DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

9 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You are slightly mistaken, as it would have been "his" majesty. George III, actually.

I was going for that “prisoners of her majesty” jab.

You are right of course, I even had to look up portraits of the old G.

Hansome fella I tell you.

3 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

That's just moronic and I can see why you want to duck out after saying it. Unless you believe Canadians whose families originally came over to work for the HBC still have an affinity for fur trapping because, hey, DNA?

I am not sure why you think I am ducking.

My comment was an insult to a man that compared me to Germans under Hitler.

I am surprised that you did not get my hyperbole.

3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Again you illustrate your inability to think in a rational logical manner.

You did not differentiate between any of the people who were tear gassed.

Some of the people that were sent to Australia as criminals were sent for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their starving families,would you call that a crime ?

And how would you know if I am one of the forebears of the people who were sent as "criminals" or one of the forebears of the millions of people who immigrated after.

There is no definitive evidence that criminal behaviour is passed on genetically 

You were trying to denigrate me which tells me you felt like your argument was weak and ineffectual so you had to resort to insults.

Shalom aleichem

We are running in circles here and we should spare other posters of our diatribes.

Next time before you get to nazi comparison you might try getting some clarification.

What was your first clue Sherlock?

That use of Hebrew just tells me how shallow person you are.

My family is not Jewish, but feel free to create a false narrative in your head.

57 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I am not sure why you think I am ducking.

My comment was an insult to a man that compared me to Germans under Hitler.

I am surprised that you did not get my hyperbole.

I think you were ducking out because you’re the one who said you were flouncing at the end of your post.

I’m honestly not sure how you made the jump from “othering others lead to the holocaust” to “all Australians have an affinity for criminals in their DNA” so you’ll have to forgive me if the logic of your statement was less than clear and seemed like something you were stating at face value.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

We are running in circles here and we should spare other posters of our diatribes.

Next time before you get to nazi comparison you might try getting some clarification.

What was your first clue Sherlock?

That use of Hebrew just tells me how shallow person you are.

My family is not Jewish, but feel free to create a false narrative in your head.

My "diatribe" as you call it is reacting to your comment that "once you start throwing rocks you expect rubber bullets and tear gas  in return".

I have an intense dislike of people who inflict violence on women and children and those who condone it.

You have not once in any of your posts repudiated the border guards/ troops that tear gassed women and children instead you have resorted to insults that include trying to link my genes to the people that were originally sent to Australia as criminals

You stated that you lost 9 family members in the holocaust so I finished my last post with the Hebrew for peace be upon you thinking that saying something nice was the perfect answer to you continued insults.

50 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I think you were ducking out because you’re the one who said you were flouncing at the end of your post.

I’m honestly not sure how you made the jump from “othering others lead to the holocaust” to “all Australians have an affinity for criminals in their DNA” so you’ll have to forgive me if the logic of your statement was less than clear and seemed like something you were stating at face value.

No point in arguing with people on the internet.

Like I said it was a jab not to be taken at face value.

Kind of how someone jumped from border guards defending themselves to drawing comparisons with nazis.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

My "diatribe" as you call it is reacting to your comment that "once you start throwing rocks you expect rubber bullets and tear gas  in return".

I have an intense dislike of people who inflict violence on women and children and those who condone it.

You have not once in any of your posts repudiated the border guards/ troops that tear gassed women and children instead you have resorted to insults that include trying to link my genes to the people that were originally sent to Australia as criminals

You stated that you lost 9 family members in the holocaust so I finished my last post with the Hebrew for peace be upon you thinking that saying something nice was the perfect answer to you continued insults.

Like everyone else who has mother, wife, children etc.

Also after going through a war my dislike was replaced with much stronger word.

My comment was about the men throwing rocks, those guys should not be allowed in the country.

Also using non lethal force is acceptable against those same men.

If women and kids were targeted purposely that was wrong.

There is nothing more that infuriates me like people using holocaust, nazis, death camps etc. to make points in today’s politics.

Nothing that goes on in North America today resembles that.

Also you have picked a wrong person to draw comparisons with the Nazis.

Most of my great aunts and uncles were children when fascists murdered them.

To me that is the ultimate spit in the face that I would never tolerate and let anyone get away with it.

Edited by CBH1926

31 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Like everyone else who has mother, wife, children etc.

Also after going through a war my dislike was replaced with much stronger word.

My comment was about the men throwing rocks, those guys should not be allowed in the country.

Also using non lethal force is acceptable against those same men.

If women and kids were targeted purposely that was wrong.

There is nothing more that infuriates me like people using holocaust, nazis, death camps etc. to make points in today’s politics.

Nothing that goes on in North America today resembles that.

Also you have picked a wrong person to draw comparisons with the Nazis.

