DonLever

Donald J. Trump, 45th US President of the United States

On 10/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, SabreFan1 said:

I don't care how many nude pictures of her are out there or who outside of the Capitol building she's sleeping with.

My issue is that she was sleeping with a subordinate and with the screenshotted texts, it appears that she may have moved on to another.

If these same people are going to hold men with power to a standard of not humping people they have power over, they should hold women to the exact same standard.  She boned someone with less power in the workplace than herself and is likely still doing it, so remove her. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  Having breasts shouldn't afford you extra privileges.

Workplace affairs are pretty common. The deciding factor in those situations is whether the subordinates felt like they had to for the sake of their jobs. If they were willing with no feeling of being pressured, then it is not the same.(I'm not saying that is the case in this instance)  I'm sure there are women who have had affairs with their boss, who have not come forward in the MeToo movement or vilified their boss.

7 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Workplace affairs are pretty common. The deciding factor in those situations is whether the subordinates felt like they had to for the sake of their jobs. If they were willing with no feeling of being pressured, then it is not the same.(I'm not saying that is the case in this instance)  I'm sure there are women who have had affairs with their boss, who have not come forward in the MeToo movement or vilified their boss.

I would generally agree, however, in this case she broke a Congressional rule in doing what she did. I don't see any way forward other than her getting the boot.

Heck, Al Franken got dumped for less...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I would generally agree, however, in this case she broke a Congressional rule in doing what she did. I don't see any way forward other than her getting the boot.

Heck, Al Franken got dumped for less...

I have no issue with that. I was not defending her. I was addressing the idea that a person who has an affair with a subordinate should automatically get fired.

Say a man has an affair with a subordinate and both parties are okay with it. If somehow it becomes public, should the man automatically be fired? I say no.

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

They're super common in DC.  The problem for her is that she used very little discretion before, during, and after she was elected.

The liberals in the US have decided that it is very much the same.  According to them, anyone who has power over another can never truly receive consent from the subordinate.

Now if either or both her spurned or current subordinate lovers decide to sue Congress, the taxpayer will be footing the bill because she couldn't keep her sex life private.

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

I have no issue with that. I was not defending her. I was addressing the idea that a person who has an affair with a subordinate should automatically get fired.

Say a man has an affair with a subordinate and both parties are okay with it. If somehow it becomes public, should the man automatically be fired? I say no.

Now that everyone gave the metoo and timesup movements a blank cheque to decide what's right and moral and what's not, both men and women will be fired.  Right now liberal media is doing it's level best to stifle the entire thing because it's a Democratic woman who got busted.  Had it been a Republican male, CNN and MSNBC would be covering it heavily 24/7 and Fox would be ignoring it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

It’s the question of whether a subordinate is able to give consent.  Maybe their just not able to give consent?  It’s kind of like when someone is drunk.  Their state of mind is affected, so true consent can not be given.  

21 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Now that everyone gave the metoo and timesup movements a blank cheque to decide what's right and moral and what's not, both men and women will be fired.  Right now liberal media is doing it's level best to stifle the entire thing because it's a Democratic woman who got busted.  Had it been a Republican male, CNN and MSNBC would be covering it heavily 24/7 and Fox would be ignoring it.

Is that in all fields, or only entertainment and politics? I've only seen the high profile cases, so I am genuinely curious.

i’m wondering, if trump is not only impeaches but charged with al his criminal doings, what happens to all the gop members who claimed trump was right in all he did?

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i’m wondering, if trump is not only impeaches but charged with al his criminal doings, what happens to all the gop members who claimed trump was right in all he did?

They probably get off scot free. A lot of them represent states that only vote R, doesn't really matter to the population what they do as long as they own the libz. They'll all find something else to hang their coat on and pretend this all didn't happen. Maybe put AOC meme production on full blast.

Honestly most of them don't even know what's going on, watching Fox News exclusively shuts them off from it all. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Is that in all fields, or only entertainment and politics? I've only seen the high profile cases, so I am genuinely curious.

Everywhere.  Even the UK picked up on it and passed laws. 

Here's a kicker for you.  The UK has even put into law that sex is more the male's responsibility than a female.  So for instance if a drunk guy and a drunk girl sleep together in the UK, the onus of consent is solely placed on the male and he can be found at fault if the female decides to say she was raped because she drank alcohol before she gave or implied consent.  In the US, they would have equal culpability if both were drunk.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/men-avoid-sex-women-drunk-any-alcohol-barrister-says-a7984791.html

You only see and hear about the high profile stuff because for all of it's bluster, Hollywood and Washington loves to preach at us "little people", but they care more for themselves and how they look in front of their peers.  You'll never see Alyssa Milano sit in on a trial in support of Suzie the dental hygienist from Cleveland like she sat in the Kavanaugh hearing in support of Ford.

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Everywhere.  Even the UK picked up on it and passed laws. 

