DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Why would it be nice if it was a woman?

Because I think it would give them votes. (as long as it was a woman who wasn't deeply flawed, like Hillary)

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Because I think it would give them votes. (as long as it was a woman who wasn't deeply flawed, like Hillary)

I'm not making the connection.  Explain plz.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It was actually pretty interesting reading up on George III. He ruled for 60 years....

...we tend to think of the current House of Windsor as an exceptionally long line, but they're way behind the Hanovers.

If I recall right the only other ones close to Hanover are Plantangenet and Tudor but I think the latter was just over 100 years. 

27 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm not making the connection.  Explain plz.

I think a lot of women are pissed about the Kavanagh/Me Too thing. If there were a female candidate that checked all of the other boxes, I think it would help the Dems' cause.

17 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

This man is betting a lot on receiving a presidential pardon from a president with the attention span of a goldfish. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think a lot of women are pissed about the Kavanagh/Me Too thing. If there were a female candidate that checked all of the other boxes, I think it would help the Dems' cause.

Michelle Obama?  

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Ok.  I think I get what you're saying.  You think it would give the Democrats as a party a better chance to win a White House race. 

Not so sure about that angle of the argument.  The metoo thing ended up gobbling itself up when several of the original people who started it turned out to be hypocrites and the women don't lie about rape argument being used, backfired.

As for "checking boxes", either a man or woman would help the Democrats in that case especially after who they put up the last time.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Not a chance.

I accept she (likely?) has no interest, but I think she would win in a landslide, if she chose to run.  You don’t think she would win, if she ran?  If there weren’t term limits, I think she would win 10 IN A ROW!!!  

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

As for "checking boxes", either a man or woman would help the Democrats in that case especially after who they put up the last time.

Yeah I tend to think *ANY* candidate that didn't have the same issues (real and/or imagined) would get more votes.  And even a candidate that wasn't that well liked still got more votes than Bone Spurs.  It's where that candidate votes are distributed that is the key.  Just flip a number of key states (where the margins weren't that great).

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Ok.  I think I get what you're saying.  You think it would give the Democrats as a party a better chance to win a White House race. 

Not so sure about that angle of the argument.  The metoo thing ended up gobbling itself up when several of the original people who started it turned out to be hypocrites and the women don't lie about rape argument being used, backfired.

I was thinking along the lines of someone other than the "old guard" (Warren, Feinstein, etc) AOC is probably too new and maybe a bit too far left for fence sitters. My thinking was that if there was a female who was a bit more of a centrist and generated the kind of enthusiasm that O'Rourke does, she'd be an ideal candidate.

As it sits now, I think Beto might be the best choice.

I was thinking along the lines of someone other than the "old guard" (Warren, Feinstein, etc) AOC is probably too new and maybe a bit too far left for fence sitters. My thinking was that if there was a female who was a bit more of a centrist and generated the kind of enthusiasm that O'Rourke does, she'd be an ideal candidate.

As it sits now, I think Beto might be the best choice.

I think that Joe Kennedy III might be the choice the Democrats go with.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think anyone with the ability to think fro themselves realizes that Trump has continued to profit personally through business interests that he supposedly had divested himself of, after the election. The fact that diplomatic guests stay at his properties when visiting the US, shows us that neither conflict of interest, nor lying about it bothers Trump and his supporters in the slightest.

There's also the fact that he's been dangling a possible pardon for Paul Manafort, even while Manafort is being investigated for possible links to Russian collusion, while working for the Trump campaign. But mention the phrase "obstruction of justice" to a Trump fan and they will scoff at the notion.

I'm really hoping that the weight of all of these transgressions finally cause the fence sitters, the swing state voters and maybe even some folks who vote Red because his/her daddy voted red, decide in 2020 that this orange clown has done more than enough damage in four years and send him back to creating failed enterprises and lying about how well they're doing.

And to be damned by history.

That will be his real punishment.

It blows me away that a big chunk of half the US's  population does not vote against that POS for his crimes against women and his attitude towards them.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Not a chance.

Oprah ?

Kinda joking but wondering what you think about her chances if she ran.

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

It blows me away that a big chunk of half the US's  population does not vote against that POS for his crimes against women and his attitude towards them.

This is a fair representation of Trump's base:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah I tend to think *ANY* candidate that didn't have the same issues (real and/or imagined) would get more votes.  And even a candidate that wasn't that well liked still got more votes than Bone Spurs.  It's where that candidate votes are distributed that is the key.  Just flip a number of key states (where the margins weren't that great).

I have been looking into the voter suppression that went on in the midterms.

The Republicans are trying harder than ever to to rig the game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This is a fair representation of Trump's base:

giphy.gif

When I said half the population I meant women Phil.

I should have been clearer.

When I think of a trump supporter I start hearing the tune,dueling banjo's in my head.

• Haha 2

We have no idea if this is directly related to his work with TRUMP!!.  However, why is it that people with ties to TRUMP!! are getting raided, indicted, convicted, plead guilty, and sent to prison time and time again?  And yet, the guy at the top is innocent, according to himself and his followers.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/418928-federal-agents-raid-office-of-tax-firm-that-previously-worked-for

Federal agents raid office of lawyer who previously did tax work for Trump