DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

10 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

There has been lot of opposition to FSU, Braves and Chiefs fans using “tomahawk chop”

Since native Americans find it offensive, I will agree with them.

But when this started these kids were compared to Hitler youth and threatened with violence.

You really have to stretch and twist the truth to draw those types of comparisons.

There certainly were some people doing this....mostly social media trolls....but the majority of people believe the kids were being disrespectful and what really irks is this narrative we're seeing in the aftermath, of how these poor kids were done wrong by the "left leaning media", when anyone with eyes can see that they absolutely disrespected the Native elder and the fact that the black Hebrew guys (or whatever TF they are) were verbally abusing them, does not exonerate them for their actions.

• Hydration 1

19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

There certainly were some people doing this....mostly social media trolls....but the majority of people believe the kids were being disrespectful and what really irks is this narrative we're seeing in the aftermath, of how these poor kids were done wrong by the "left leaning media", when anyone with eyes can see that they absolutely disrespected the Native elder and the fact that the black Hebrew guys (or whatever TF they are) were verbally abusing them, does not exonerate them for their actions.

no, but they're also just dumb kids. We've all done something stupid as teens. Social media left and right will just use them as much as possible and chuck them on the heap with the next thing comes along. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

Yeah Trump is racist, but even if he isn't, he still has to be removed. The man is a terrible president.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no, but they're also just dumb kids. We've all done something stupid as teens. Social media left and right will just use them as much as possible and chuck them on the heap with the next thing comes along. 

Agreed. And this is all I've ever said. What bothers me is the painting of these dumb kids as if they're victims.

And WTF kind of school allows their students to attend public events wearing MAGA hats anyway?

Edited by RUPERTKBD

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Doing stupid things as teens is normal, being a racist asshat is not and chalking it up to teens will do stupid things is lazy and ignores a much more serious issue. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Your source is a blog? Lol, this will be easy.

Let's start with the picture and what that's all about:

Bill Fugazy, at the time Trump’s real estate broker, created a new organization, the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations, or NECO, and a new award, the Ellis Island Medal of HonorIt’s not clear precisely why Fugazy selected Trump to receive the medal in its inaugural year, save for their friendship and Trump’s success in business.

But Fugazy was working as a broker for Trump in 1986, helping him to purchase two new properties, a 1987 government ethics report revealed. Trump ultimately paid Fugazy more than $500,000 in fees.

Here's the picture in full:

NEW YORK - OCTOBER 27: (Left to Right) Joe DiMaggio, Victor Borge, Anita Bryant, Muhammad Ali, Rosa Parks, and Donald Trump pose for a photograph after receiving the Ellis Island Medal of Honor October 27, 1986 in New York City. (Photo by Yvonne Hemsey/Getty Images)

Wanna know who the lady in the middle is? anti-LGBT activitist Anita Bryant. Whoops.

So he won a reward from an organization started by his real estate broker in its first year of inauguration (and just after he had been taken to court yet again in the mid 1980s for trying to illegally evict tenants from one of his buildings - nice timing). 

On to your other point:

In 1975, the Trumps began policies of affirmative action renting, to reach 10% black occupancy. By 1977, they exceeded this requirement. Finally, the DOJ closed the case for “lack of evidence” or new complaints.

In 1974, the Trump organization had to sign a consent decree. Of course they began policies, they were forced to. 10% was part of the decree.

Here's an excerpt for you:

Other rental agents employed by the Trumps told the FBI that only 1 percent of tenants at the Trump-run Ocean Terrace Apartments were black, and that there were no black tenants at Lincoln Shore Apartments. Both were on Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn. However, minorities were steered to a different complex on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn, Patio Gardens, which was 40 percent black, the government said.

One black woman, for example, was turned away at a heavily white complex but told that she should “try to obtain an apartment at Patio Gardens,” where “a black judge had recently become a tenant,” according to government filings.

Hmmm, whoops. Easy to increase overall occupancy when you put all the minorities into the same buildings.

None of the 43 accusers blamed Donald Trump; there’s no evidence that he created or carried out discriminatory policies.

