DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

6 hours ago, sam13371337 said:

his reputation was severely tarnished. 

his family faced abuse, and there are a significant percentage of ill informed people who still call him a rapist. 

him going to jail was never a question. attacks on his personal character and integrity were the issues here

Could say the same for Ford.  It's not as if she woke up one day and said to herself "I'm going to ruin this man's life", made up a story, tarnished him forever, then went back to her normal life.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the problem is that too few people know what he actually did say. I doubt that very many actually read the full report, so most people are only getting what the media tells them. If it's CNN, the focus is all on Obstruction and if it's Faux, they stick to the "No collusion!" angle.

The facts are, Trump didn't directly co-ordinate with Russian agents and Mueller felt he didn't have enough on FF Jr and Jared to indict over the Trump Tower meeting. MSM has touched on that stuff in a basic way, but they certainly haven't given it as much play as the obstruction angle.

What Faux isn't talking about is the clear instances of obstruction of justice that are spelled out in the report and the fact that Mueller didn't consider charges because of the standing directive that a sitting President cannot be indicted. This was spelled out at the Justin Amash Town Hall, where they interviewed a Trump supporter who was surprised to learn that there was anything negative about Trump in the Mueller report. She had bought into the "totally exonerated" routine, since that was all they ever said on conservative news programs.

There's good and bad for Trump in the Mueller report and we can expect the Republicans on the committee to focus on the "good", while the Democrats take aim at the "bad". The whole idea is to give the average Joe the full picture, instead of the filtered one they've received from Barr and their respective media outlets. The fact that it is the Democrats pushing for this testimony suggests that they feel the "bad" will be far more damaging to Trump than the "good" will help him. I happen to agree with that.

Give the people the full story.

Totally agree with everything except the last line.  To Mueller, the full story is already in the report.  If we're expecting him to read between the lines of what's in the report or tell Democrats that they should proceed with obstruction of justice charges I think we'll be disappointed.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/new-white-house-press-secretary-yanked-arizona-reporters-access-after-critical-coverage/ar-AADsvSv?ocid=ientp

Once again, Trump's administration is proving to be allergic to criticism.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/house-panel-votes-to-subpoena-kellyanne-conway/ar-AADsM8O?ocid=ientp

His "counselor", the vile Kellyanne Conway is being subpoenaed due to violations of the Hatch Act. Well done, Justin Amash.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-without-offering-evidence-accuses-mueller-of-illegal-activity/ar-AADsz2n?ocid=ientp

Finally, the stool sample-in-chief is once again showing his inferior intellect and short fuse in tiredly accusing Robert Mueller of illegal activity without any proof.

Just another day in this administration's continued defiling of their country.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Totally agree with everything except the last line.  To Mueller, the full story is already in the report.  If we're expecting him to read between the lines of what's in the report or tell Democrats that they should proceed with obstruction of justice charges I think we'll be disappointed.

I'm not expecting any recommendations from Mueller. Still, I think that questions from the committee could serve to put information into the public spectrum that Trump and his allies have gone to lengths to conceal.

It appears that president Pinocchio is already starting to sweat Muller's testimony and is getting out front of the situation by doing what he does best: Lie.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-without-offering-evidence-accuses-mueller-of-illegal-activity/ar-AADsz2n?li=AAggFp5

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

This morning, Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade claimed special counsel Robert Mueller likely has no idea what's in the Mueller Report.  

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-friends-brian-kilmeade-robert-mueller-report-1445991

:lol:

And people will fervently believe this....bizarro world.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Here's a story about a couple of the "criminals" that @Caphit was referring to yesterday:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/26/politics/mexico-father-daughter-dead-rio-grande-wednesday/index.html

***Warning*** the link contains a very disturbing image.

Tragic but the president did warn them:

• Upvote 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't know why you would bring that up as apples/oranges.   I think the key is this has been an issue for a long time and tragic as it is, no one has solved it.   Perhaps just opening the borders and to hell with legal process is the way to go.   That should work really well.   

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I don't know why you would bring that up as apples/oranges.   I think the key is this has been an issue for a long time and tragic as it is, no one has solved it.   Perhaps just opening the borders and to hell with legal process is the way to go.   That should work really well.   

Nobody is advocating "open borders".

If you had read the article you'd have seen that the family tried to present themselves at a port of entry and seek asylum, but there were 2000 people waiting in overcrowded conditions. According to the Mexican newspaper La Jornada, "US agents granted an average of three appointments per week".

