DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

I was just on YouTube and found the parody video of Trump and the Kingsman thing, that a group called TheGeekzTeam made a year ago that's all over the news right now because the video was used at a Trump event, anyways as I was about to comment on the video it was deleted/removed.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

The "Witch Hunt" keeps finding more witches.....

Fiona Hill, the White House’s former top Russia adviser, told impeachment investigators on Monday that Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, ran a shadow foreign policy in Ukraine that circumvented U.S. officials and career diplomats in order to personally benefit President Trump, according to a person familiar with her testimony.

Hill, who served as the senior official for Russia and Europe on the National Security Council, was the latest witness in a fast-moving impeachment inquiry focused on whether the president abused his office by using the promise of military aid and diplomatic support to pressure Ukraine into investigating his political rivals.

In a closed-door session that lasted roughly 10 hours, Hill told lawmakers that she confronted Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, about Giuliani’s activities which, she testified, were not coordinated with the officials responsible for carrying out U.S. foreign policy, this person said on the condition of anonymity to disclose details of her deposition. 

....as well as the occasional Vampire:

image.png.2b29e2eb8f1b52869c1a30686842f03a.png

Full article in the link:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trumps-ex-russia-adviser-told-impeachment-investigators-of-giulianis-efforts-in-ukraine/ar-AAIMQyJ?li=AAggFp4

Trump’s impeachment barricade crumbles

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/15/donald-trump-impeachment-ukraine-investigation-046915

Donald Trump's impeachment blockade has collapsed.

The president's former top Russia adviser, Fiona Hill — the first White House official to cooperate in Democrats' investigation of the Ukraine scandal — has detailed for lawmakers a trail of alleged corruption that extends from Kiev to the West Wing. In dramatic testimony on Monday, she roped in some of Trump's top advisers as witnesses to the unfolding controversy.

And on Tuesday, a senior State Department official, George Kent, appeared on Capitol Hill to testify about his knowledge of the episode despite an attempt by Trump administration lawyers to block him, according to a source working on the impeachment inquiry. The House Intelligence Committee issued a subpoena for his testimony Tuesday morning, and Kent, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs, complied.

It's the latest evidence that the White House’s stonewalling against congressional requests for documents and testimony is crumbling — and Democrats are feeling a new sense of momentum.

“Thank you to patriots like @realDonaldTrump appointee Fiona Hill who chose to ignore the obstruction from Trump and gave testimony to Congress today,” said Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.). “The truth will keep coming out. And Trump cannot stop it.”

In closed-door testimony described by a source in the room, Hill said she raised concerns with White House officials over the shadow diplomacy efforts of Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who mounted a months-long campaign to discredit Joe Biden on unfounded charges.

Hill said she shared her concerns with then-national security adviser John Bolton, who encouraged her to report her concerns about Giuliani's efforts to a National Security Council lawyer. She told House impeachment investigators that she met with the lawyer, John Eisenberg, twice. Hill also connected Giuliani's efforts to Trump's acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, and said Bolton characterized their efforts on Ukraine as a “drug deal.”

According to a source in the room Monday, Hill said Bolton compared Giuliani to “a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up.”

And the flood of damaging information isn’t subsiding.

As lawmakers return to Capitol Hill on Tuesday, a growing number of witnesses this week are set to describe their own role in the controversy, even as the White House has vowed not to engage with House Democrats’ “illegitimate” impeachment effort. The Democratic Caucus is set to meet Tuesday night after a two-week recess to discuss the impeachment inquiry.

On Wednesday, Michael McKinley, who abruptly resigned last week as a top aide to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, intends to testify before lawmakers.

On Thursday, lawmakers are expected to hear from Gordon Sondland, the EU ambassador whose text messages revealed by lawmakers indicated he was aware of efforts to pressure Ukrainian officials to investigate Biden. Sondland is reportedly ready to deflect any blame onto Trump about whether there was any quid pro quo involving military aid to Ukraine or a meeting between Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart in Washington.

Congressional investigators on Friday will hear from Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Laura Cooper, who oversees Russia- and Ukraine-related matters at the Pentagon.

Despite the series of breakthroughs, Democrats will still face resistance from the White House to some of their high-level requests.

When asked whether Trump's budget office planned to comply with a Tuesday subpoena deadline for documents, a senior administration official would not comment, instead pointing to a White House letter last week that deemed the House impeachment probe “unconstitutional.”

