DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Both?

well I was only considering the combined term as presented. But you can choose one or the other. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well I was only considering the combined term as presented. But you can choose one or the other. 

It's like comparing Pizza to Poo.

 

Neither were great defensemen for us, when comparing levels of crap.  One is clearly on a whole other level (and it's not remotely close).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

You are right there...people do not know how good they have it. But Trump is eroding democracy  , and with all these little erosions, inviting Putin into the Oval office unattended, to not showing his tax returns, to firing half of all the "Great" people he has hired, having half the foreign heads of state stay in his hotels, to all the exaggerations he spews out on a daily basis, to the endless aggressive behavior.  Trump is apiece of work, and I will bet you 1 Canadian Loonie, that when Trump is voted out, and the Democrats are in power and can control more than just the H O Reps, that Trump will be proven not a patriot.

I'd be fine if Trump or any president went for a private two week vacation with Putin. This idea he shouldn't be left alone with people is a great example of derangement syndrome worthy of the well documented crying and screeching Dems from election day. Remember Obama's, "tell Vlads I'll be able to swing a deal after the election". There is your collusion. And it wasn't a crime. Remember hiring Russians to fabricate a story to besmirch the President? There's your criminal act. Break free from Swampvision.

 

Quote

He did not win the popular vote, and if it wasn't for the poor white ignorant evangelists folk in the southern states that continually support the Republicans, this discussion would never ever happen. Proof is that Trump does not put any of his production of his own products there, nor do any of his Billionaire friends (all off shore). The my Paw, and my Paw's Paw voted Republican, so I will vote Republican, is exactly what gets these fools in, and if they ever accept that the north won the war, and get on with life and look around a little, they will see what they are missing.

The idea is to build a platform which makes it possible to bring manufacturing jobs back, not to suicidally bring them back to a structure that guarantees failure.

 

Quote

 

Exactly....Republicans do not get the joke! They do not get how utterly ridiculous Trumps politics is, how he tries to manipulate  and bully everyone. As a Canadian, I sit back and marvel at the ignorance of the Republican Senate majority, who have worked with most of the "good" men that Trump hired and fired, have sat at state dinner across from Allies and agreed with the discussions, only to now have Trump insult the world and they be too afraid to comment on his behavior. It is unbelievable how they support him, and it is because of his bulling tactics, and how he will turn on his own party if they don't support him.

 

This is how a Dictator is born...…..that is why Trump is the first American Czar...…..he is a dictator, plain and simple. The fact that he will not listen to his own generals, and advisors, make him that.

 

Democrats and a surprising amount of Republicans get that...……...I am totally surprised you do not...……….the world does...………...but you don't!

 

The joke is, it is a cartoon...……..his cards are falling and you will still be there defending him...……...astonishing really!

If he was a dictator a wall would be built and there would be universal health care. 

 

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yup, just another dumb ass southerner...…..the difference is how the National Democratic Party have come out against him as compared to the Republican Party that endorses

Trump after The bus incident with the disgusting gutter talk, my mom had to hear , the hookers he has tried to pay off, and his comments about how his daughter would be on his list of women to date if she wasn't her daughter....who says all that stuff...…………….you must be vey proud of your president...……...and how immoral he is.

 

Again......If it wasn't for his friend at the "National Enquirer" that fine, journalistic new paper buying off his stories, how many more would there be. Which is another thing.....once your Press is censored like Trump tries to do, you loose the ability to get unbiased investigations and news to the people...….now you may think different, but even Fox tells the same stories, but just from a different angle, but that is starting to change too, and they are periodically questioning Trump now.

 

You need your press free and uncensored...………..you need above all to believe that...……..Trump doesn't want you too, but the rest of the world does! It is important to us, that you get the truth...……..look at how the rest of the free world has questioned your president......why? Think about it!  One guy off his meds...…..the world says unbelievable, yet you can not see it?????

Understandable that Puritans and the coddled would not vote for someone with a sense of humor and who lived his life in the hedonistic style that was the goal for many pre 2000, and maybe still today.

 

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Yet Trump comes out and says after the young girl that got run over and killed...…….."There was fault on both sides", "There were good people on both sides" when speaking about the KKK and then you come out about this...……….yeah, there are bad people that are Dems, but there are a lot more that are Republicans...aka KKK

 

I think you Republicans are grasping at straws...…...sort of like a man grabbing at water trying to stay afloat. Kinds pointless hey?

And that's the only thing he said?  I don't think so. And of course he was factually correct. There WERE good people on both sides. But the thought police have deemed this statement as hate.