Lol, the employees have said they were instructed by upper management. What President of a real estate company is going to be the one interacting with potential tenants? What President will send out written information laying out racist policies? The Trump organization partook in racist policies, Fred and Donald fought the Federal government regarding a lawsuit stemming from these policies, until they signed an order to follow rules laid out by the government...which they later found to have broken again. The original consent decree expired before the Justice department collected enough evidence to pursue another case. 

The government ascertained quickly that the Trumps had failed to adhere to the terms of the decree and had apparently little intention of ever complying. A revolving-door roster of exasperated prosecutors, stymied by Cohn’s shameless, time-buying tactics, found it practically impossible to enforce the specifics of their “win.” And Trump simply waited them out.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/23/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-justice-department-war-219592 (not a blog)

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

9 minutes ago, inane said:

Doing stupid things as teens is normal, being a racist asshat is not and chalking it up to teens will do stupid things is lazy and ignores a much more serious issue. 

lazy? no just realistic. What do you suggest actually be done about it? they have the right to wear whatever they want, and go protest where they want to. And yes, they are clearly dumb kids. Hopefully this will be some kind of learning moment for them but it also may not be.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree those kid's actions were disrespectful, and they should be embarrassed. I do find some of the extreme responses on social media disturbing though.

As far as the demonizing of the "left leaning media," that's to be expected. The far right will jump on anything to try to make the left look bad right now.

The majority of Americans want more left leaning policies, (like Medicare for all) they know it, so they're now grasping at straws.

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. And this is all I've ever said. What bothers me is the painting of these dumb kids as if they're victims.

And WTF kind of school allows their students to attend public events wearing MAGA hats anyway?

American ones. 

This all about the social media moment. If that kid didn't have that smirky look on his face this story wouldn't have blown up the way it did. Its all surface level BS imo, no ones learned anything. 

11 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

There has been lot of opposition to FSU, Braves and Chiefs fans using “tomahawk chop”

Since native Americans find it offensive, I will agree with them.

But when this started these kids were compared to Hitler youth and threatened with violence.

You really have to stretch and twist the truth to draw those types of comparisons.

Oh, they're not the Hitler Youth but they were a group of little $&!#heads; some of whom felt so secure in their own $&!#headedness that they crossed the line into racism. Hopefully some of them look back on that moment and strive to be better when they're older. 

• Upvote 1

So Drumpf says he is going to declare an emergency, to build his wall.

But Drumpf has said a lot of things he hasn't delivered on.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-says-hes-declaring-emergency-to-build-border-wall/ar-BBTC0S1?ocid=spartandhp

ASHINGTON - President Donald Trump announced Friday that he will declare a national emergency to fulfil his pledge to construct a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Trump said he will use executive powers to bypass Congress, which approved far less money for his proposed wall than he had sought. He plans to siphon billions of dollars from federal military construction and counterdrug efforts for the wall. The move is already drawing bipartisan criticism on Capitol Hill and expected to face rounds of legal challenges.

Advertisement

"I am going to be signing a national emergency," Trump said from the Rose Garden, as he claimed illegal immigration marked "an invasion of our country."

In a rare show of bipartisanship, lawmakers voted Thursday to fund large swaths of the government and avoid a repeat of this winter's debilitating five-week government shutdown. The money in the bill for border barriers, about $1.4 billion, is far below the $5.7 billion Trump insisted he needed and would finance just a quarter of the 200-plus miles (322 kilometres) he wanted this year.

To bridge the gap, Trump announced that he will be spending roughly $8 billion on border barriers — combining the money approved by Congress with funding he plans to repurpose through executive actions, including the national emergency. The money is expected to come from funds targeted for military construction and counterdrug efforts, but aides could not immediately specify which military projects would be affected.

Despite widespread opposition in Congress to proclaiming an emergency, including by some Republicans, Trump was responding to pressure to act unilaterally to soothe his conservative base and avoid appearing like he's lost his wall battle.

Word that Trump would declare the emergency prompted condemnations from Democrats and threats of lawsuits from states and others who might lose federal money or said Trump was abusing his authority.

In an unusual joint statement, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said such a declaration would be "a lawless act, a gross abuse of the power of the presidency and a desperate attempt to distract" from Trump's failure to force Mexico to pay for the wall, as he's promised for years.

