DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is a little sad....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/after-being-bullied-boy-named-trump-gets-some-encouragement/ar-BBR55Wh?li=AAggFp4

No-one deserves to be bullied just because of their name, but honestly, how hard would it be to change it to something less offensive, like "Hitler" or "Cosby"? B)

thats nothing, I went to high school with a Russian kid named Sherestobedoff. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats nothing, I went to high school with a Russian kid named Sherestobedoff. 

I went to school with a native chick named Anita Dick. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I went to school with a native chick named Anita Dick. 

who does that to their kid? :picard::lol:

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

who does that to their kid? :picard::lol:

You'll have to ask her parents, Harry and Iwanna.....

• Haha 3

Kind of reminds me of my all time favorite sports team name: The Butte Pirates.....

22 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Kind of reminds me of my all time favorite sports team name: The Butte Pirates.....

Butte has had some some great team names:

Butte Roughriders

Butte Daredevils

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Butte has had some some great team names:

Butte Roughriders

Butte Daredevils

I once took part in a Trivia competition with a team captained by a Psychology prof and his students.....called themselves the Bi-Polar Bears.....

ok here we are on monday

trump went completely nutso over the weekend

and during the last part of the previous week

so that just signals that something else major is gonna drop

mueller, in conjunction with the new york prosecutors, has been masterful

in slowly revealing that factual basis for the trump demise

he has put up with a lot of personal abuse from the orange man

i kinda think he is gonna want to leave trumpie with a new significant something

as a holiday gift

so he has something major to stew about over the holiday season

i wonder what it is?

sometimes a new present can create a high degree of anticipation

i kinda think it will be an indirect present to many of us

who are fascinated with maga troupe down south

edit: and how about guiliani

he is simply a master portrait of legal farce

Edited by coastal.view

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Would that be Butte, Montana?

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Would that be Butte, Montana?

I think so....can't remember where I saw it TBH. It was years ago....

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I once took part in a Trivia competition with a team captained by a Psychology prof and his students.....called themselves the Bi-Polar Bears.....

My favourite is the Macon Bacon, a baseball team in the Coastal Plain League (baseball) Their mascot's name is Kevin. Macon also once had a hockey team called the Macon Whoopies.

• Hydration 1

On 12/17/2018 at 5:23 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

trumphair.gif

I am not much for memes however that is gold.

I wonder what/if Vlad has on trump.

It will all come to light eventually.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I am not much for memes however that is gold.

I wonder what/if Vlad has on trump.

It will all come to light eventually.

Not sure, but I know what Trump has on Vlad....

....about 75 lbs.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Lone Butte pirates?

Drumpf hires nothing but the best.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/giuliani-stumbles-into-admitting-trump’s-hush-money-payments-were-probably-illegal/ar-BBR6hJe?ocid=spartandhp

"

One comment Rudolph W. Giuliani made Sunday has been getting short shrift. In one fell swoop, he offered a false legal argument that both watered down the Trump team’s previous denials and — most importantly — seemed to actually admit to the underlying crime.

Speaking with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Giuliani sought to argue that Michael Cohen’s hush-money payments made on President Trump’s behalf can’t be campaign finance violations if they served any kind of personal purpose.

“It has to be for the sole purpose,” Giuliani said. “If there’s another purpose, it’s no longer a campaign contribution — if there’s a personal purpose."

41 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/giuliani-stumbles-into-admitting-trump’s-hush-money-payments-were-probably-illegal/ar-BBR6hJe?ocid=spartandhp

"

One comment Rudolph W. Giuliani made Sunday has been getting short shrift. In one fell swoop, he offered a false legal argument that both watered down the Trump team’s previous denials and — most importantly — seemed to actually admit to the underlying crime.

Speaking with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Giuliani sought to argue that Michael Cohen’s hush-money payments made on President Trump’s behalf can’t be campaign finance violations if they served any kind of personal purpose.

“It has to be for the sole purpose,” Giuliani said. “If there’s another purpose, it’s no longer a campaign contribution — if there’s a personal purpose."

tenor.gif.eb4f65611d863a45d37f5b781c352608.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, gurn said:

"

Further to that point, Giuliani had it wrong and drew attention to the fact by invoking the John Edwards case....

He then suggested that the failed prosecution of John Edwards for a campaign finance violation bolstered his point: “It’s not a contribution if it’s intended for a purpose in addition to the campaign purpose. In the case of [Edwards’s lover] Rielle Hunter, right, the payment of $1.1 million was intended to shut her up and was intended to avoid embarrassment with [Edwards’s] wife and with his children.”

The first point is that this is simply not true. The law does not say that a campaign finance violation only exists if the “sole purpose” of it is to impact a campaign. In fact, it says a contribution is “any gift, subscription, loan, advance, or deposit of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” This definition doesn’t carve out exceptions for things that were also for personal purposes (indeed, if that were the case, basically nothing would qualify). Instead, it says anything with a campaign benefit is a contribution.

And in fact, the Edwards case itself actually disproves Giuliani’s point. Via George Conway’s, Trevor Potter’s and Neal Katyal’s Friday op-ed:

Edwards repeatedly argued that the payments were not campaign contributions because they were not made exclusively to further his campaign. The judge rejected this argument as a matter of law, ruling that a payment to a candidate’s extramarital sexual partner is a campaign contribution if “one of” the reasons the payment is made is to influence the election

.You've really got to hand it to Trump. Against all odds, he's managed to find a lawyer worse than Michael Cohen and one as stupid as himself. It just goes to show how far being a "yes man" will get you with this administration. You can actually inadvertently implicate the boss in a crime and not get fired, just so long as you kiss the ring. (and by that, I mean the "ring" that Trump sits on)

• Upvote 2

Real talk from someone who would know:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/opinions-a-child-occupies-the-white-house-—-and-the-world-knows-it/ar-BBR6lG1?li=AAggNb9

I’m not sure the country has fully comprehended the damage being done by a president who misbehaves so frequently, it’s a news story when he doesn’t. Globally, the United States has lost its power, its aura of seriousness and decisiveness that once made autocrats hesitate before crossing us. Now we are a country that can’t seem to stand up to a ruler who orders the murder and dismemberment of a dissident who was a legal U.S. resident or call out Russia’s intrusion into America’s democratic process. Children know how to scream and sulk; they don’t know how to take control and restore order. They don’t know how to plot out a responsible position and then act on it. A child occupies the White House, and the world knows it.

A friend’s young son thought it was really funny when the president called someone “Horseface.” He giggled when he saw the president on TV telling a reporter that her question was “stupid” and that all her questions are stupid. Nine-year-olds should be able to look up to the president of the United States, not feel that the president is one of them.

Immaturity in adults has serious consequences. My friend, the author Marianne Williamson, once said, “Adults who behave like children do adult damage.” We’re starting to see some of that damage, most recently at the southern border. This president has slammed shut America’s door as loudly as a petulant child slams his bedroom door and shouts, “Go away.” The result is that thousands of migrants are living in squalid conditions just beyond the U.S. border, trying to keep babies from getting sick. This is adult damage, and there will be more.

12 hours ago, gurn said:

"

• Upvote 1