DonLever

Donald J. Trump, Accepts GOP Renomination for President

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Well a pandemic and global economic collapse make 2020 a tad different than 2016.  I really don't think you can look back and compare the two. Plus they have 4 years of him failing to do almost anything he promised and then 115k deaths and counting. Plus they have changed polling in a slew of ways apparently. 

It’s simply stating that 2016 people were CERTAIN he wouldn’t win. Again in 2016 people “experts” had very valid reasons as to why he wouldn’t win. Yet here we are And people are writing him off once again. Justifying there opinion for what ever reason they think is valid this time. 

Giving him zero chance looks as stupid as the people claiming that in the video I posted. 

Ps. the death total isn’t going to have as big of effect as people think it will. Most people don’t put sole blame on him. 41% of the countries death happen to be in the 4 states that are the democratic strongholds 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1

3 hours ago, Whorvat said:

Should make for an interesting next few months at least

I respect your opinion, you raise valid points, but none of which would persuade or change mine

Cheers and Go Canucks Go!

Try watching the Wallace and/or Swann interviews.

If the belligerent word salad approach to governing doesn’t change your mind....  what would it actually take?

• Hydration 2

I've noticed it's kind of getting to the point where patriotism in the US is being linked exclusively to morons.

Soon anyone seen as being patriotic will be seen as a moron. Dividing the country with identity politics has really weakened the American identity. If this isn't foreign interference to topple America, it's sure working out that way. Hard to imagine anyone with America's best interest in mind would do something so self destructive.

• Hydration 1

7 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It’s simply stating that 2016 people were CERTAIN he wouldn’t win. Again in 2016 people “experts” had very valid reasons as to why he wouldn’t win. Yet here we are And people are writing him off once again. Justifying there opinion for what ever reason they think is valid this time. 

Giving him zero chance looks as stupid as the people claiming that in the video I posted. 

Ps. the death total isn’t going to have as big of effect as people think it will. Most people don’t put sole blame on him. 41% of the countries death happen to be in the 4 states that are the democratic strongholds 

You are assuming that pollsters did not adjust since 2016. In 2016, pollsters relied heavily on national numbers failing to realize that the presidency is won by the electoral college. They were not far off with the popular vote when it's all said and done.

This time around, you see more emphasis on state level polls and projecting out based on the ec equivalent from those states and looking at the polls at the state level, it is not looking good at all for Trump. Doubly more so with mail in voting starting in 3 to 4 weeks that could make up a majority of the votes this time around. 

Can Trump snatch victory from the jaws of defeat,? Yeah, he has an over-enthusiastic base that would go vote for him even if it costs them their lives compared to milk toast Biden that have no big ideas that would entice voters leading to a vast amount of his potential voters voting for him while holding their noses. I am not going to be surprised if his voters didn't bother going to the polls if the pandemic continue to or god forbid worsen by November (if they didn't vote by mail).

8 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

You are assuming that pollsters did not adjust since 2016. In 2016, pollsters relied heavily on national numbers failing to realize that the presidency is won by the electoral college. They were not far off with the popular vote when it's all said and done.

This time around, you see more emphasis on state level polls and projecting out based on the ec equivalent from those states and looking at the polls at the state level, it is not looking good at all for Trump. Doubly more so with mail in voting starting in 3 to 4 weeks that could make up a majority of the votes this time around. 

Can Trump snatch victory from the jaws of defeat,? Yeah, he has an over-enthusiastic base that would go vote for him even if it costs them their lives compared to milk toast Biden that have no big ideas that would entice voters leading to a vast amount of his potential voters voting for him while holding their noses. I am not going to be surprised if his voters didn't bother going to the polls if the pandemic continue to or god forbid worsen by November (if they didn't vote by mail).

Correct on the polling with regards to 2016.  There was a lack of polling at the state level in a number of states, especially after the Comey stunt.  This time around, there has been a regular emphasis on polling in states.  And in many, TRUMP has performed poorly.   TRUMP'S path to victory is very narrow and he cannot afford to lose much, especially double digit electoral states.  He's been behind for months in Florida.  He's behind in Pennsylvania.   Texas is surprisingly close.  The list of states he won handily that are close or leaning Biden's way does not bode well.

Can TRUMP win?  Yes.  Am I saying Biden is a lock?  No.  What we are saying is that what won TRUMP the presidency in 2016 doesn't appear to be working for him this time around.   He's the incumbent.   He has to campaign on his record and what he plans on doing for the next 4 years.  His campaign isn't doing that.  MAGA.  He's had 3 and 1/2 years to MAGA.  That, and Biden isn't as disliked as Shillary was.  So going negative only opens the door to his faults.  And as this thread has shown, there is a lot there.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3

17 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It’s simply stating that 2016 people were CERTAIN he wouldn’t win. Again in 2016 people “experts” had very valid reasons as to why he wouldn’t win. Yet here we are And people are writing him off once again. Justifying there opinion for what ever reason they think is valid 

Actually weren’t the polling numbers pretty close to the actual result?  (I’m talking to the major ones....that they were essentially within the margin of error).  It’s like having Dan Cloutier is net, eventually when the team scores enough goals...it generally should be enough....but since it IS Cloutier , you can’t guarantee a “w”.:P

• Hydration 1

40 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Actually weren’t the polling numbers pretty close to the actual result?  (I’m talking to the major ones....that they were essentially within the margin of error).  It’s like having Dan Cloutier is net, eventually when the team scores enough goals...it generally should be enough....but since it IS Cloutier , you can’t guarantee a “w”.:P

Yes they were.... and Comey’s last minute reopening of the email investigation pushed them even closer 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Correct on the polling with regards to 2016.  There was a lack of polling at the state level in a number of states, especially after the Comey stunt.  This time around, there has been a regular emphasis on polling in states.  And in many, TRUMP has performed poorly.   TRUMP'S path to victory is very narrow and he cannot afford to lose much, especially double digit electoral states.  He's been behind for months in Florida.  He's behind in Pennsylvania.   Texas is surprisingly close.  The list of states he won handily that are close or leaning Biden's way does not bode well.

