

There have been numerous attacks and murders of those same officers on the southern border.

 

Since you keep mentioning this book, you should go back and read it again, and look in the mirror.

You might recognize yourself as one of those Germans that excused violence.

 

 

Lastly anyone that compares deaths of millions of people to what happened at the border, is deeply deprived individual.

And if you don’t see anything wrong with your comparison, I feel sorry for you.  

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Duodenum said:

One could also your statement is ignorant and lacking of empathy regarding the plight of the people that make-up the caravans. 

 

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/central-americas-violent-northern-triangle

 

Ilunga has always been an empathetic poster from what I've read. He's just bringing something he read into discussion. The crimes of the Nazi regimen is not something to be hidden away and not talked about because of how terrible they were. It's something to learn from. 

 

Edit: Sorry for your loss

My comment was about throwing rocks at the border patrol officers.

I made no mention of the plight of those people, therefore your article has no relevance to what I posted.

I imagine that assaults are against the law where you live, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

My comment was about throwing rocks at the border patrol officers.

I made no mention of the plight of those people, therefore your article has no relevance to what I posted.

I imagine that assaults are against the law where you live, right?

Duh and the violent perpetrators are gonna be blacklisted from entering. They screwed themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Crossing the border illegally and throwing rocks at federal officers, is considered crime.

Those are the facts, you are just offering your opinion.

 

Also you don’t seem to have issues with people breaking the law, as long as supports your narrative.

Today rock throwing, tomorrow maybe shooting at those border patrol officers.

There have been numerous attacks and murders of those same officers on the southern border.

 

Since you keep mentioning this book, you should go back and read it again, and look in the mirror.

You might recognize yourself as one of those Germans that excused violence.

 

 

Lastly anyone that compares deaths of millions of people to what happened at the border, is deeply deprived individual.

And if you don’t see anything wrong with your comparison, I feel sorry for you.  

 

 

 

For starters there are many laws that are unjust,that is what is important to me,not the law of the land but was is or is not morally just/unjust.

 

You state that you lost 9 relatives in the holocaust then you of all people should empathise with treatment of the women and children at the US- Mexico border.

 

Again like in many of your posts you display your inability to ratiocinate, critising the border guards/soldiers for inflicting pain/violence on the refugees does not equate to excusing the actions of the refugees.

 

The word deprived means suffering a severe and damaging lack of basic material and cultural benefits.

Being a white person in  Australia I hardly think this word can be applied to me

 

I suggest you take a course in critical thinking,it might help you to discern what others mean when they state their beliefs and help you state correctly what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

For starters there are many laws that are unjust,that is what is important to me,not the law of the land but was is or is not morally just/unjust.

 

You state that you lost 9 relatives in the holocaust then you of all people should empathise with treatment of the women and children at the US- Mexico border.

 

Again like in many of your posts you display your inability to ratiocinate, critising the border guards/soldiers for inflicting pain/violence on the refugees does not equate to excusing the actions of the refugees.

 

The word deprived means suffering a severe and damaging lack of basic material and cultural benefits.

Being a white person in  Australia I hardly think this word can be applied to me

 

I suggest you take a course in critical thinking,it might help you to discern what others mean when they state their beliefs and help you state correctly what you mean.

As long as we got that out of the way, who needs the laws, let’s just obey what we feel is right.

But somehow defending yourself after being attacked, makes you comparable to nazis.

You are so clueless, it is scary, I recommend taking some psychology classes to self reflect.

 

Thanks for the English lesson, the word I was going for was disturbed, lapsus linguae, since English is not my native language.

But again you display this sanctimonious and fastidious attitude, did I use the right words?

Your verbal  diatribe remind me so much of another penal colony resident that got banned, Buddahs Hand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So are people going to think Assange is still some kind of hero if it turns out he worked for Trump?

 

Earlier Tuesday, The Guardian reported that Manafort secretly met several times with Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, including around the time he was made a top figure in the Trump campaign. The Guardian, citing sources, said Manafort met with Assange in 2013, 2015 and in the spring of 2016.
Both WikiLeaks and Manafort feature prominently in Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and whether the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow. In a court filing on Monday, Mueller accused Manafort of lying to investigators after agreeing to cooperate with the special counsel's office.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Duh and the violent perpetrators are gonna be blacklisted from entering. They screwed themselves.

That was my original point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aguila said:

 

Remember when Wikileaks was impartial and in no way shape or form took sides on any one issue

 

But then proceeded to completely ignore Russia, Trump, the GOP and hone in 100% on the democratic party, Clinton and Bhengazi?  Only to then find out that russia had been assisting wikileaks the entire time

 

Pepperidge farm remembers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Remember when Wikileaks was impartial and in no way shape or form took sides on any one issue

 

But then proceeded to completely ignore Russia, Trump, the GOP and hone in 100% on the democratic party, Clinton and Bhengazi?  Only to then find out that russia had been assisting wikileaks the entire time

 

Pepperidge farm remembers

You think he should say he met Manafort when he didn't so he can be impartial.

 

Edited by Aguila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aguila said:

You think he should say he met Manafort when he didn't so he can be impartial?

Not in the least, I think that Wikileaks should stop pretending to be something they're not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.