But Hill’s account underscores how the president’s once-impenetrable barrier to meaningful testimony in Democrats’ impeachment inquiry has been blown apart.

“The walls are closing in. The details we are learning about the shadow foreign policy operation Trump has been running to benefit himself personally are stunning,” said Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.). “Why have a democracy, if we allow this to happen without consequence?”

Though Hill's testimony was the most damning to date, she wasn't the first to put a crack in Trump's wall.

Earlier this month, former Ambassador Kurt Volker provided text messages between himself and other diplomats in which they described concerns that Trump was using a potential White House visit for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and possibly even military aid, as a cudgel to force the besieged country to probe Biden. Volker testified for nine hours to lawmakers and aides behind closed doors. Trump has forcefully denied that any sort of “quid pro quo” occurred.

Last Friday, Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, testified about her abrupt removal by Trump, which came amid a smear campaign by Trump's allies that accused her of disloyalty. Yovanovitch's ouster in May infuriated senior State Department officials, and she testified that the ability of bad actors to engineer her removal could be exploited by foreign adversaries.

Kent served under Yovanovitch in Ukraine for three years. A former State Department official said Kent is “able to peel back layers of the onion that many people can’t,” and he is likely to speak out against Yovanovitch’s ouster.

Meanwhile, Giuliani, who is facing a mounting set of legal woes, is due to provide documents to Congress under a subpoena issued by the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, but it's unclear if he intends to cooperate.

Giuliani has been defiant and indicated he intends to be watching the third game of a New York Yankees playoff series — and possibly even attend the afternoon ballgame.

Vice President Mike Pence is also due to turn over documents by Tuesday, but he has yet to be subpoenaed.

House Republicans have said little about the substance of Hill's testimony but have complained vehemently about Democrats’ decision to hold witness interviews behind closed doors. They say a matter as weighty as the potential impeachment of a president should be conducted publicly.

Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff has countered this complaint, arguing that the secrecy surrounding the initial interviews is meant to prevent witnesses from aligning their statements.

Edited by Gnarcore

Today in :picard:,

Trump's top adviser on trade with China, Peter Navarro invented a name and has been quoting himself as a fake source. 

Alarmed by his heated rhetoric toward China, an Australian professor began studying Navarro’s past work and discovered that for decades he’s been publishing quotes from a man named “Ron Vara” — who is entirely fabricated. Ron Vara is an anagram of Navarro.

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/prominent-trump-advisor-on-china-quoted-fictitious-alter-ego-in-scholarly-books/

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I wonder where this guy's destination was from JFK?  Totally innocent actions involving a totally innocent call by TRUMP.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/4th-defendant-federal-case-involving-rudy-giuliani-clients/story?id=66319648

4th defendant in federal case involving Rudy Giuliani associates arrested

• Upvote 1

The parents weren't in the US to talk.  The parents were in the US to try and get justice.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anne-sacoolas-grieving-parents-ambushed-by-trump-who-was-hiding-spy-wife-at-the-white-house

Grieving Parents ‘Ambushed’ by Trump, Who Had Teen’s Killer Waiting at White House

The president had hoped to surprise the family of dead British teen Harry Dunn with a meeting with the woman who killed him. “And they weren’t ready for it,” he admitted.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Today in :picard:,

Trump's top adviser on trade with China, Peter Navarro invented a name and has been quoting himself as a fake source. 

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/prominent-trump-advisor-on-china-quoted-fictitious-alter-ego-in-scholarly-books/

I half expect to see quotes from Arnold Dumpt as well....

26 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The parents weren't in the US to talk.  The parents were in the US to try and get justice.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anne-sacoolas-grieving-parents-ambushed-by-trump-who-was-hiding-spy-wife-at-the-white-house

Grieving Parents ‘Ambushed’ by Trump, Who Had Teen’s Killer Waiting at White House

The president had hoped to surprise the family of dead British teen Harry Dunn with a meeting with the woman who killed him. “And they weren’t ready for it,” he admitted.

Wow, Donald.......

344852.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Every time I think Drumpf has hit rock bottom, he goes lower.

• Upvote 2

I wonder why TRUMP didn't want his financial records released.  It seems like it is common practice to tell lenders one story, but tell the taxman another.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies

The president’s businesses made themselves appear more profitable to lenders and less profitable to tax officials. One expert calls the differing numbers “versions of fraud.”

