DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

23 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Watching Pence sitting in on the exchange between Trump, and the Democrats Pelosi and Schummer, has me even more worried about the state of US politics. Pence, imo, is being very sneaky and coy about his role as VP. I see him as an opportunist, that's just waiting for Trump to implode. Heaven help us all if that man gets that opportunity.

What if Pence gets indicted (for his Manafort ties) and goes down alongside Trump. I can’t remember the presidential line of succession but doesn’t it go to the Speaker of the House? President Nancy Pelosi? :shock: :lol:

50 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

The American taxpayer doesn't actually pay them until they take office either. I get that you think all politicians are scum but you're making a bunch of assumptions that are false.  

They are getting a paycheck for the time they are elected,they have been elected for over a month now.

Their work does not just entail what they do in Congress while it is sitting also what they do inbetween.

If I thought I could be elected to political office I would try and if I was then elected I would use every chance I get to speak out against these scumbags and call them to account 

I do not think most politicians are scumbags I know it,their actions give them away.

A bunch of assumptions ?

I believed that they had sat for one day and I got it wrong.

See what I did there I admitted I made a mistake,something not many people do.

Wanna make that bet ?

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

They are getting a paycheck for the time they are elected,they have been elected for over a month now.

Their work does not just entail what they do in Congress while it is sitting also what they do inbetween.

If I thought I could be elected to political office I would try and if I was then elected I would use every chance I get to speak out against these scumbags and call them to account 

I do not think most politicians are scumbags I know it,their actions give them away.

A bunch of assumptions ?

I believed that they had sat for one day and I got it wrong.

See what I did there I admitted I made a mistake,something not many people do.

Wanna make that bet ?

Yes. I will take that bet. You're making assumptions and you are wrong. 

Congressmen and women don't get paid outside of their term of office. That term begins when you're sworn in. They have not been getting paid for the last month. 

https://www.senate.gov/CRSpubs/9c14ec69-c4e4-4bd8-8953-f73daa1640e4.pdf

19 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

What if Pence gets indicted (for his Manafort ties) and goes down alongside Trump. I can’t remember the presidential line of succession but doesn’t it go to the Speaker of the House? President Nancy Pelosi? :shock: :lol:

Indeed it would. Which would be unprecedented for a whole lotta reasons. 

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Congressmen and women don't get paid outside of their term of office. That term begins when you're sworn in. They have not been getting paid for the last month. 

Just to preempt his retort.

And the only ones who are getting paid are the members who won re-election, lost re-election, or were retiring (like Paul Ryan).  They are being paid as members of the outgoing congress and are part of the so-called lame-duck session.  Freshmen congress members like AOC aren't sworn in until the new year, when the next congress begins.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It does, because Paul Ryan is currently 3rd in line. He (Pence) is suspiciously quiet in all this. Like the captions yesterday, Elf on the Shelf.

14 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I will talk

15 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

16 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

So it appears we are both wrong/ right.

Members that were already elected which is most of them are getting paid and newly elected congressional members are not.

One  mistake does not make a bunch.

Don't you believe if they had any credibility they,the newly elected congressmen/women would be speaking out against trump and for the things they believe in,as I stated I would.

Or do you believe they should only start doing these things once they start getting a paycheck ?

The bet was whether any of the people hippy mentioned introduce meaningful legislation once congress sits again.

My point is and always has been if any of these politicians cared about the people who elected them then the uneven distribution of wealth that Oxfam states has never been so uneven in all of human history would not be happening and it is those politicians who are contributing to it happening.

Just now, Ilunga said:

I will talk

So it appears we are both wrong/ right.

Members that were already elected which is most of them are getting paid and newly elected congressional members are not.

One  mistake does not make a bunch.

Don't you believe if they had any credibility they,the newly elected congressmen/women would be speaking out against trump and for the things they believe in,as I stated I would.

Or do you believe they should only start doing these things once they start getting a paycheck ?

The bet was whether any of the people hippy mentioned introduce meaningful legislation once congress sits again.

My point is and always has been if any of these politicians cared about the people who elected them then the uneven distribution of wealth that Oxfam states has never been so uneven in all of human history would not be happening and it is those politicians who are contributing to it happening.

No, you're just wrong; we weren't discussing outgoing politicians (who do get paid until the end of their terms). Warhippy was referring to newly elected politicians, who aren't in office nor getting paid yet, and you claimed they were doing nothing in office while getting paid by the American taxpayer. You made two assumptions there and you were wrong on both of them. 

How would you know if they've been vocal or not anyway? AOC has been extremely vocal (on Trump and other issues) since her election and she's currently trying to drum up support for a Green New Deal for the US. Whether you agree with her goals or not, she has not been sitting on her hands in the interim period by any stretch of the imagination. 

27 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

No, you're just wrong; we weren't discussing outgoing politicians (who do get paid until the end of their terms). Warhippy was referring to newly elected politicians, who aren't in office nor getting paid yet, and you claimed they were doing nothing in office while getting paid by the American taxpayer. You made two assumptions there and you were wrong on both of them. 

