DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

45 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

There is no order, no civility, no tolerance, no approximation of sincere regard for the rights of others. Those rallies stoke the worst impulses of the angry, the fearful and the violent, revealing a stark portrait of the very worst of America. And Trump is the gleeful ringmaster and proprietor-in-chief, cashing in off ignorance of his disciples and the impotence of his opponents. With a huge assist from the slimiest group of Republican senators ever, Trump continues to milk the system and make off like a bandit. So why wouldn't he hold these festive almost orgiastic love-ins? They are likely the only thing approaching satisfaction he gets these days.

Awesome post. The nail couldn't have been hit harder on the head. 

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

There is no order, no civility, no tolerance, no approximation of sincere regard for the rights of others. Those rallies stoke the worst impulses of the angry, the fearful and the violent, revealing a stark portrait of the very worst of America. And Trump is the gleeful ringmaster and proprietor-in-chief, cashing in off ignorance of his disciples and the impotence of his opponents. With a huge assist from the slimiest group of Republican senators ever, Trump continues to milk the system and make off like a bandit. So why wouldn't he hold these festive almost orgiastic love-ins? They are likely the only thing approaching satisfaction he gets these days.

What lack of order? What lack of civility? What lack of tolerance? What lack of regard for rights. Milks the system? Back it up General.

14 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So, at this point, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter and the chairman of the House Freedom Caucus have all criticized the new bipartisan deal to keep the government from being shut down. The question is, does Trump bow to their pressure like he did last time and risk another politically costly shutdown?

During his rally yesterday, he tried to paint the shutdown in a positive light, stating that it allowed people to see what a disaster the situation at the southern border is. (paraphrasing) If Trump truly believes that, then he'll reject the deal and shut the government down after the 15th.

However, if he takes the deal and attempts a run around of Congress, by declaring a state of emergency and appropriating funds earmarked for other things, we'll know for sure he was talking out of his posterior, as usual.

I'm not sure the funds are there are they? I see the US just topped 22 trillion in debt and in will rise a trillion dollars a year over the next decade.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not sure the funds are there are they? I see the US just topped 22 trillion in debt and in will rise a trillion dollars a year over the next decade.

I'm guessing somewhat, but I've heard a few possibilities....one being disaster relief funds....

....maybe some of that money he saved by doing as little as possible to help Puerto Rico after Maria....

11 hours ago, Bernards said:

What lack of order? What lack of civility? What lack of tolerance? What lack of regard for rights. Milks the system? Back it up General.

If anything as you're in the deluded minority that doesn't see this.

Prove he's wrong

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm guessing somewhat, but I've heard a few possibilities....one being disaster relief funds....

....maybe some of that money he saved by doing as little as possible to help Puerto Rico after Maria....

Money saved?? He is running a near trillion dollar defecit. Both parties in the US have no plans or idea how to get spending under control.

30 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Money saved?? He is running a near trillion dollar defecit. Both parties in the US have no plans or idea how to get spending under control.

He doesn't care about the deficit. He knows it's going to be someone else's problem. With that in mind, it's clear that the administration didn't spend on hurricane relief for Maria the way they did for Harvey:

No two hurricanes are alike, and Harvey and Maria were vastly different storms that struck areas with vastly different financial, geographic and political situations. But a comparison of government statistics relating to the two recovery efforts strongly supports the views of disaster-recovery experts that FEMA and the Trump administration exerted a faster, and initially greater, effort in Texas, even though the damage in Puerto Rico exceeded that in Houston.

Within six days of Hurricane Harvey, U.S. Northern Command had deployed 73 helicopters over Houston, which are critical for saving victims and delivering emergency supplies. It took at least three weeks after Maria before it had more than 70 helicopters flying above Puerto Rico.

Nine days after the respective hurricanes, FEMA had approved $141.8 million in individual assistance to Harvey victims, versus just $6.2 million for Maria victims.

During the first nine days after Harvey, FEMA provided 5.1 million meals, 4.5 million liters of water and over 20,000 tarps to Houston; but in the same period, it delivered just 1.6 million meals, 2.8 million liters of water and roughly 5,000 tarps to Puerto Rico.

