DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh ok, ya I probably agree.

The thing is, most of what we see from anyone besides Faux, is a synopsis of what what said during the rally and it's always a list of stuff we've heard a bunch of times. We also see the obligatory fact-check, even though we all know that it's going to be full of lies.

There's no reason for these guys to actually attend these events. They can just watch the Faux coverage, edit out the Trump nut-hugging and make their reports.

54 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think his approval rate is higher then JT's yet most say JT will win re-election. If Trump wins this thread will likely make 10,000 pages.

JT will most likely win because the alternative is somehow worse and people are split between more options. I wish Rona Ambrose stayed leader of the Cons. I ended up liking her. Plus she had a bit of a milf factor and looked like she likes it dirty. I like that.

Trump has pissed off a lot of demographics and was voted in against a really unlikable person. He probably won't have that in 2020. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh. What if one of these MAGA hat wearing clowns decides to do more than rough up a reporter?

more ratings  lol

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

more ratings  lol

We already had a Trump fanatic show up and shoot up a pizza parlor....do you really think it's far fetched that someone at a Trump rally wouldn't do something like that, when his dear leader spends so much time demonizing journalists?

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

JT will most likely win because the alternative is somehow worse and people are split between more options. I wish Rona Ambrose stayed leader of the Cons. I ended up liking her. Plus she had a bit of a milf factor and looked like she likes it dirty. I like that.

Trump has pissed off a lot of demographics and was voted in against a really unlikable person. He probably won't have that in 2020. 

Agreed. If Rachel Notley would just go out and get a boob job, that pipeline would probably be already built....B)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. If Rachel Notley would just go out and get a boob job, that pipeline would probably be already built....B)

Hah! Nah...no saving that $&!#ty alligator skinned rat face of hers. She's just awful in many, many ways. 

EDIT: The C word gets through the blockage...beware...lol

Edited by Gnarcore

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

We already had a Trump fanatic show up and shoot up a pizza parlor....do you really think it's far fetched that someone at a Trump rally wouldn't do something like that, when his dear leader spends so much time demonizing journalists?

No, I don't.

Maybe I am misunderstood. Journalists need to sell stories. They aren't going to avoid the trainwreck that is this POTUS.

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Hah! Nah...no saving that $&!#ty alligator skinned rat face of hers. She's just awful in many, many ways. 

EDIT: The C word gets through the blockage...beware...lol

Yeah, I don't know why that word gets through :/ 

@StealthNuck Maybe consider adding that one? 

Just now, Shift-4 said:

No, I don't.

Maybe I am misunderstood. Journalists need to sell stories. They aren't going to avoid the trainwreck that is this POTUS.

The point I already made was that they can still write and "sell" the stories without actually attending these rallies.

Being at a SOTU, or other official presidential event is a different story. They don't pack those events with folks who cracked their skulls diving into the shallow end of the gene pool....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yeah, I don't know why that word gets through :/ 

@StealthNuck Maybe consider adding that one? 

I've never actually tried to use that one, so it's definitely a surprise....I once had the word "beaver" edited by a mod (my money's on Monty) although I admit, there was more than one way to interpret my meaning.B)

11 hours ago, Bernards said:

Being called a moron is nothing, but don't make obvious mistakes. I already told you what it was.

You don't want to respond because you can't. You know I'm right. How could you possibly think Trump is lazy after his election performance. Even his opponents admit his work rate is off the charts. Watching fake news and using social media in his spare time is the best possible use of it. You know it, and you hate it.

But I know you want what's best, it's just that, at this time, you don't realize it is Trump.  I bet come 2020 we'll be standing shoulder to shoulder, pushing Trump across the finish line.

Great speech tonight. Poor Beto got mowed over when he tried to steal the president's thunder by having his own rally. Trump now at 52% approval, the highest ever on Rasmussen.

Got mowed over?  Don't believe every word that comes out of TRUMP!!'s mouth. Why would such a powerful, successful man worry about lil Beto?  

The crowd sizes for both rallies were much closer in size, even though Beto's rally followed a mile-long march.  I wonder how many people in TRUMP!!'s rally could have participated in a mile-long march before the rally.