Can TRUMP win?  Yes.  Am I saying Biden is a lock?  No.  What we are saying is that what won TRUMP the presidency in 2016 doesn't appear to be working for him this time around.   He's the incumbent.   He has to campaign on his record and what he plans on doing for the next 4 years.  His campaign isn't doing that.  MAGA.  He's had 3 and 1/2 years to MAGA.  That, and Biden isn't as disliked as Shillary was.  So going negative only opens the door to his faults.  And as this thread has shown, there is a lot there.

I still feel that if he faced anyone other than Hill Clinton, he would have lost

• Vintage 1

Just now, c00kies said:

I still feel that if he faced anyone other than Hill Clinton, he would have lost

There were a number of polls that indicated he would.  Shillary was a deeply flawed candidate.  The Comey stunt just prior to the elections, and Shillary's flawed campaign taking Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania for granted were the ultimate nails in the coffin.  

It looks like Kanye is still in the mix... sleezy move.. will it work for some battlegrounds ? 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/republicans-in-at-least-four-states-are-helping-kanye-west-gain-ballot-access/ar-BB17BFEE?ocid=msedgntp

Republicans in at least four states are helping Kanye West gain ballot access

"It's hard not to feel like Republican operatives are using a mentally ill, very famous rapper who is not going to be president because they think for some reason that it's going to take black votes away from Joe Biden," said Jesse Lehrich, a Democratic strategist who worked for 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's campaign.

"It's honestly an insult to black voters' intelligence to assume that they are going to vote for Kanye West because he's a black rapper," he said.

Posted (edited)

Oh the Trumpets aren’t gonna like this one

Edited by Pears

42 minutes ago, Me_ said:

These are hilarious.  My favourite one is Joey Diaz talks to Doey Jiaz.  It's a bit too inappropriate to post here though :P

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pears said:

Oh the Trumpets aren’t gonna like this one

I knew Twitter don't have the balls to ban Trump. He is literally what is keeping them alive right now. 

Edited by 24K PureCool

On 8/4/2020 at 11:25 AM, Whorvat said:

Looks like a way to waste time.

I remember how far ahead of Trump the pundits had Clinton previously, looks to me the exact same thing is happening with the exact same media outlets this go around, weird innit? 

Other than the fact that Trump now has a history of totally crapping the bed as President. 
His handling of the Virus’ a total disaster.

The economy? In shambles. 
Last time he was going to remove the establishment. Now he is the establishment. 
I’m afraid the novelty has worn off. 
Couldn’t possibly be less “the same” as last time.

Bottom 5 Donald’s cure for the virus. 
Weird innit? Indeed. :blink:

On 8/4/2020 at 11:40 AM, Whorvat said:

I honestly see very little differences between 2016 and 2020, aside from the obvious COVID impact on this election.

Those numbers you're throwing out are good and all, but not when you have a POTUS who can easily sway public opinion with a couple well timed reasons (read excuses) for why the economy/jobs situation is so poor. He is also intentionally slowing down the amount of COVID tests performed, to show a gradual decrease in positive results.

Seems to me people are underestimating Trump quite a lot, just like last election cycle. For all his deficiencies, the man is far more intelligent than the average person is willing to accept. Not sure if that says more about the individual, or him. 

Disclaimer: I am not a Trump supporter. But I did predict in 2014 that he would win 2016.

Far, far, more intelligent. Person woman man camera tv. Not too many people can get that right. Some of those questions were hard, very hard!

:bigblush:

Don’t you think you’re setting the bar a wee bit low? I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. 

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)

Trump is very intelligent. He's played the media and the democrats like a fiddle and their big response is a guy who has multiple instances of very inappropriate touching caught on camera who can't get through a sentence without fumbling his words. From the side boob fondling to the hair sniffing...it's really gross. That combined with Biden's constant verbal blunders Trump will absolutely annihilate him. I almost feel sorry for the guy! He seems like a decent human but he will not beat trump.

You'd think with so much time on their hands they'd have found a better candidate to beat him rather than failing at the impeachment. The entire party is tilted. Klobachar for example was a MUCH better option. Andrew Yang also.

Edited by Ekko
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Ekko said:

Trump is very intelligent. He's played the media and the democrats like a fiddle and their big response is a guy who has multiple instances of very inappropriate touching caught on camera who can't get through a sentence without fumbling his words. From the side boob fondling to the hair sniffing...it's really gross. That combined with Biden's constant verbal blunders Trump will absolutely annihilate him. I almost feel sorry for the guy! He seems like a decent human but he will not beat trump.

You'd think with so much time on their hands they'd have found a better candidate to beat him rather than failing at the impeachment. The entire party is tilted. Klobachar for example was a MUCH better option. Andrew Yang also.

I can give you 157 000 reasons (and growing everyday) why he's not going to win and will likely be the cause of losing the Senate as well

• Thanks 1