Nine days after Harvey, the federal government had 30,000 personnel in the Houston region, compared with 10,000 at the same point after Maria.

It took just 10 days for FEMA to approve permanent disaster work for Texas, compared with 43 days for Puerto Rico.

Seventy-eight days after each hurricane, FEMA had approved 39 percent of federal applications for relief from victims of Harvey, versus 28 percent for Maria.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/27/donald-trump-fema-hurricane-maria-response-480557

40 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

They don't think they need to as being the world currency they can print money at will.  Albeit at at $1.10 per dollar bill.  Funny thing is who gets that extra 10 cents.  that's a good one.

Edited by chilliwiggins

3 hours ago, Duodenum said:

A good example would be an accusation that occurred before he took on the swamp. At least that would be something. This article is list of negative things he has said about persons who are minorities. By this metric, Trump is by far most racist against wasps. Where is the outrage?

The Mexican judge one is interesting. It is racist in a way,  but it's true of judges of all races, creeds, cultures etc.  Sad but true and proven over and over again. The latest example, which I find amusing, is the Canadian supreme court ruling in favour of Quebec on the hydro dispute with Newfoundland. The Newfie judge was the only dissenting vote. (he was probably the only honest one)

Edited by Bernards

3 minutes ago, Bernards said:

A good example would be an accusation that occurred before he took on the swamp. At least that would be something. This article is list of negative things he has said about persons who are minorities. By this metric, Trump is by far most racist against wasps. Where is the outrage?

The Mexican judge one is interesting. It is racist in a way,  but it's true of all races, creeds, cultures etc.  Sad but true and proven over and over again. The latest example, which I find amusing, is the Canadian supreme court ruling in favour of Quebec on the hydro dispute with Newfoundland. The Newfie judge was the only dissenting vote.

Meaning.....he said it so it's ok because I can justify it.

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Meaning.....he said it so it's ok because I can justify it.

Meaning it's interesting so how to define it.  Is it not established by now that everyone can be defined as racist. What kind of racism is acceptable is the question now. Trump was essentially accusing the judge of being racist. As I said, judges do rule in favour of their own race, creed, culture.  So what's wrong with complaining about it.

Edited by Bernards

42 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

They don't think they need to as being the world currency they can print money at will.  Albeit at at $1.10 per dollar bill.  Funny thing is who gets that extra 10 cents.  that's a good one.

Also that crazy thing called inflation.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bernards said:

Meaning it's interesting so how to define it.  Is it not established by now that everyone can be defined as racist. What kind of racism is acceptable is the question now. Trump was essentially accusing the judge of being racist. As I said, judges do rule in favour of their own race, creed, culture.  So what's wrong with complaining about it.

Clam we have had this conversation before, "We are all racists" just doesn't have the same ring as "We are all Canucks". Nice try but back to the drawing board.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bernards said:

The Mexican judge one is interesting. It is racist in a way,  but it's true of judges of all races, creeds, cultures etc.  Sad but true and proven over and over again. The latest example, which I find amusing, is the Canadian supreme court ruling in favour of Quebec on the hydro dispute with Newfoundland. The Newfie judge was the only dissenting vote. (he was probably the only honest one)

Huh?

The very first example is from the 1970s where he was sued by the federal government (Richard Nixon's federal government) for racial discrimination. 

More on that one:

Testers from the New York City Human Rights Division had found that prospective black renters at Trump buildings were told there were no apartments available, while prospective White renters were offered apartments at the same buildings.[28] During the investigation four of Trump's agents admitted to using a "C" or "9" code to show which applicants were Black and stated that they were told their company "discouraged rental to blacks" or that they were "not allowed to rent to black tenants," and that prospective Black renters should be sent to the central office while White renters could have their applications accepted on site. Three doormen testified to being told to discourage prospective Black renters by lying about the rental prices or claiming no vacancies were available.[29][30] A settlement was reached in 1975 where Trump agreed to familiarize himself with the Fair Housing Act, take out ads stating that Black renters were welcome, give a list of vacancies to the Urban League on a weekly basis, and allow the Urban League to present qualified candidates for 20% of vacancies in properties that were less than 10% non-White.[31][32]

The Trump Organization was sued again in 1978 for violating terms of the 1975 settlement by continuing to refuse to rent to black tenants; Trump and his lawyer Roy Cohn denied the charges.[33][34][35] In 1983 the Metropolitan Action Institute noted that two Trump Village properties were still over 95% White.[36]

Regarding the counting example:

In his 1991 book Trumped! John O'Donnell quoted Trump as saying:

I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that's guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.

