DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

34 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You honestly don't see a pattern? Trump fracks something up, then pats himself on the back for fixing it later on?

For instance: The separation of families at the Southern border. Remember when he made a big show about signing an EO "ending" that shameful policy? (I put "ending" in quotes, because we all know it didn't "end" at all) This is a prime example of Trump "fixing" something that he screwed up in the first place.

Trump is the living embodiment of wrapping a fuse with tinfoil.....

Also the whole episode of Trump egging on North Korea in advance of his "historic" peace talks.  And Trump having the benevolence to end the federal workers shutdown.  It's like a quarterly thing for him.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You honestly don't see a pattern? Trump fracks something up, then pats himself on the back for fixing it later on?

For instance: The separation of families at the Southern border. Remember when he made a big show about signing an EO "ending" that shameful policy? (I put "ending" in quotes, because we all know it didn't "end" at all) This is a prime example of Trump "fixing" something that he screwed up in the first place.

Trump is the living embodiment of wrapping a fuse with tinfoil.....

Honestly I don't follow enough actually did think that stuff ended guess they just blocked the media from covering it. Really I thought you meant a crisis militarily.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Also the whole episode of Trump egging on North Korea in advance of his "historic" peace talks.  And Trump having the benevolence to end the federal workers shutdown.  It's like a quarterly thing for him.

Actually the first part is pretty silly. NK has been threatening the US for decades and then made a direct threat to Guam. They're lucky they didn't get struck. 

Posted (edited)

This administration has to go.

Edited by Canorth

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Did Obama get consent while bombing a sovereign nation? Did u cry then?

Newsflash from Captain Obvious:

OBAMA is not POTUS.

The sins of Obama does not excuse TRUMP!! from making terrible decisions.

If you want a discussion on the pros and cons of the previous president, then fly at er.  This thread was started basically at the start of the 2016 presidential primaries and has carried on since then.  It's been mainly about current US politics.  So if you want your retort to stand, please find a post of mine where I praised Obama as the greatest POTUS of all time.  Find a post where I praised Obama as an angel.  I'll save you the effort.  You won't find one.  So you can take your but but Obama retort and shove it up your posterior because this retort makes it sound like you are OK with TRUMP!! attacking Iran because Obama did it too.  Or am I reading into this a little much?

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

OBAMA is not POTUS.

The sins of Obama does not excuse TRUMP!! from making terrible decisions.

If you want a discussion on the pros and cons of the previous president, then fly at er.  This thread was started basically at the start of the 2016 presidential primaries and has carried on since then.  It's been mainly about current US politics.  So if you want your retort to stand, please find a post of mine where I praised Obama as the greatest POTUS of all time.  Find a post where I praised Obama as an angel.  I'll save you the effort.  You won't find one.  So you can take your but but Obama retort and shove it up your posterior because this retort makes it sound like you are OK with TRUMP!! attacking Iran because Obama did it too.  Or am I reading into this a little much?

I think it's clear I oppose war and think it should be the last resort but he is like the most peaceful potus in a long while. The only point I'm making is what gets tossed at him in most cases never gets tossed at previous presidents or is the same but gets way overblown when it's Trump doing it.

Edited by Ryan Strome

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think it's clear I oppose war and think it should be the last resort but he is like the most peaceful potus in a long while. The only point I'm making is what gets tossed at him in most cases never gets tossed at previous presidents or is the same but gets way overblown when it's Trump doing it.

He has ramped up drone bombing from Obama and covert ops actually.  The Iran restraint and attempts to hasten the withdrawal from the middle east (that were already happening) are good moves but they're still killing a $&!# ton of people. Especially in Africa. Most of what the US does (outside of Iraq/Afghanistan) is now special forces covert ops.  

Optically it might look like that but it is not the case. Every US president pretty much has massive blood on their hands. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2019 at 9:09 AM, Ryan Strome said:

Honestly I don't follow enough actually did think that stuff ended guess they just blocked the media from covering it. Really I thought you meant a crisis militarily.

I realize that this is an opinion piece and that it's posted on CNN, but I think it might be an eye opener for many people:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/24/opinions/children-migrant-centers-at-border-long-austin-hillery/index.html

A 14-year old told us she was taking care of a 4-year old who had been placed in her cell with no relatives. "I take her to the bathroom, give her my extra food if she is hungry, and tell people to leave her alone if they are bothering her," she said.

She was just one of the children we talked with last week as part of a team of lawyers and doctors monitoring conditions for children in US border facilities. We have been speaking out urgently, since then, about the devastating and abusive circumstances we've found. The Trump administration claims it needs even more detention facilities to address the issue, but policy makers and the public should not be fooled into believing this is the answer.
The situation we found is unacceptable. US Border Patrol is holding many children, including some who are much too young to take care of themselves, in jail-like border facilities for weeks at a time without contact with family members, regular access to showers, clean clothes, toothbrushes, or proper beds. Many are sick. Many, including children as young as 2 or 3, have been separated from adult caretakers without any provisions for their care besides the unrelated older children also being held in detention.

More in the link....

Surprised nobody has brought up the Republicans walking out of Oregon legislature to block a vote regarding climate change.

Now that's not the important part, walkouts have been done before. It's what happened next that will disgust you.

Also late Friday, Courtney and House Speaker Tina Kotek, both Democrats, condemned comments made by Sen. Brian Boquist, a Republican from Dallas, Oregon, that urged the state police to “send bachelors and come heavily armed” when they come to bring him back to the Capitol.