What I am (and always have been) advocating is the hiring of more Immigration judges, so people like these aren't left with the desperate decision that this father had to make.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I kind of understand that "straw man" concept now.  Using Obama's record on a policy to deflect from what Trump is doing is of that ilk.  However, my point is, and I think has always been, these US presidents are the same.  They are all war mongers, who seem to do what's best for the war machine, rather than what's right.  

Yes, that's a straw man, because it deflects from the focus on Trump.  I was hopeful Hillary would win, because (being a woman) i thought there might be a change.  Then, when Trump was stating he was "draining the swamp", I was again hopeful to see change.  I don't think the US will ever change.  No matter who is there President, that country will glorify war, violence, and anything that supports the war machine.  The next President, whomever, will make similar statements to Trump and Obama about illegals coming into their country.  There will be the same problems, where children, the elderly, and the most vulnerable will be the ones who suffer.  The US will not change, it seems, no matter who their President is.  

Will Bernie Sanders be any different?  

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nobody is advocating "open borders".

If you had read the article you'd have seen that the family tried to present themselves at a port of entry and seek asylum, but there were 2000 people waiting in overcrowded conditions. According to the Mexican newspaper La Jornada, "US agents granted an average of three appointments per week".

What I am (and always have been) advocating is the hiring of more Immigration judges, so people like these aren't left with the desperate decision that this father had to make.

Per Obama - DON'T BRING YOUR CHILDREN TO THE BORDER.   That was then, conditions are even worse now.   There are more appointments and personnel in 2019 than there were in 2014.    This is a horrible situation - but politicizing it is just as ugly.    The only solutions (you have a good one, and I agree with it) that the left in the US seem to have involve implied open boarders.   Even their last President knew better.

1 hour ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

This morning, Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade claimed special counsel Robert Mueller likely has no idea what's in the Mueller Report.  

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-friends-brian-kilmeade-robert-mueller-report-1445991

:lol:

I'm laughing, too, because the alternative is crying at the abject, wilful and deliberate ignorance and stupidity of the people who would actually believe this bull$&!#. And sadly, there are a great many who will.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I kind of understand that "straw man" concept now.  Using Obama's record on a policy to deflect from what Trump is doing is of that ilk.  However, my point is, and I think has always been, these US presidents are the same.  They are all war mongers, who seem to do what's best for the war machine, rather than what's right.  

Yes, that's a straw man, because it deflects from the focus on Trump.  I was hopeful Hillary would win, because (being a woman) i thought there might be a change.  Then, when Trump was stating he was "draining the swamp", I was again hopeful to see change.  I don't think the US will ever change.  No matter who is there President, that country will glorify war, violence, and anything that supports the war machine.  The next President, whomever, will make similar statements to Trump and Obama about illegals coming into their country.  There will be the same problems, where children, the elderly, and the most vulnerable will be the ones who suffer.  The US will not change, it seems, no matter who their President is.  

Will Bernie Sanders be any different?  

I disagree. When Trump used a blanket statement to refer to Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, he was serious. He's been a racist his entire life and for some reason, his supporters that don't happen to be racists themselves, look the other way, when he does or says racist things.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

I'm laughing, too, because the alternative is crying at the abject, wilful and deliberate ignorance and stupidity of the people who would actually believe this bull$&!#. And sadly, there are a great many who will.

Which is another problem with the US voters.  Too many of them are more interested in Snooki's newest shoes, than they are in understanding propaganda.  

16 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, in something resembling adultland:

i'm not convinced that will be fulsome testimony

we were led to believe hope hicks was willing to testify

and then objections were raised from the white house

which limited her testimony

we'll only know on july 17 what mueller is prepared to testify to or about

and what he will feel he is not able to for some reason we may still need to learn about

11 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You probably could have just gone ahead and used Obamas/Oranges.

Both sides want border security from what I see.

Trump has drawn his line in the sand, The Wall,  and is willing to let this crisis continue.

God those are some tough pictures to look at. The little girl with her arm around her dad. 

You're right, this shouldn't politicized. So, I don't know why Obama gets brought up? He's gone,  he was just as bad?...was he? does it matter?...the other guy is in charge now. He could do better. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I disagree. When Trump used a blanket statement to refer to Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, he was serious. He's been a racist his entire life and for some reason, his supporters that don't happen to be racists themselves, look the other way, when he does or says racist things.

And I think, not sure; can't find, Trump said that Africa was a "sh*t hole".

Trump may or may not be a racist.  I don't know him.  Clearly he says (Tweets) ignorant things.  That's factual. 

Regardless US Presidents for the last 100 years are only puppets of their war machine.