In an interview in 1997, he admitted that the information in the book was "probably true". Two years later, when seeking the nomination of the Reform Party for president, he denied having made the statement.[2]

Don't forget about his proposal to ban muslim immigrants. 

More on
muslims:

At a rally in Birmingham, Alabama on November 21, 2015, Trump falsely claimed that he had seen television reports about "thousands and thousands" of Arabs in New Jersey celebrating as the World Trade Center collapsed during the 9/11 attacks. In an interview with George Stephanopoulos, Trump doubled-down on the assertion, insisting that "there were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations".[60][61][62][63]

On Ted Cruz:

Trump also suggested that evangelicals shouldn't trust Ted Cruz because Cruz is Cuban

A bunch of other stuff you can just pull off of
wikipedia:

Derogatory statements towards Haiti and Nigeria

In June 2017, Trump called together a staff meeting to complain about the number of immigrants who had entered the country since his inauguration. The New York Times reported that two officials at the meeting state that when Trump read off a sheet stating that 15,000 persons had visited from Haiti, he commented, "They all have AIDS," and when reading that 40,000 persons had visited from Nigeria, he said that after seeing America the Nigerians would never “go back to their huts." Both officials who heard Trump's statements relayed them to other staff members at the time, but the White House has denied that Trump used those words and some of the other officials present claim not to remember them being used.[92]

Trump launched his 2016 presidential campaign with a speech where he stated of Mexican immigrants: "They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people".[13][14] Later, his comments about a Mexican-American judge were criticized as racist. He tweeted fake statistics claiming that black Americans are responsible for the majority of murders of whites, and in some speeches he linked African-Americans and Hispanics with violent crime.[15] During his presidency, comments he made following a far-right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia were perceived as implying a moral equivalence between violence used by white supremacist marchers and violence used by those who protested against them. In 2018, during an Oval Office meeting about immigration reform, he referred to El Salvador, Haiti, and African countries as "$&!#holes"; this comment was internationally condemned as racist.[16][17][18]

He regularly retweeted known
neo-nazi's and white supremacists during his campaign. He regularly refers to Warren as Pocahontas, even after being condemned by Native Americans as a derogatory, racist remark. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can either admit that he's a racist or think he's a complete moron incapable of understanding that the things he's done and said are unacceptable. There are no other options. There's a bunch of real, recorded quotes of Trump. There's a settled lawsuit. There's repeated twitter and in person remarks. There's second hand information from people. There's a clear and very obvious trend here. This isn't a comprehensive list either, there's plenty more. 

Don't be purposefully obtuse.

• Thanks 1

Don't forget the Central Park 5.  TRUMP!! didn't apologize for his advertisement and comments on the 5 after it was learned that they were innocent.  

After watching 50 hours of videos and 240 hours of interviews with witnesses.

Who needs facts when social media court has found you guilty.

Hopefully the mouth breathers  that were calling for violence get sued and hit where it hurts them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/investigation-finds-no-evidence-of-racist-or-offensive-statements-by-covington-catholic-students-during-lincoln-memorial-incident/ar-BBTxIto?li=BBnbcA1

Edited by CBH1926
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

After watching 50 hours of videos and 240 hours of interviews with witnesses.

Who needs facts when social media court has found you guilty.

Hopefully the mouth breathers  that were calling for violence get sued and hit where it hurts them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/investigation-finds-no-evidence-of-racist-or-offensive-statements-by-covington-catholic-students-during-lincoln-memorial-incident/ar-BBTxIto?li=BBnbcA1

I guess mockingly whoopin and tomahawk chopping at a native guy doesn’t qualify.

Also, the report was commissioned by the diocese in charge of the school. Call me cynical but after everything that's come out about the Catholic church in the last decade alone, the investigation results may be a bit suspect.

Edited by HerrDrFunk
  • Upvote 3