How would you know if they've been vocal or not anyway? AOC has been extremely vocal (on Trump and other issues) since her election and she's currently trying to drum up support for a Green New Deal for the US. Whether you agree with her goals or not, she has not been sitting on her hands in the interim period by any stretch of the imagination. 

As I stated at the time a month or so back I admire AOC for standing up to the people/men who were demeaning,didn't you see my post.

I am call people out when I feel they need it however I give respect when it is due,you either did not see my post or did not pay attention to it.

How would I know ?

I follow societies all around the world,America in particular as it dominates the news cylce and it's culture permeates most western democracies.

One show that I watch and is quite detailed in the information it presents about American politics and the actuals numbers behind what is going on is Planet America however I source a lot of information from a lot of sources because I like to be informed about the events that shape our existence.

If you have some information that backs up your claim that American politicians are working against trump and for the things they believe in point me in that direction,I will thank you for contributing to my understanding of what the frack is actually going on.

Edited by Ilunga

This song is more pertinent than ever HerrDrFunk

Even if it's easy to be free what's your definition of freedom ?

And who the frack are you

Who the frack are they 

Who the frack am I to say what the frack is really going on 

How did the cat get to be so fat 

Why does the family die 

Do you care why ? 

Cause there hasn't been a sign of things getting better in the ghetto 

People are fed up still they get up

You point your fracking finger you racist you bigot 

Thats not the problem now is it

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY POLITICAL POWER IS TAKING PROTECTING THE RICH DENYING THE POOR

Yeah they love to watch the war from the whitehouse 

And I wonder how can they sleep at night ?

How can they sleep at night 

How did the cat get to be so fat 

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

As I stated at the time a month or so back I admire AOC for standing up to the people/men who were demeaning,didn't you see my post.

I am call people out when I feel they need it however I give respect when it is due,you either did not see my post or did not pay attention to it.

How would I know ?

I must have missed it but I remember the pantsuit fiasco and you accusing her of not doing enough for disaster relief halfway around the world while not actually being a congresswoman at the time. 

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

If you have some information that backs up your claim that American politicians are working against trump and for the things they believe in point me in that direction,I will thank you for contributing to my understanding of what the frack is actually going on.

I just gave you an example but here you go again: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/12/ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal-winning-climate-strategy/576514/

And again, these newly elected people aren't getting a paycheque yet. 

5 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I must have missed it but I remember the pantsuit fiasco and you accusing her of not doing enough for disaster relief halfway around the world while not actually being a congresswoman at the time. 

I just gave you an example but here you go again: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/12/ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal-winning-climate-strategy/576514/

And again, these newly elected people aren't getting a paycheque yet. 

" Pants suit fiasco" is that how you describe a discussion we had.

I am laughing my arse off.

You just can't let go of a disagreement we had months ago.

Then you "must have missed " me giving credit to the person I dissed because I admired her standing up to the men who were demeaning her.

Now you cannot let go of this issue about who is getting paid.

Nowhere in my posts did I specify AOC.

I get it though you have to be "right" that's all that matters eh.

I will reiterate what I stated a while back, I admire AOC, I despise men who demean women and admire women who stand up to the men who demean them.

I hope that permeates your consciousness this time.

You keep focusing on who is getting a paycheck because that is more important that currupt politicians who are facilitating the uneven distribution of wealth.

Drain that swamp, Donald....:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/politics/james-inhofe-purchase-raytheon-stock/index.html

Republican Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, the chairman of the powerful Senate Armed Services Committee, purchased thousands of dollars in defense stock after successfully pushing the Trump administration for more Defense Department spending.

According to his Senate financial disclosure report, Inhofe listed a purchase of $50,000-$100,000 in stock in US defense contractor Raytheon. Inhofe's communications director said he canceled the transaction when he became aware of it.

These crooks aren't even trying to hide it anymore.....and why should they? With their "dear leader" personally profiting from his position as president, they must feel that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Drain that swamp, Donald....:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/politics/james-inhofe-purchase-raytheon-stock/index.html

These crooks aren't even trying to hide it anymore.....and why should they? With their "dear leader" personally profiting from his position as president, they must feel that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.....

Like ive said, look at the portfolios of those who make the decisions in the admin and you will find the answers to most questions concerning their decisions. 

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

" Pants suit fiasco" is that how you describe a discussion we had.

I am laughing my arse off.

You just can't let go of a disagreement we had months ago.

Then you "must have missed " me giving credit to the person I dissed because I admired her standing up to the men who were demeaning her.

Now you cannot let go of this issue about who is getting paid.

Nowhere in my posts did I specify AOC.

I get it though you have to be "right" that's all that matters eh.

I will reiterate what I stated a while back, I admire AOC, I despise men who demean women and admire women who stand up to the men who demean them.

I hope that permeates your consciousness this time.

You keep focusing on who is getting a paycheck because that is more important that currupt politicians who are facilitating the uneven distribution of wealth.

Look, I get it. All politicians are the same to you. What I'm saying is maybe just consider familiarizing yourself with how the American government works to avoid inadvertently talking out of your ass in the future.

44 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Like ive said, look at the portfolios of those who make the decisions in the admin and you will find the answers to most questions concerning their decisions. 

Yep. "Follow the money" is especially apropos when talking about this corrupt administration....