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I wonder why TRUMP didn't want his financial records released.  It seems like it is common practice to tell lenders one story, but tell the taxman another.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies

The president’s businesses made themselves appear more profitable to lenders and less profitable to tax officials. One expert calls the differing numbers “versions of fraud.”

I'm not a tax lawyer, but AFAIK, misrepresenting your finances in an attempt to secure credit is pretty much the definition of fraud.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not a tax lawyer, but AFAIK, misrepresenting your finances in an attempt to secure credit is pretty much the definition of fraud.

Pretty much tax evasion and bank fraud but it will go nowhere unfortunately. My guess being trump wins in 2020 and stature of limitations runs out. 

14 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Pretty much tax evasion and bank fraud but it will go nowhere unfortunately. My guess being trump wins in 2020 and stature of limitations runs out. 

There is a chance that the statute of limitations could be paused.  The argument is kinda similar to if someone absconds.  If TRUMP cannot be indicted for a crime while in office, then his time in office cannot be used to run out the clock on criminality.  The problem here is that this is a legal issue that would need to be decided, and it could very well go in TRUMP's favour.  

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Upvote 1

This doesn't really pertain to Trump per se, but since this thread has been the standard repository for Conspiracy Theories and Alt-Right media personalities, I thought it belonged here.

Doesn't bode well for Alex Jones:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50074652

A US jury has awarded $450,000 (£350,000) to the father of a boy killed in the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook school, in a defamation lawsuit against a conspiracy theorist writer.

In June a Wisconsin judge ruled that James Fetzer had defamed Leonard Pozner by claiming he had fabricated the death certificate of his son Noah.

Mr Fetzer, who co-wrote Nobody Died at Sandy Hook, said he would appeal.

Noah, aged six, was the youngest of 26 people killed in the shooting.

In the Dane County court in Wisconsin, Mr Pozner thanked the jury for recognising "the pain and terror that Mr Fetzer has purposefully inflicted on me and on other victims of these horrific mass casualty events, like the Sandy Hook shooting".

In his book, written with co-author Mike Palacek, Mr Fetzer claimed that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, manufactured by the Obama administration as part of an effort to tighten gun laws.

The book, and a later blog post by Mr Fetzer, included several false statements about Noah's death certificate, including claims that Mr Pozner had circulated fabricated copies.

Mr Pozner reached a settlement with Mr Palacek last month. The terms have not been disclosed.

On Tuesday, Mr Pozner emphasised that the case was not about First Amendment protections for free speech.

"Mr Fetzer has the right to believe that Sandy Hook never happened. He has the right to express his ignorance," he said, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

"This award, however, further illustrates the difference between the right of people like Mr Fetzer to be wrong and the right of victims like myself and my child to be free from defamation, free from harassment and free from the intentional infliction of terror."

Mr Pozner's lawyer Genevieve Zimmerman described Mr Fetzer's claims in both the 2015 book and 2018 blog post as "alt-right opium".

It is one of several defamation cases launched in the wake of Sandy Hook, many led by Mr Pozner.

He and Noah's mother, Veronique De La Rosa, have also sued prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for defamation. The pending case is one of at least five faced by Mr Jones.

Last week, a Texas court ruled that Mr Jones could not invoke free-speech law to end a separate suit, waged by Scarlett Lewis, the mother of Sandy Hook victim Jesse Lewis.

Parents of Sandy Hook victims who have spoken publicly about their experiences have been targeted by trolls, both online, as well as in person.

I don't know much about this Fetzer guy, other than to be glad he's lost this decision, but my fervent hope is that Alex Jones get similar treatment in all of his defamation suits and is taken to the cleaners financially.

The image of him sitting on a street corner holding out his MAGA hat for quarters gives me the warm and fuzzies....

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

WHAT THE EVERLOVING &^@#???????

He doesn't have a clue...not a single bloody &^@#ing clue. Who one earth could possibly think this was a good thing to do? Un&^@#ingbelievable.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

‘Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool!’ Here’s the letter Donald Trump apparently sent to Turkish President Erdogan last week

It seems Donald Trump wrote a letter to Turkish President Erdogan earlier this month. And it’s … well, what can you say about this letter? Other than that it definitely sounds like Trump wrote it:

The general reaction of the press seems to be that they couldn't tell if this was satire or not. This fool is in so far over his head it would be laughable if it weren't so sad.

Some reactions from the press............

