DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think what the good doctor means is before you do, or say something stupid that gets you banned, as it did all of your Trump loving predecessors. Of course you can just return in a different guise as so many have done.....unless, that's what you're doing now?

Clam reminds me of a cockroach, just when you think you got the last alt, another crawls from under the fridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone surprised that Donnie Dotard is trying to hang the shutdown on the Democrats, after saying that he'd own it just 10 days ago?

 

Anyone?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Clam reminds me of a cockroach, just when you think you got the last alt, another crawls from under the fridge.

The main difference being that when you turn on the lights, he doesn't go scurrying for cover.....he just pretends that it's still dark....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Since the first link is a video, I'll use the second link, an article:t

 

What part of it screams Armageddon to you?

The article is basically a bunch of actual quotes. Doesn't look like anything is incorrect about it, unless you can point me to what is in the article. Quotes are not made up.

 

From what I'm seeing, you are the one pandering fake news. First Mattis' resignation affecting the stock market and now this Armageddon claim. 

I will try one more time. THE MATTIS RESIGNATION DID NOT AFFECT THE MARKET. 

 

When I used the term Armageddon, I didn't mean that they said God was going to literally going to rain fire from heaven to destroy the earth. What i meant was, Lemon shaking in fear, and pundits calling it a "national security crisis" as in the article. Sorry.

Edited by Dash Riprock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Clam reminds me of a cockroach, just when you think you got the last alt, another crawls from under the fridge.

I remember that clam. He's the guy who lost his s@#$ when Benning didn't draft Tkachuk. Always called Juolevi "Julie" until an Aussie guy told him he was going to punch him out unless he shut up. That shut him up.  He also wanted to get rid of the Sedins. Is he gone?

Edited by Dash Riprock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dash Riprock said:

I will try one more time. THE MATTIS RESIGNATION DID NOT AFFECT THE MARKET. 

 

When I used the term Armageddon, I didn't mean God was going to literally rain fire from heaven to destroy the earth. What i meant was, Lemon shaking in fear and pundits calling it a "national security crisis" as in the article. Sorry.

5 hours ago, Dash Riprock said:

Not even CNN agrees with this. This is the first time I've ever heard this opinion.

 

With the US leaving the Russians and Syrians will be free to wipe out any remaining ISIS, whom they hate. It would be sad if Kurds are slaughtered. I hope and expect them to be taken care of. Why is the US there anyway? To protect ISIS from Assad? I actually don't know.

 

Markets love the Mattis resignatiion and shutdown. Will the sky is falling crew ever learn.

 

2 hours ago, Dash Riprock said:

The market reaction to the Mattis resignation was a good uptick this morning. The general market trend down atm is on the feds stubborn view on interest rates.

 

WMDs rings a bell. They were being used against the forces backed by ISIS. So there was a catch 22 going on. The US went in there to save ISIS from WMDS. This was my perception.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming when I read these posts. It sure looks like you are saying the Mattis resignation affected the market. 

 

The pundit who said it was a national security crisis was senator Chris Murphy. Also, a "pundit" is an expert in a field who offers their opinion to the media so I don't understand why the news wouldn't ask pundits. Are you saying the news should use quotes from non-pundits or non-experts? I feel like a senator might be an adept person to quote regarding this situation. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

 

I'm pretty sure I wasn't dreaming when I read these posts. It sure looks like you are saying the Mattis resignation affected the market. 

 

The pundit who said it was a national security crisis was senator Chris Murphy. Also, a "pundit" is an expert in a field who offers their opinion to the media so I don't understand why the news wouldn't ask pundits. Are you saying the news should use quotes from non-pundits or non-experts? I feel like a senator might be an adept person to quote regarding this situation. 

 

That's why sarcasm is a dangerous thing.  You conveniently left out my earlier clarification though.

 

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Which was overshadowed by the Fed for a little while. Why would Mattis resigning do anything compared to Fed news and a government shutdown lol.

 

2 hours ago, Dash Riprock said:

Exactly. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

I'm biding my time until the 2019 market fall. Recession is on its way and I'm planning to make even more money out of this one than the 2008 crash. 