 

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Now that it's tax season, Drumpf voters are finding out that his small tax cuts are being paid for by their own past write-offs no longer being valid or being reduced/limited.  The lower tax refunds that the majority are getting this year are making that abundantly clear.

 

It also looked like they were getting more because the IRS changed the withholding amount tables for last year which made the check bump look bigger.

 

I know I shouldn't take such joy in stupid people's misfortune, but they bring it on themselves by being tribal to the point that they vote against their own interests.  It's like watching someone shooting themselves in the leg.  It's terrible, but you can't help but laugh at and mock them later for it.

 

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/taxes/tax-code-changes-leave-americans-asking-what-happened-my-refund-n969366 

DiD YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT THE ARTICLE SAID?>>>>>>}}}}        LESS REFUND FOR 20% OF AMERICANS>>>>>>>>>>>>>POOR AMERICANS

TAXES CHARGED TO YOU BY YOU FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!  :picard:

 

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Read the Article Bernards…………...20% of Americans are not getting the refunds they got last year...……...this is by your Federal Republican Government tax laws

They lied to you again! LOL  :picard:

Right. I did not read the article because I suspect it will tell me what I know. People living in highly taxed states like New York (who do not vote Republican anyway) pay more tax. 80% pay less though, that's good isn't it.  Feel free to clue me in if I'm wrong.

Edited by Bernards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

This thread is absolute torcher. 

Careful now....Phil might call you dumb because you used the wrong torture.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

 

I'm actually a bit surprised that someone like that made his way onto Faux at all. (Maybe the hair fooled them?) Generally, the schtick for Carlson and his ilk is to bring on some left-wing doofus so the host can shred him or her and show the mouth breathers how TC "put that libtard in his place"...

 

I'm thinking that Carlson's booker got yelled at, after that interview....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pocohontas declares herself as running for President, seemingly as the old white OAC.  She got the young Kennedy on her team and gave a good speech. After watching it, surprisingly, I think she will be a front runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bernards said:

Pocohontas declares herself as running for President, seemingly as the old white OAC.  She got the young Kennedy on her team and gave a good speech. After watching it, surprisingly, I think she will be a front runner.

I'm not so sure. I've said already that I think the "Native heritage" thing will be too damaging to her campaign.

 

You can bet your bottom dollar that a certain fat, orange incumbent will be using the insulting nickname at every opportunity.....as will his moron supporters, who see the use of racist epithets as an acceptable form of address for a political opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not so sure. I've said already that I think the "Native heritage" thing will be too damaging to her campaign.

 

You can bet your bottom dollar that a certain fat, orange incumbent will be using the insulting nickname at every opportunity.....as will his moron supporters, who see the use of racist epithets as an acceptable form of address for a political opponent.

He doesn't have many morons, but her zombies seemed to be completely oblivious to it all. :P

 

I now think she can work through it. It's getting old.

Edited by Bernards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm actually a bit surprised that someone like that made his way onto Faux at all. (Maybe the hair fooled them?) Generally, the schtick for Carlson and his ilk is to bring on some left-wing doofus so the host can shred him or her and show the mouth breathers how TC "put that libtard in his place"...

 

I'm thinking that Carlson's booker got yelled at, after that interview....

I'm surprised people are calling this a win for the left.  Everything Robert Hockett said wasn't the case, is in fact the case.  its taken straight from AOC website FAQ page..  AOC has now since taken that page down from her website because of the backlash.  

 

I agree that when people go onto tuckers show he's already pre loaded with ammunition to make them look dumb, and i'm pretty sure that girl he always invites is just a set up.  But all Robert Hockett did was go on there and when Tucker came at him with his pre loaded ammo, he just flat out lied and said no, which was completely false. Although it does make it hard to argue the point when the guy is just stating Fake news....

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the tax return story, I think it's important to point out that although the two articles I read both pointed out that it's that the refunds went down and not necessarily that the taxes went up, some people might be confusing the two...

 

For many people, their rate of taxation remained mostly stable, although some anecdotal evidence tells us that some might have been moved to a lower bracket, while losing certain deductions they may have had in the past. In a lot of these cases, we find the net effect is the same: They paid roughly the same amount of tax, but less was held back by their employers, making for a lower return, or in some cases, a bill.

 

That being said, the tax cut that Trump and the GOP were touting was supposed to put money in everyone's pocket and the savings for large corporations was supposed to have a trickle down effect. I think it's fairly clear that neither of those things has happened. What has happened is that the debt has increased at a rate commensurate with the lost tax revenue, something that seems counter intuitive, in a so-called "roaring economy"....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bernards said:

I remember hearing many New Yorkers were expected to pay higher taxes from the get go. No surprise there. Many people in the most highly taxed states were not going to see benefits. Maybe this is what you're talking about.