EXCLUSIVE: I have obtained a copy of ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩’s letter to #Erdogan. ⁦@POTUS⁩ warns him to not “be a tough guy! Don’t be a fool!” Says he could destroy Turkey’s economy if #Syria is not resolved in a humane way. Details tonight at 8pm #TrishRegan #FoxBusiness

Given the date on the letter, and Turkey's continued offensive, it's fair to assume the phone call did not go well. https://twitter.com/trish_regan/status/1184559361638748161 

That is the greatest Presidential letter ever.

Don’t be a fool! I will destroy your whole economy! I will make sure to make you pay! You will be look down on as the devil!

I will call you later; golf?

I didn't know I could cringe this hard. https://twitter.com/trish_regan/status/1184559361638748161 

I'd like to say something about this, but I can't tell if it's satire. https://twitter.com/trish_regan/status/1184559361638748161 

The transparency is great and all, but I'm not sure the White House's release everything approach is doing them any favors.

• Thanks 1

^^^^ That's a "perfect" letter......

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Every time I think Drumpf has hit rock bottom, he goes lower.

And yet again.

• Upvote 1

President DipSh** is on quite a roll today. ......

Democrats angrily walk out of White House meeting after Trump 'meltdown'

The Democratic leaders said that the moment that prompted them to abruptly leave was when Trump called Pelosi "a third-grade politician" to her face.

WASHINGTON — Democratic leaders in Congress on Wednesday angrily walked out of a White House meeting with President Donald Trump after he had a "meltdown," according to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

"What we witnessed on the part of the president was a meltdown. Sad to say," Pelosi told reporters outside the White House with House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

The Democratic leaders said that the moment that prompted them to abruptly leave was when Trump called Pelosi "a third-grade politician" to her face.

"He was insulting, particularly to the speaker," Schumer said. "She kept her cool completely. But he called her a third-rate politician. He said that there are communists involved and you guys might like that. I mean, this was not a dialogue. It was sort of a diatribe — a nasty diatribe not focused on the facts, particularly the fact of how to curtail ISIS, a terrorist organization that aims to hurt the United States in our homeland.”

Pelosi later clarified that the insult was "third-grade politician," not "third-rate."

The White House called the meeting to discuss the president’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, which paved the way for Turkey to invade the area. Ahead of the meeting, the House overwhelmingly voted in favor of a resolution rebuking the Trump’s decision to pull troops out in a 354-60 vote.

"I think that vote, the size of the vote — more than 2 to 1 of the Republicans voted to oppose what the president did — it probably got to the president, because he was shaken up by it," Pelosi said. "That's why we couldn't continue in the meeting because he was just not relating to the reality of it."

Hoyer echoed those remarks, saying that the meeting "deteriorated into a diatribe" and that they were "deeply offended" by the way Trump treated Pelosi. He said that after serving in Congress over the course of six presidential administrations, he has "never" seen a president "treat so disrespectfully a co-equal branch of the government."

During the meeting, Schumer said that he asked Trump about his plan to contain the Islamic State militant group.

"He didn't really have one, he said the Turks and the Syrians will guard the ISIS prisoners," Schumer said, recounting the conversation.

Schumer said he then asked if there was any intelligence evidence that suggested the Turks and the Syrians have the same interests as the U.S. and the Kurds in guarding those prisoners. Defense Secretary Mark Esper was in the room and Schumer said Esper was “honest,” saying, according to Schumer, “We don’t have that evidence.”

Republicans, who stayed behind in the meeting, spoke to reporters afterward. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said that Pelosi stormed out of the room, calling it “unbecoming” of the speaker.

"When there is a time of crisis, leaders should stay" whether they like what they’re hearing or not, he added.

The dramatic meeting comes amid the House's ongoing impeachment inquiry. Democrats on Wednesday said that impeachment did not come up during their conversation with the president.

The episode was reminiscent of the White House meeting Trump held with congressional leaders in May on the nation’s infrastructure, during which Pelosi said that Trump threw a "temper tantrum" and "stormed out" of the room. Trump said at the time that he would only work with Democrats if they stopped investigating him.

Other reports are after they left, some Democrats remained and watched Trump completely lose it. He was told former Secretary of Defence James Mattis said his Syria policy was going to lead to the re-emergence of ISIS. Trump then went off on Mattis saying he didn't know anything and was a 3rd rate General.

:frantic:

Edited by nuckin_futz