DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess in the interest of professional brevity maybe? I think we need to consider the intended audience of the letter, BM wasn't writing the letter to a general public audience, it was directed solely at Barr. Barr knows what he left out so it would be redundant I suppose. 

I think Mueller knows (knew) that letter would be made public.  Maybe I’m just not very trusting of political types intentions?  So many of these people talk is ways that can be interpreted in different ways, so they can always say, when confronted with their intentions, that they didn’t mean what they said to be interpreted that way.  

Why didn't Mueller just say stuff specific to Trump?  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Mueller knows (knew) that letter would be made public.  Maybe I’m just not very trusting of political types intentions?  So many of these people talk is ways that can be interpreted in different ways, so they can always say, when confronted with their intentions, that they didn’t mean what they said to be interpreted that way.  

Why didn't Mueller just say stuff specific to Trump?  

because the letter was about how Barr edited what Mueller wrote. 

I think if Mueller was a media whore with devious intentions he wouldn't have run such a tight lipped operation during the investigation. Not one leak. Thats pretty impressive. I don't think he's a political animal. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Three cheers to Senator Maizie Hirono for calling a spade a spade just now.
Barr's going to need to change his drawers now that she's done with him.
And to Lindsey Graham.....it's not slander if it's true... just a heads up for you.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Three cheers to Senator Maizie Hirono for calling a spade a spade just now.
Barr's going to need to change his drawers now that she's done with him.
And to Lindsey Graham.....it's not slander if it's true... just a heads up for you.

Agree 100%. The quote(s) in question:

"Mr. Barr, now the American people know that you are no different from Rudy Giuliani or Kellyanne Conway or any of the other people who sacrificed their once decent reputation for the grifter and liar who sits in the Oval Office," Hirono said, referring to two of President Donald Trump's top media surrogates.

"You lied to Congress," Hirono said.

"But now we know more about your deep involvement and trying to cover up for Donald Trump," Hirono said. "Being attorney general of the United States is a sacred trust. You have betrayed that trust. America deserves better. You should resign."

• Upvote 1

Wonder why he won't?  Could it be that the House committee isn't controlled by GOP hacks?  Could it be that today's hearing didn't go so well?  I wonder.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/01/ag-william-barr-wont-attend-house-judiciary-hearing-scheduled-for-thursday-committee-aide-says.html?__source=twitter|main

AG William Barr won’t attend House Judiciary hearing scheduled for Thursday

• U.S. Attorney General William Barr will not testify before the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday.
  • The hearing is set to proceed as scheduled, starting at 9 a.m. EST.
  • House Committee Chairman Nadler does not plan to issue a subpoena on Thursday
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Wonder why he won't?  Could it be that the House committee isn't controlled by GOP hacks?  Could it be that today's hearing didn't go so well?  I wonder.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/01/ag-william-barr-wont-attend-house-judiciary-hearing-scheduled-for-thursday-committee-aide-says.html?__source=twitter|main

• U.S. Attorney General William Barr will not testify before the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday.

Gotta love the Dems' sense of humor on this one.....

....they put a prop chicken in Barr's chair. One guy even looked under the desk to see if Barr was hiding....:lol:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.5b673b19372ec903bd588e34e6718f5b.png

image.png.d71765b0bc557f87e5523dbdec5a01f7.png

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

As I understand it, they could recommend charges, but the executive branch - aka the president - would have to enact them.

The Rule of Law in the US is being openly pissed on for wealth and power and there are those in these forums cheering them on.

Why? Are you that racist?

Posted (edited)

so what are they going to do about barr?

cite him for contempt.. take the matter to court ?
so what ?  court orders him to do something, .. he refuses

trump pardons him if any sanction is applied to him

then what?

the dems have no real plan

and should wear the chicken themselves

the only clear path for them is impeachment

they have no real power otherwise

but they are soooo reluctant

and appear so weak and indecisive

meanwhile trump's team just steamrolls along

flattening all dems efforts and daring them to do more

why should the dems lead the country in future?

they are showing little leadership and dynamism

they are stuck in doing what has always been done before

they show little ability to be flexible and creative

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1

A bit of good news on the political front:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/politics/stephen-moore-fed-board-out/index.html

Economic commentator Stephen Moore has withdrawn his name from consideration to sit on the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, President Donald Trump tweeted on Thursday.