“His comments have created fear among employees in our workplace,” the leaders said in a joint statement. “We will always defend free speech and welcome frank policy discussions, but threats like these are unacceptable.”

Unsurprising, the inflammatory threat empowered right wing terrorist groups to cause legislature to close due to safety concerns. They also promised to defend the republican walkouts.

Embarassing, reckless, and dangerous. How are the apologists going to spin this?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I realize that this is an opinion piece and that it's posted on CNN, but I think it might be an eye opener for many people:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/24/opinions/children-migrant-centers-at-border-long-austin-hillery/index.html

More in the link....

Lawbreakers are always separated from their families. Shocking.

Meanwhile the Democrats refuse to provide money to improve conditions in the camps because they're afraid some funds may be used inhibit open borders. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/24/us/politics/migrants-emergency-aid-border.html

On 6/23/2019 at 5:09 PM, Ryan Strome said:

Actually it scares the beejeebus out of me in that he's probably THE most sane man in the room (he's getting a TON of pressure from warhawks itching to pick a fight with Iran).

33 minutes ago, Caphit said:

Meanwhile the Democrats refuse to provide money to improve conditions in the camps because they're afraid some funds may be used inhibit open borders. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/24/us/politics/migrants-emergency-aid-border.html

Did you even read the link you posted.

But with a House vote on the package planned for Tuesday, some Democrats are revolting over the measure, fearing that the aid will be used to carry out Mr. Trump’s aggressive tactics, including deportation raids that he has promised will begin within two weeks. Republicans are siding with the White House, which on Monday threatened a veto. They oppose restrictions in the measure that are meant to dictate better standards for facilities that hold migrant children and to bar the money from being used for enforcing immigration law.

Democrats are right to not trust TRUMP and co. since they threaten to veto the measure if there are any restrictions on how the money should be used.  You know, what sane people would do.

I find it hilarious that you single out Democrats here.  It is like placing blame on someone else for not buying a fire extinguisher after you start a fire and pour gasoline on it.  Blame for this issue falls squarely on the TRUMP!! administration and their incompetence.  

Now as for the lawbreaking:

People seeking asylum have to actually enter the country through a port of entry, so these individuals are not actually breaking the law. 

You must be referring to the illegals who don't enter through ports of entry.  So ya, lawbreakers.  Doesn't excuse the fact that children are not receiving proper care.  That children are being separated from their families for months on end.  That children have died.  All over a crime on first offense that is punishable with a FINE or UP TO SIX MONTHS imprisonment, or BOTH. 

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/crime-enter-illegally.html

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.

For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

Oh no.  Hide the women and children, lock the doors, bar the windows, the scary horde of illegals is comin'.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernie says he'll cancel ALL student loans. Biden says he'll CURE cancer. Lizzie Warren says she'll pay reparations to gay couples. It's like kids running for class president!

8 hours ago, Caphit said:

Meanwhile the Trump administration refuses to hire more immigration judges, because they're afraid of brown people....

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/393031-trump-rejects-calls-for-additional-immigration-judges-we-have-to-have

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It's funny because AIDS is actually 100% manageable at this point. It isn't curable as far as I know but people with aids can take 1 pill/day and go into remission/not be at risk for transmitting. All covered by the Canadian Health Care system :)

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

1 hour ago, nux4lyfe said:

Bernie says he'll cancel ALL student loans. Biden says he'll CURE cancer. Lizzie Warren says she'll pay reparations to gay couples. It's like kids running for class president!

Speaking of childish......Trump has promised to build a "Space Force"....:rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.1ecc2bbb898a21047ba8454077e46a21.png

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Speaking of childish......Trump has promised to build a "Space Force"....:rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.1ecc2bbb898a21047ba8454077e46a21.png

don't you know he already kept this promise? he changed the name of the group in the air force that handles space activity to space force. "Built" done Trump style. For him its all about the name on the building. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

9 hours ago, Caphit said:

Speaking of "shocking" the Trump administration seems to have found a way to shock the judges of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/heres-why-the-trump-administration-says-its-not-required-to-give-migrant-children-soap/ar-AADmZNg?li=AAggNb9

As a Trump administration lawyer made her argument in favor of reversing a ruling that found the government had violated standards for detaining migrant children set forth by a 1990s court settlement, the judges on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals were visibly stunned. 

"You're really going stand up and tell us that being able to sleep isn't a question of safe and sanitary conditions?" Judge Marsha Berzon asked Sarah Fabian, the career Justice Department attorney representing the administration. 

"I find that inconceivable that the government would say that that is safe and sanitary," Judge William Fletcher weighed in.

"It's within everybody's common understanding: If you don't have a toothbrush, if you don't have soap, if you don't have a blanket, it's not safe and sanitary. Wouldn't everybody agree to that? Do you agree to that?" Judge Wallace Tashima asked when it was his turn to press Fabian.

The government's oral arguments before the three-judge appellate panel in California last week caused an outcry among immigrant advocates and Democrats as segments surfaced online. They accused Fabian and the administration of making callous arguments and of suggesting it was not essential for the government to ensure migrant children in U.S. custody could sleep well and had access to basic hygienic products like soap and toothbrushes. 

Only a truly indoctrinated Trump nut-hugger could find a way to blame this mess on someone besides president Dotard....

• Thanks 1