Compare the 2017 federal tax withholding tables to the 2018 tables and you'll see what I'm talking about when it comes to tax refunds.  Also, look at the deductions in Trump's tax bill that he eliminated.  A few are mentioned in the article.

 

The tax "cut" was not quite the deal that some thought it would be for the majority of the non-rich.  The Trumpkins are now finding it out the hard way now that the tax man has cometh.

 

Trump may speak like a populist, but his actions, as far as domestic monetary policy, are that of a business favouring ultra-conservative.  It's not exactly a shock.  A NYC real estate guy who is a known scam artist making the laws favour people like himself even more than they already do.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bernards said:

He doesn't have many morons, but her zombies seemed to be completely oblivious to it all. :P

 

I now think she can work through it. It's getting old.

He's got nothing but morons.

 

Who but a moron would believe that a 25 billion dollar wall would be built and then paid for by a foreign country? Who but a moron would believe that health care could be made "better and cheaper" while at the same time "covering everyone"?

 

If it wasn't for morons, the Orange moron would never had been elected.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Careful now....Phil might call you dumb because you used the wrong torture.

I am with you. Phil didn't need to call the guy dumb. His stupidity was transparent to everyone when he used the words "liberal nazi". 

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Regarding the tax return story, I think it's important to point out that although the two articles I read both pointed out that it's that the refunds went down and not necessarily that the taxes went up, some people might be confusing the two...

 

For many people, their rate of taxation remained mostly stable, although some anecdotal evidence tells us that some might have been moved to a lower bracket, while losing certain deductions they may have had in the past. In a lot of these cases, we find the net effect is the same: They paid roughly the same amount of tax, but less was held back by their employers, making for a lower return, or in some cases, a bill.

 

That being said, the tax cut that Trump and the GOP were touting was supposed to put money in everyone's pocket and the savings for large corporations was supposed to have a trickle down effect. I think it's fairly clear that neither of those things has happened. What has happened is that the debt has increased at a rate commensurate with the lost tax revenue, something that seems counter intuitive, in a so-called "roaring economy"....

Someone read my linked article and understood it!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Someone read my linked article and understood it!!! 

Yeah, I read a Vox article yesterday that said pretty much the same thing.

 

I'm on record as being against the tax cut, because I believe that it's been proven that supply side / trickle down economics doesn't work, but I think the reality is bad enough. Someone reading the quotes from people who are getting smaller refunds might believe that their taxes have increased. That is just not the case for the majority.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Regarding the tax return story, I think it's important to point out that although the two articles I read both pointed out that it's that the refunds went down and not necessarily that the taxes went up, some people might be confusing the two...

 

For many people, their rate of taxation remained mostly stable, although some anecdotal evidence tells us that some might have been moved to a lower bracket, while losing certain deductions they may have had in the past. In a lot of these cases, we find the net effect is the same: They paid roughly the same amount of tax, but less was held back by their employers, making for a lower return, or in some cases, a bill.

 

That being said, the tax cut that Trump and the GOP were touting was supposed to put money in everyone's pocket and the savings for large corporations was supposed to have a trickle down effect. I think it's fairly clear that neither of those things has happened. What has happened is that the debt has increased at a rate commensurate with the lost tax revenue, something that seems counter intuitive, in a so-called "roaring economy"....

 

In a nutshell, all Trump did was change the tax tables so instead of most people seeing their money all at once at the end of the year in the form of a refund, they got it piecemeal in their weekly paycheques. 

 

Then he closed off or limited a number of deductions that regular people used as write-offs which in effect takes a chunk of money from their pockets once a year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I read a Vox article yesterday that said pretty much the same thing.

 

I'm on record as being against the tax cut, because I believe that it's been proven that supply side / trickle down economics doesn't work, but I think the reality is bad enough. Someone reading the quotes from people who are getting smaller refunds might believe that their taxes have increased. That is just not the case for the majority.

Trump gave temporary small relief to a minority while basically keeping most people at roughly the same, and then absolutely screwing another small minority's write-offs.

 

As for people like him, they got a large permanent tax reduction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Trump gave temporary small relief to a minority while basically keeping most people at roughly the same, and then absolutely screwing another small minority's write-offs.

 

As for people like him, they got a large permanent tax reduction.

Exactly....and as you said earlier, it was a case of people who voted for him, voting against their own interests. It remains to be seen if they will realize that they were conned, once the 2020 election rolls around.

 

One can hope.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.