"Congress will defend our constitutional authorities," they said. They declined to say whether that meant lawsuits or votes on resolutions to prevent Trump from unilaterally shifting money to wall-building, with aides saying they'd wait to see what he does.

Democratic state attorneys general said they'd consider legal action to block Trump. Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello told the president on Twitter "we'll see you in court" if he makes the declaration.

Even if his emergency declaration withstands challenge, Trump is still billions of dollars short of his overall funding needed to build the wall as he promised in 2016. After two years of effort, Trump has not added any new border mileage; all of the construction so far has gone to replacing and repairing existing structures. Ground is expected to be broken in South Texas soon on the first new mileage.

The White House said Trump wouldn't try to redirect federal disaster aid to the wall, a proposal they had considered but rejected over fears of a political blowback.

12 hours ago, Duodenum said:

There's the fail response expected once debunked. Bunker down and hide lol

The only question is when you will realize you've been duped. I grew up with Trump. He's been on the tube all his life. He's a Superlib. He spent his whole life sucking up to minorities. He wanted Oprah to be his vice president for crying out loud. All these black people hugging and kissing him knew all about his past and they embraced him. Would they do that to a racist? You need to clue them in. What  we have here is a manufactured retro active racist. Something that can only happen to a conservative. If there was a problem with some rentals units,  he fixed it.

21TRUMPRACEweb1-facebookJumbo.jpg

Edited by Bernards
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, they're not the Hitler Youth but they were a group of little $&!#heads; some of whom felt so secure in their own $&!#headedness that they crossed the line into racism. Hopefully some of them look back on that moment and strive to be better when they're older. 

I think thats about the best outcome you could get from this. If that kid didn't have the most smack-able face on the planet, if he was just some average looking guy, I guarantee you this story goes unnoticed. Social media seeks the superficial. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Does a racist need to be racist towards all other races?  I thought Trump didn’t care for Mexicans?  

I bet he loves law abiding Mexicans. Who wouldn't. That doesn't include criminals sneaking across the border.

8 minutes ago, Bernards said:

The only question is when you will realize you've been duped. I grew up with Trump. He's been on the tube all his life. He's a Superlib. He spent his whole life sucking up to minorities. He wanted Oprah to be his vice president for crying out loud. All these black people hugging and kissing him knew all about his past and they embraced him. Would they do that to a racist? I guess you'll be the judge. What  we have here is a manufactured retro active racist. Something that can only happen to a conservative. If there was a problem with some rentals units,  he fixed it.

21TRUMPRACEweb1-facebookJumbo.jpg

Not sure how a picture of him with a racist and a rip off artist really helps your argument  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

So Drumpf says he is going to declare an emergency, to build his wall.

But Drumpf has said a lot of things he hasn't delivered on.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-says-hes-declaring-emergency-to-build-border-wall/ar-BBTC0S1?ocid=spartandhp

The only emergency in the US is they have an idiot as a president.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Huh, admitting your emergency isn't an emergency:

thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-lets-see-if-it-pays-35460919.png.2c29f14b7d544e8a322e95c05a3adc71.png

Because Trump doesn’t care about building a wall. Trump cares about keeping his base happy and declaring a national emergency is his way out of the Wall mess. 

Either it’s struck down in the courts  (it almost certainly will be) and then he can say “See? I did everything I could to keep my promise and you would have your big beautiful wall if not for those judges”. 

Or somehow it clears all courts (it won’t) and then he gets to score a massive win to his base. Never mind the fact that a future Democrat president would use this same power against climate change and to make changes to gun control, Trump doesn’t care about anything after he leaves office. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Not sure how a picture of him with a racist and a rip off artist really helps your argument  :lol: 

Here's one for you. :lol:

donald_trump_2008_05_15.jpg

Edited by Bernards

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think thats about the best outcome you could get from this. If that kid didn't have the most smack-able face on the planet, if he was just some average looking guy, I guarantee you this story goes unnoticed. Social media seeks the superficial. 

Yeah, I gotta disagree there, Jimmy. From what I saw, it wasn't so much the kid's face per se, it was the ear to ear smirk that, IMHO, was begging for the application of some knuckles.

As I saw it, if the kid had stood there and made no facial expression whatsoever, the story goes unnoticed.

• Upvote 1