Trump seemed very interested in Beto O'Rourke's evidently larger crowd during his El Paso rally

Trump's audience inside the coliseum was 6,500, at capacity, El Paso Fire Department public information officer Enrique Aguilar told the El Paso Times. "It might be 10,000 with the people outside," watching on monitors. The rally O'Rourke spoke at, following a mile-long march, drew at least 7,000 people, The Texas Tribune reports. Bloomberg's Jennifer Epstein says that's an undercount:

• Upvote 3

If Martha McSally (appointed to McCain's old seat after she lost to Sinema for Flake's old seat) goes to the general unchallenged and Kelly wins the Democratic nomination, then we could see former Air Force pilot vs. former Navy pilot and astronaut.  Both sides will get to wrap themselves in the flag due to their patriotic service.  It will come down to policy.  And McSally already lost a Senate election.  Looks like she may lose another.  

FYI:  "Kelly is the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords, who survived being shot in the head in a 2011 mass shooting that left six dead in Tucson, Arizona. Since that attack, Giffords and Kelly have been prominent advocates for gun control."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/02/12/mark-kelly-run-john-mccain-senate/2845407002/

Retired astronaut Mark Kelly to run as Democrat for John McCain's Senate seat in 2020

Good ol Faux News....  A top 6 story is the death of Faith Hill's father...apparently it's 'devastating news'...the man was 88 years old....... 

20 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Good ol Faux News....  A top 6 story is the death of Faith Hill's father...apparently it's 'devastating news'...the man was 88 years old....... 

They were also running a "gotcha" story on how John Oliver "got booed" on the Colbert Report...

...of course the reason for the booing was the fact that Oliver suggested that Trump might get re-elected....:rolleyes:

Still, those are upgrades over the "headlines" we often see about some hunter in South Bumblefrack who shot a 14 point buck....<_<

14 hours ago, Bernards said:

Trump now at 52% approval, the highest ever on Rasmussen.

Cherry picking at its finest. Rasmussen ALWAYS shows Trump higher than other polls. Look at this from this morning (from 538):

image.thumb.png.50e153280827481ff125d0d14a4a6a66.png

Even if were 52%, almost half still disapprove. That said, he'll still probably be re-elected in 2020. If he can stay out of jail.

• Upvote 1

So, at this point, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter and the chairman of the House Freedom Caucus have all criticized the new bipartisan deal to keep the government from being shut down. The question is, does Trump bow to their pressure like he did last time and risk another politically costly shutdown?

During his rally yesterday, he tried to paint the shutdown in a positive light, stating that it allowed people to see what a disaster the situation at the southern border is. (paraphrasing) If Trump truly believes that, then he'll reject the deal and shut the government down after the 15th.

However, if he takes the deal and attempts a run around of Congress, by declaring a state of emergency and appropriating funds earmarked for other things, we'll know for sure he was talking out of his posterior, as usual.

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/media/bbc-camera-man-attack-trump-rally-scli/index.html

It should come as no surprise that a Trump supporter would attack someone from the media, considering the language Trump employs when talking about them.

I wonder if it would ever get to the point where they stop covering these circle jerks. There's never anything newsworthy done, or said at a Trump rally.....just a string of lies, interspersed with dog-whistle chants, like "Build the Wall!" and "Lock her up!"

IMHO, the best way for the media to react to Donald Trump is to ignore him. Nothing they could do would hurt him more.

The BBC video is on YouTube.  I'll make it easy for people who won't click the link.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The BBC video is on YouTube.  I'll make it easy for people who won't click the link.

Anger, fear, and violence are Dumbp's real running mates.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Weak minded people are often all too willing to follow the person who yells the loudest while simultaneously pandering to their most base emotions.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is no order, no civility, no tolerance, no approximation of sincere regard for the rights of others. Those rallies stoke the worst impulses of the angry, the fearful and the violent, revealing a stark portrait of the very worst of America. And Trump is the gleeful ringmaster and proprietor-in-chief, cashing in off ignorance of his disciples and the impotence of his opponents. With a huge assist from the slimiest group of Republican senators ever, Trump continues to milk the system and make off like a bandit. So why wouldn't he hold these festive almost orgiastic love-ins? They are likely the only thing approaching satisfaction he gets these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3