DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

His base isn't enough against that type of clout. He got in by the middle folk and independents in key states. He is looking like he's lost serious ground in multiple key states, If the Koch brothers are going against him we haven't even begun to see the effects of what that type of money and influence will do. They backed and brought the Tea Party into relevance. 

I suppose we will see, but the Koch bros represent a part of the elite establishment that voters are so tired of listening to and hearing from. They are also very good at masking their influence  though and have a plethora of experience lobbying

A large portion of Trumps chance at re-election will be determined by whom his opponent is as that will impact independent voters choices greatly imo

9 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I suppose we will see, but the Koch bros represent a part of the elite establishment that voters are so tired of listening to and hearing from. They are also very good at masking their influence  though and have a plethora of experience lobbying

A large portion of Trumps chance at re-election will be determined by whom his opponent is as that will impact independent voters choices greatly imo

The average voter has no idea where/who the money comes from. The Koch's will funnel it through PACs and such.  And of course it matter who the opponent is.....

Are we speaking about Trumps base being smart?

I'd like to weigh in

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Are we speaking about Trumps base being smart?

I'd like to weigh in

ouch.

I know it's just one woman, but that is some sad stuff right there. 

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

ouch.

I know it's just one woman, but that is some sad stuff right there. 

It isn't just one woman.  There's an entire base that will deny he said or did something even when shown literal video evidence.

You cannot reason with idiots or extremists.  Trump supporters are leaning towards being both

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I think this deserves a little recognition eh? .

History has been made! Well done Mr President. Make peace, Not war.

'At first the meeting seemed well choreographed'

:lol: Gotta love liberal media...I like the comment section though.

Edited by nux4lyfe
  • Upvote 1

Will be very interesting to watch.  Since all economists and financial experts predicted this would happen within 18-26 months after Trump took office, or within a year after his policies started taking effect.  The upcoming recession should be interesting to watch in America.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/30/737476633/what-just-happened-also-occurred-before-the-last-7-u-s-recessions-reason-to-worr?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190630&fbclid=IwAR0pB9PipDpM_85nNsbjzFzdBj83sDzXzsTfXmUQwp8mYUF1tATKpyk8s3Y

Signs are pointing to a coming U.S. recession, according to an economic indicator that has preceded every recession over the past five decades.

It is known among economists and Wall Street traders as a "yield curve inversion," and it refers to when long-term interest rates are paying out less than short-term rates.

That curve has been flattening out and sloping down for more than a year, raising worries among some analysts that investors' long-term view of the market is not positive and that an economic downturn is looming. 

But on Sunday, an inauspicious milestone was achieved: The yield curve remained inverted for three months, or an entire quarter, which has for half a century been a clear signal that the economy is heading for recession in the next nine to 18 months, according to Campbell Harvey, a Duke University finance professor who spoke to NPR on Sunday. His research in the mid-1980s first linked yield curve inversions to recessions.

"That has been associated with predicting a recession for the last seven recessions," Harvey said. "From the 1960s, this indicator has been reliable in terms of foretelling a recession, and also importantly, it has not given any false signals yet."

yci_custom-73a377f11e8758c44eff246ae564c

Still, many economic forecasters do not see a recession on the horizon.

A Canadian political cartoonist has been fired for drawings that are critical of Donald Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/michael-de-adder-responds-to-contract-end-after-trump-cartoon/ar-AADH3yW?li=AAggNb9

The Canadian cartoonist who drew a viral depiction of U.S. President Donald Trump and the border crisis is defending his own credibility after his contract was terminated by a newspaper publisher. 

“It sounds corny, but I have a personal code of conduct. It’s kept me employed for 20 years in a business that’s been dying for 10,” Michael de Adder wrote on Twitter on Monday. 

He posted a cartoon last week which shows Trump standing by a golf cart, asking “Do you mind if I play through?” while standing above two bodies. The image recalls the drowning of Óscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his 23-month-old daughter, Valeria, in the Rio Grande River as they tried to cross the Mexico-U.S. border. 