Here's a kicker for you.  The UK has even put into law that sex is more the male's responsibility than a female.  So for instance if a drunk guy and a drunk girl sleep together in the UK, the onus of consent is solely placed on the male and he can be found at fault if the female decides to say she was raped because she drank alcohol before she gave or implied consent.  In the US, they would have equal culpability if both were drunk.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/men-avoid-sex-women-drunk-any-alcohol-barrister-says-a7984791.html

You only see and hear about the high profile stuff because for all of it's bluster, Hollywood and Washington loves to preach at us "little people", but they care more for themselves and how they look in front of their peers.  You'll never see Alyssa Milano sit in on a trial in support of Suzie the dental hygienist from Cleveland like she sat in the Kavanaugh hearing in support of Ford.

I guess people will need a consent form and blood samples just to be safe.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, smithers joe said:

Charges are leveled and come before impeachment which in turn comes before removal from office.  Two presidents have been impeached (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton), both were found innocent by the Senate and remained in office.  Nixon resigned because he knew that impeachment and removal were coming quickly if he didn't.

Right now the house has an impeachment inquiry going on.  That's the step before articles of impeachment are drawn up and voted upon.

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I guess people will need a consent form and blood samples just to be safe.

Drunken sex was once, at worst, a stupid mistake.  Now it can ruin entire lives. 

Imagine being at University in the UK.  You go to a fraternity and sorority mixer.  You have a few beers and a couple of shots while playing beer pong with the pretty blond that's been flirting with you for the last couple hours.  She then leads you up to her room and initiates an encounter and gets a bit loud behind closed doors and the next day realizes that people are talking behind her back calling her an easy lay.  Now she decides that she wants to save her reputation because she has to spend the next 4 years with those same people.  The easiest way for her to do that would be to go to campus police and say that both of you had drunken sex the previous night and because she's the female, it's not her responsibility.  Now the UK cops will likely arrest you and leave the case in the local prosecutor's hands to decide your fate.  Even if he decides not to prosecute you, your reputation is over and done with at that University.  It'll be you losing your tuition money for that semester and moving to a different University.

Trump is a scumbag, conman, thief, sexual predator, megalomaniac narcissist and general all around creep.

He has also clearly committed impeachable offenses.

But although he might be impeached in the House of Representatives, he won't be convicted in the Senate trial... there are too many Republicans who are scared of him and the fact his base might turn out and vote them out in their nomination primaries.

Only way he will be removed is in a general election... and the Republicans are doing everything they can to tilt the balance with their voting restrictions.

If he is re-elected, the chances Democracy will stay alive in the US is not looking good.  Might as well be Russia... in fact Putin's blueprint for permanent power is what Trump admires the most.

Well that didn't take long. You can F with your staffers, but don't F with Nancy.

Rep. Katie Hill to resign amid allegations of inappropriate relationships with staffers

Freshman Rep. Katie Hill is resigning from Congress after facing allegations of inappropriate sexual relationships with staffers in her office and on her congressional campaign.

“It is with a broken heart that today I announce my resignation from Congress. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I believe it is the best thing for my constituents, my community and our country,” Hill wrote in a letter announcing the news after it was first reported by POLITICO.

“This is what needs to happen so that the good people who supported me will no longer be subjected to the pain inflicted by my abusive husband and the brutality of hateful political operatives who seem to happily provide a platform to a monster who is driving a smear campaign built around cyber exploitation,” Hill added.

Hill did not specify a resignation date in her letter but multiple people with knowledge of her plans said she could step aside as soon as Nov. 1.

Hill's announcement capped a tumultuous 10-day episode that shook the Democratic Caucus. Hill was a prominent figure in the historic Democratic freshman class, and her resignation was a blow to the colleagues who defended her as the 10-day episode unfolded.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who has taken a hard line in sexual harassment cases, said in a statement that Hill had made the right decision in stepping down.

"[Hill] has acknowledged errors in judgment that made her continued service as a member untenable," Pelosi said on Sunday night. "We must ensure a climate of integrity and dignity in the Congress, and in all workplaces.”

Hill was under investigation by the House Ethics Committee for allegations of an improper sexual relationship with a male congressional staffer, a claim she denied. Hill admitted to and apologized for an “inappropriate” relationship with a female campaign staffer earlier this week.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-katie-hill-resign-amid-223747505.html

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

I could be wrong but I think I saw somebody with a “veterans for impeachment” sign behind the plate. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

I could be wrong but I think I saw somebody with a “veterans for impeachment” sign behind the plate. 

There was this one as well.

• Hydration 3

On 10/26/2019 at 3:15 PM, SabreFan1 said:

You have been spending so much time with the Canadians, you are starting to write like one.

:)

Edited by CBH1926

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

You have been spending so much time with the Canadians, you are starting to write like one.

:)

When I'm on CDC I've always spelled things the screwy way.  It may be wrong, but you know what they say... When in Rome...

I refuse though to call the letter Z, zed. :rolleyes:

• Hydration 1