That’s the plan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dash Riprock said:

That's why sarcasm is a dangerous thing.  You conveniently left out my earlier clarification though.

 

 

 

Ohh that was a clamification. Pardon me. Glad you owed up to the earlier mistake. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Ohh that was a clamification. Pardon me. Glad you owed up to the earlier mistake. 

Well, using sarcasm is sometimes ill advised. I'm not sure I'd call it a mistake. But I accept your apology anyway. 

 

:P

Edited by Dash Riprock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

That’s the plan!

Bought CIBC and Bank of America the last recession knowing the bank bailouts had to be made. 

 

Those were absolute killers. Especially BoA, managed to snag that one at the mid 5 dollar range if I remember correctly. 

 

Apple is looking quite yummy. Might buy in once I see how it reacts to the death cross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Trump is still a judge short if he wants to get his racist policies past SCOTUS:

 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/politics/supreme-court-upholds-block-on-trumps-asylum-ban/index.html

Quote

The Supreme Court on Friday upheld a federal judge's order blocking the Trump administration's new asylum restrictions.

Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the four liberal justices in the 5-4 ruling.
The administration's policy, signed on November 9, would temporarily bar migrants who illegally cross into the US through the southern border from seeking asylum outside of official ports of entry. A federal judge in California quickly blocked the order, and the 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals agreed.
"It's a major blow to the Trump administration and sends a strong signal that there are at least five justices who agree with the district court that the asylum ban exceeds the President's statutory authority," said Steve Vladeck, CNN Supreme Court analyst and professor at the University of Texas School of Law.

 

 

So. Much. Winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Bought CIBC and Bank of America the last recession knowing the bank bailouts had to be made. 

 

Those were absolute killers. Especially BoA, managed to snag that one at the mid 5 dollar range if I remember correctly. 

 

Apple is looking quite yummy. Might buy in once I see how it reacts to the death cross. 

Couldn't you simply put most of your money in a Vanguard index fund that pays 3.xx% dividend quarterly and use a DRIP instead of a 60/40 stocks bonds balanced portfolio and watch your common stock share prices tank during times like this? Plus, 3.xx% dividend of your total investment quarterly works out pretty well yearly if I'm not mistaken whether the market $&!#s the bed or not anyway. Am I totally mistaken about this? 

A 100k at 3.xx% every quarter reinvested seems a lot better than what I am doing now. Maybe I'm just a naive noob at this still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Couldn't you simply put most of your money in a Vanguard index fund that pays 3.xx% dividend quarterly and use a DRIP instead of a 60/40 stocks bonds balanced portfolio and watch your common stock share prices tank during times like this? Plus, 3.xx% dividend of your total investment quarterly works out pretty well yearly if I'm not mistaken whether the market $&!#s the bed or not anyway. Am I totally mistaken about this? 

A 100k at 3.xx% every quarter reinvested seems a lot better than what I am doing now. Maybe I'm just a naive noob at this still.

If you can't beat the market, be the market.

Index funds are great for the passive long term investor and most investors have a sizable background portfolio that they don't need to touch. I only actively trade in recession or lull markets to make a good quick buck. Otherwise I don't touch it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

 

Anyone else think Trump has no idea what a "coyote" is in that context? 

Do coyotes plague the US like monkeys do India?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do coyotes plague the US like monkeys do India?  

I'm sure there are a few ranchers in the south-west who would disagree but not especially. Trump seems to believe coyotes, the animal, are a threat to the border though. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Anyone else think Trump has no idea what a "coyote" is in that context? 

And did you know that in Mexico, "coyotes" who smuggle people across the wilderness from Mexico to the US, are called "polleros", or poultry dealers/transporters? In Mexico, live chickens are transported by freight trucks.

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

And did you know that in Mexico, "coyotes" who smuggle people across the wilderness from Mexico to the US, are called "polleros", or poultry dealers/transporters? In Mexico, live chickens are transported by freight trucks.

I had no idea. You learn something new everyday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member