That same week, his freelance contract with Brunswick News and their four newspapers in New Brunswick was terminated. The cartoon was not published in the papers but was shared widely on social media. 

image.thumb.png.577d3af9aaa6713095d58b6d31aaab09.png

I don't think there are many folks from New Brunswick, but if there are, I invite you to let the publisher know what you think of this sort of censorship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A Canadian political cartoonist has been fired for drawings that are critical of Donald Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/michael-de-adder-responds-to-contract-end-after-trump-cartoon/ar-AADH3yW?li=AAggNb9

The Canadian cartoonist who drew a viral depiction of U.S. President Donald Trump and the border crisis is defending his own credibility after his contract was terminated by a newspaper publisher. 

“It sounds corny, but I have a personal code of conduct. It’s kept me employed for 20 years in a business that’s been dying for 10,” Michael de Adder wrote on Twitter on Monday. 

He posted a cartoon last week which shows Trump standing by a golf cart, asking “Do you mind if I play through?” while standing above two bodies. The image recalls the drowning of Óscar Alberto Martínez Ramírez and his 23-month-old daughter, Valeria, in the Rio Grande River as they tried to cross the Mexico-U.S. border. 

That same week, his freelance contract with Brunswick News and their four newspapers in New Brunswick was terminated. The cartoon was not published in the papers but was shared widely on social media. 

image.thumb.png.577d3af9aaa6713095d58b6d31aaab09.png

I don't think there are many folks from New Brunswick, but if there are, I invite you to let the publisher know what you think of this sort of censorship.

This cartoon says absolutely everything that needed to be said. The fact that the cartoonist was fired is appalling. It's not racist, it does not promote hatred of any kind..it is social commentary on a 'leader' who has failed by every standard of civility, honesty, empathy, integrity etc..the list goes on. Canada is better than this bull$&!# censorship....where is the outcry about 'free speech' now, my fellow Canadians?

If this cartoonist somehow violated or breached the terms of his contract then there may be legal grounds to fire him but as the information stands at time of posting....this is plain old censorship. Someone actually had the balls to put on paper what so many people across the world are thinking and saying in quiet circles and asides everywhere.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2019 at 11:30 AM, nuckin_futz said:

For Pete's sake you're a handbag designer. Stay in your lane

I thought Trudeau was a substitute drama teacher?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Cerridwen said:

This cartoon says absolutely everything that needed to be said.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Just can't resist the ole 'whataboutism', can you? The situation depicted in the cartoon happened on TRUMP'S watch, NOT Barack Obama's... catch up, will ya? :P

Drumpf has been in office how long now?

Perhaps it is time that he gets credit or blame for his decisions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Just can't resist the ole 'whataboutism', can you? The situation depicted in the cartoon happened on TRUMP'S watch, NOT Barack Obama's... catch up, will ya? :P

Wasn't that at all.    Point is, IF people had listened to Obama and not sent their kids....THAT is the POINT.   THIS is not a political thing.   It has been an issue for every president of both stripes.   You just can't resist politicizing it.   I say, it is clear that if you plan on entering the United States through illegal means, leave the kids out of it.   That was said by the last president and this one too.   It is a sad situation with seemingly no solutions from EITHER President or party and the unparalleled number of illegal attempts (up to 10 times that of the past administration on any given day) has this as a crises without a lot of alignment because people keep wanting to politicize this...you and the cartoonist included.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Drumpf has been in office how long now?

Perhaps it is time that he gets credit or blame for his decisions.

He deserves more blame than most - but the one issue he didn't create was the illegal immigration issue....he has certainly not helped it but it has been an issue for a long time for the US.

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I thought Trudeau was a substitute drama teacher?

067E68F7-6458-44F9-BE3E-D8F611D84526.gif

• Hydration 1

I see that FF Jr is following in his father's footsteps and is promoting a new "birther" theory.....this time about Kamala Harris:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/01/democrats-defend-harrs-after-donald-trump-jr-race-tweet/1611224001/

I'm not sure what makes someone from Jamaica a somehow less black than someone from Africa, but this is the kind of level Jr will stoop to.

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I see that FF Jr is following in his father's footsteps and is promoting a new "birther" theory.....this time about Kamala Harris:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/01/democrats-defend-harrs-after-donald-trump-jr-race-tweet/1611224001/

I'm not sure what makes someone from Jamaica a somehow less black than someone from Africa, but this is the kind of level Jr will stoop to.

Do black peoples in the US classify themselves by where their ancestors come from?  African ancestry is better than Jamaican, which is better than Fijian, which is better than ?    I really don’t get what’s going on down there.  Why can’t they just accept it’s not about what you look like or where you’re from; it’s about who you are, and how you treat others?