"Steve Moore, a great pro-growth economist and a truly fine person, has decided to withdraw from the Fed process. Steve won the battle of ideas including Tax Cuts and deregulation which have produced non-inflationary prosperity for all Americans. I've asked Steve to work with me toward future economic growth in our Country," Trump wrote.

Moore joins Herman Cain as the second Trump nominee to drop out of running and this is good news for everyone, because both were woefully unqualified. (Except in the sense that saying nice things about Trump qualifies one for any job, as far as president Pinocchio is concerned)

Most likely, this is only a temporary respite, as I've no doubt that the Dotard will soon nominate another unqualified, partisan hack, but Moore being the slimy scumbag that he is, I'll enjoy this one for now.
  • Upvote 1

Barr is looking terrible.

I swear to Guad he is wearing a skin suit like that roach alien in MIB.

Anyway you tell'em Pelosi !  '"That s a crime, you lying sack of crap!" <<< direct-ish quote as I interpreted by myself barely paying attention.

• Haha 1

So much for the separation of church and state:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/politics/trump-administration-final-rule-conscience-objections/index.html

The Trump administration announced a new rule on religious conscience protections for the medical field on Thursday, aimed at protecting religious and moral objectors from participating in or paying for services such as abortion, sterilization and assisted suicide.

The proposal was first unveiled in January 2018.

"Just today we finalized new protections of conscience rights for physicians, pharmacists, nurses, teachers, students and faith-based charities. They've been wanting to do that a long time," Trump said during a National Day of Prayer service at the White House Rose Garden on Thursday.

Some civil rights groups, however, have objected to the new Trump administration's final rule, saying it will negatively affect women's health and that of transgender patients.

The Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights said in a statement on Thursday that this final rule replaces one from 2011 that it deemed "inadequate."

According to the office, the rule will protect individuals and health care entities from unwanted involvement with services such as abortion, sterilization or assisted suicide. The rule, according to the office, reestablishes existing protections created by Congress.

If I'm the head of a medical institution, I have a new question for any job applicants: "Do you have any objection to the performance of the following legal medical procedures?"

“ Dems: Release the report, Mr. Barr!

Barr: It's sitting right in front of you.

Dems: THIS IS A COVER UP ”

...I thoroughly enjoy the left’s antics :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

This is oldish and I'm not a twitter follower, nor do I know this guy.

It's just that, the other day my wife said 'Trumps nose looks like a drinker', I told her I thought he doesn't consume alcohol. She said' there's something wrong with it and he also sniffs a lot"

So, I did my diligent 2 mins search and found this fella's tale. 

18 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

You’re deranged. 

26 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

whats funny is Trump tried to break the law, but he was lucky enough to have people prevent him from doing it. 

Trump survives because lackeys like Barr step up and help him despite himself. Barr's testimony was shameful, but also par for the course in US politics these days. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

You’re deranged. 

You’re just like Hillary. Thinking you live “rent free inside of people’s brains” as she thinks she does with Trump. When instead, she was the worst nominee in modern presidential history and as a consequence let’s Trump live rent free inside the WH. 

But keep telling yourself others are wrong...

1 hour ago, Generational.EP40 said:

You’re just like Hillary. Thinking you live “rent free inside of people’s brains” as she thinks she does with Trump. When instead, she was the worst nominee in modern presidential history and as a consequence let’s Trump live rent free inside the WH. 

More ramblings from the incoherent. 

9 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So much for the separation of church and state:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/politics/trump-administration-final-rule-conscience-objections/index.html

If I'm the head of a medical institution, I have a new question for any job applicants: "Do you have any objection to the performance of the following legal medical procedures?"

I wish I was allowed to ask 'do you actively participate in any organized religion?' during job interviews.  Well at least I did when I hired people..... I don't miss that much in my new role where I have a solid team of long term guys.  

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Image result for yeah ok gif

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1