Most of my great aunts and uncles were children when fascists murdered them.

To me that is the ultimate spit in the face that I would never tolerate and let anyone get away with it.

l am glad that you finally conceded that is is wrong to inflict violence upon women and children.

Only took you half a dozen posts and a lot of prodding.

Actually there is a lot going on in the US that is similar to what happened in Germany in the 1930's

Ultra nationalism,a large part of the population that feels left out ripped off.

A leader who continues to use lies like Hitler did, I actually watched a documentary that illustrated trump is using many of the techniques that Hitler did.

I do not think this is by design it is simply trump being trump.

And I was not just using you personally,there are tens of millions of Americans rationalising/condoning not just the tear gassing of women and children at the border also trumps racism, mysogny and bigotry not just the bigots and racists themselves but other Americans who state that is trump just being trump.

Again I am sorry for your loss nothing I can say will make up for the loss of your loved ones.

Drumpf is sinking deeper.  Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress.  Is it coincidence that it was done after Trump sent his written answers into the prosecutor?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/former-trump-attorney-michael-cohen-pleads-guilty-lying-congress-n941616

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former longtime attorney and fixer, pleaded guilty in federal court in Manhattan on Thursday to making false statements to Congress about the project to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

Appearing in a navy suit and white shirt, Cohen told the court that he lied when he told the Senate that work on a Moscow Trump Tower deal stopped in early 2016. In fact, discussion for the Trump Moscow project continued until 2017, he said, and named the president in open court.

Edited by SabreFan1

13 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I was going for that “prisoners of her majesty” jab.

You are right of course, I even had to look up portraits of the old G.

Hansome fella I tell you.

It was actually pretty interesting reading up on George III. He ruled for 60 years....

...we tend to think of the current House of Windsor as an exceptionally long line, but they're way behind the Hanovers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Drumpf is sinking deeper.  Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress.  Is it coincidence that it was done after Trump sent his written answers into the prosecutor?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/former-trump-attorney-michael-cohen-pleads-guilty-lying-congress-n941616

I think anyone with the ability to think fro themselves realizes that Trump has continued to profit personally through business interests that he supposedly had divested himself of, after the election. The fact that diplomatic guests stay at his properties when visiting the US, shows us that neither conflict of interest, nor lying about it bothers Trump and his supporters in the slightest.

There's also the fact that he's been dangling a possible pardon for Paul Manafort, even while Manafort is being investigated for possible links to Russian collusion, while working for the Trump campaign. But mention the phrase "obstruction of justice" to a Trump fan and they will scoff at the notion.

I'm really hoping that the weight of all of these transgressions finally cause the fence sitters, the swing state voters and maybe even some folks who vote Red because his/her daddy voted red, decide in 2020 that this orange clown has done more than enough damage in four years and send him back to creating failed enterprises and lying about how well they're doing.

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think anyone with the ability to think fro themselves realizes that Trump has continued to profit personally through business interests that he supposedly had divested himself of, after the election. The fact that diplomatic guests stay at his properties when visiting the US, shows us that neither conflict of interest, nor lying about it bothers Trump and his supporters in the slightest.

There's also the fact that he's been dangling a possible pardon for Paul Manafort, even while Manafort is being investigated for possible links to Russian collusion, while working for the Trump campaign. But mention the phrase "obstruction of justice" to a Trump fan and they will scoff at the notion.

I'm really hoping that the weight of all of these transgressions finally cause the fence sitters, the swing state voters and maybe even some folks who vote Red because his/her daddy voted red, decide in 2020 that this orange clown has done more than enough damage in four years and send him back to creating failed enterprises and lying about how well they're doing.

Now that the Republicans are losing full control of Congress, I'll be shocked if Trump makes it to 2020.  The only thing that could muck the whole thing up is the Democrat's usual incompetence.

28 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Now that the Republicans are losing full control of Congress, I'll be shocked if Trump makes it to 2020.  The only thing that could muck the whole thing up is the Democrat's usual incompetence.

Agreed. I'm hoping they nominate someone who isn't from the usual cast of characters. I've been advocating for Beto for quite a while and it seems like he might be gathering a bit of steam...

It would be nice if the Dems had a woman who could take down the Dotard, but no-one really jumps out at me. People mention Kamala Harris a lot, but I have my doubts.

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. I'm hoping they nominate someone who isn't from the usual cast of characters. I've been advocating for Beto for quite a while and it seems like he might be gathering a bit of steam...

It would be nice if the Dems had a woman who could take down the Dotard, but no-one really jumps out at me. People mention Kamala Harris a lot, but I have my doubts.

Why would it be nice if it was a woman?

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Why would it be nice if it was a woman?

Sweet irony.

• Like 1