DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

ignorance rules

style over substance

short term thinking over long term

easy vs. hard

welcome to our softening society

You may have a point. I do find it funny how Canadians point fingers at Trump while Trudeau and Chretien were complete liars on the matter. I guess Trump flat out refuses while JT tells people what they want to hear but does little to nothing. So far now kyoto and Paris accord are a complete failure for Canada.

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Apparently life expectancy has fallen for the 3rd year in a row in the US.

The numbers behind the this are interesting.

The rise in deaths from Fentanyl is quite disturbing.

I did not realise how potent this drug is.

Fentanyl is a big problem everywhere. BC has been hit hard by this drug.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Fentanyl is a big problem everywhere. BC has been hit hard by this drug.

China has done next to nothing to stop it, they just agreed to even classify it as a controlled substance last week. I really don't care if they are mad about arresting one executive when they don't give two $&!#s about lives in BC or anywhere else in Canada for that matter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

China has done next to nothing to stop it, they just agreed to even classify it as a controlled substance last week. I really don't care if they are mad about arresting one executive when they don't give two $&!#s about lives in BC or anywhere else in Canada for that matter. 

I totally agree. China is hurting BC in so many ways.

7 hours ago, Aguila said:
And Carbon tax.  Trump tweets they are chanting "we want Trump" lol

Image may contain: one or more people, meme and text

I've seen plenty of news coverage. In fact, it's been all over the mainstream media for about a week now. 

• Upvote 1

Also, hi clam. 

I'd say it's good to see you back, but in reality it's just really $&!# for the rest of the forum having to put up with this nonsense again. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I've seen plenty of news coverage. In fact, it's been all over the mainstream media for about a week now. 

OK. I stand corrected. But maybe you're in Scotland? Maybe they downplay the reasons for the unrest?

Edited by Aguila

2 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Also, hi clam. 

I'd say it's good to see you back, but in reality it's just really $&!# for the rest of the forum having to put up with this nonsense again. 

You think I'm a clam because I post some inconvenient facts which it seems many here are not aware of?

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I totally agree. China is hurting BC in so many ways.

they could be a great trade partner for us, but they also like to let a lot of very bad things go on and the hacking of IP needs to stop. I have read that there are certain ares of China that even Xi has no control over but personally I think thats bs, there's just too much money to be made by selling killer drugs to the world. 

So we'll see where this goes, there's probably some innocent poor bugger Canadian businessman doing business in China right now thats going to end up in jail over this unfortunately before its all over. 

• Upvote 2

China selling fentanyl is just payback for the opium wars.  ……… Thanks a lot Britain:mad:.

5 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

...but don't let the facts stand in the way of a stupid and inaccurate meme...

3 hours ago, Aguila said:

You think I'm a clam because I post some inconvenient facts which it seems many here are not aware of?

I wouldn't come right out and say it, but you calling it "Obama's NASA", raised a red flag for me. It was very reminiscent of a previous discussion I had with Mr. Linguine, where he saw the same information from NASA and NOAA and made the ridiculous claim that they were falsifying data in order to maintain funding from the Obama government.

That being said, Climate Change deniers pretty much all rely on the same few tired sources, so it's entirely possible that this is your first foray into CC disinformation on CDC.

But you probably are Clam.....so, 'sup?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wouldn't come right out and say it, but you calling it "Obama's NASA", raised a red flag for me. It was very reminiscent of a previous discussion I had with Mr. Linguine, where he saw the same information from NASA and NOAA and made the ridiculous claim that they were falsifying data in order to maintain funding from the Obama government.

That being said, Climate Change deniers pretty much all rely on the same few tired sources, so it's entirely possible that this is your first foray into CC disinformation on CDC.

Obama's NASA :picard::lol:

if its not Clam, its one heck of an impression. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

...but don't let the facts stand in the way of a stupid and inaccurate meme...

Well since you"re getting snitty about it , the meme says long coverage and it has definitely not been that, and if you don't listen carefully you'd never know what they are protesting about.  What I have seen is Stormy Stormy Stormy. Stormy was paid by Trump to be quiet! Mueller's got him. Trump is doomed! What the heck. Didn't we know this about two years ago.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I posted references that said the agencies are still under control of the Obama regime, but so as not to repeat too much, here's just one.

Greenpeace co-founder Dr. Patrick Moore ripped the new federal climate report: “The science must be addressed head-on. If POTUS has his reasons for letting this Obama-era committee continue to peddle tripe I wish he would tell us what they are,” Moore told Climate Depot.

“This new federal climate report even flies in the face of the  UNIPCC admission that there is no evidence of a connection between AGW (anthropogenic global warming) and extreme weather. [Lead author] Ms. [Katharine] Hayhoe reigns supreme. Very worrying,” Moore added.

9 minutes ago, Aguila said:

I posted references that said the agencies are still under control of the Obama regime, but so as not to repeat too much, here's just one.

Greenpeace co-founder Dr. Patrick Moore ripped the new federal climate report: “The science must be addressed head-on. If POTUS has his reasons for letting this Obama-era committee continue to peddle tripe I wish he would tell us what they are,” Moore told Climate Depot. 

“This new federal climate report even flies in the face of the  UNIPCC admission that there is no evidence of a connection between AGW (anthropogenic global warming) and extreme weather. [Lead author] Ms. [Katharine] Hayhoe reigns supreme. Very worrying,” Moore added.

Why do all of your sources look like their websites were designed by a 12 year old in 1980?

The "source" for this particular piece of tripe is a site called "Climate Depot", which is run by Marc Morano, a former Republican aide who once was part of Rush Limbaugh's staff. He has a BA in Political Science, but that isn't the same as being a scientist. His site is sponsored by an organization called CFACT, which is dedicated to Climate Change denial. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_for_a_Constructive_Tomorrow

Here's what an actual Climate Scientist has to say about your "source":

Climatologist Michael E. Mann has criticized Morano.[10] At the end of 2012, Media Matters for America, a politically left leaning media watchdog, named Morano the "Climate Change Misinformer of the Year."[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Morano

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, Aguila said:

OK. I stand corrected. But maybe you're in Scotland? Maybe they downplay the reasons for the unrest?

Na.

The people are pissed at higher taxes and high cost of living.

They like to smash their fellow countrymans shops and burn their cars every now and again to show their displeasure.

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, Aguila said:

You are dreaming if think the users of this forum are ill informed,particularly regular contributors to this thread.

And posting BS is not posting inconvenient facts.