DonLever

Donald J. Trump, Accepts GOP Renomination for President

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

They have been effed ever since the deliverance movie came out.

Paddle Faster... ...I hear banjos | Memes.com

• Burr 1

Like, I hate posting videos and I think this is a bit old but it made me laugh. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Like, I hate posting videos and I think this is a bit old but it made me laugh. 

Maybe old but still relevant 

Always liked that guys delivery 

• Hydration 1

No shame.  USPS can't handle it, but no money for USPS.  Also GOP forced USPS to fund retirement benefits for future workers who haven't been born yet.  No other organization has to do that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-usps-lacks-funds-mail-votes-opposoes-more-funding-2020-8?utm_source=reddit.com

Trump says the USPS is too poorly funded to handle mail-in voting — while opposing additional funding for it

• President Donald Trump told reporters Wednesday that the US Postal Service did not have the funds to cope with increased mail-in voting.
  • "They don't have the money to do the universal mail-in voting. So therefore, they can't do it, I guess," Trump said.
  • There are proposals to better fund the service, but they are being blocked by Republicans in Congress. Trump attacked Democrats for seeking more money for the USPS.
  • Trump again claimed mail-in votes were vulnerable to mass fraud, a concern election officials say is groundless.
  • Democrats have accused the president of seeking to delegitimize an expected surge of mail-in ballots in a bid to retain power.
  • Vintage 2

22 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

No shame.  USPS can't handle it, but no money for USPS.  Also GOP forced USPS to fund retirement benefits for future workers who haven't been born yet.  No other organization has to do that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-usps-lacks-funds-mail-votes-opposoes-more-funding-2020-8?utm_source=reddit.com

Trump says the USPS is too poorly funded to handle mail-in voting — while opposing additional funding for it

• President Donald Trump told reporters Wednesday that the US Postal Service did not have the funds to cope with increased mail-in voting.
  • "They don't have the money to do the universal mail-in voting. So therefore, they can't do it, I guess," Trump said.
  • There are proposals to better fund the service, but they are being blocked by Republicans in Congress. Trump attacked Democrats for seeking more money for the USPS.
  • Trump again claimed mail-in votes were vulnerable to mass fraud, a concern election officials say is groundless.
  • Democrats have accused the president of seeking to delegitimize an expected surge of mail-in ballots in a bid to retain power.

"the most rigged election ever". He wasn't lying. 

• Hydration 4

7 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

"the most rigged election ever". He wasn't lying. 

Hilarious.  Complains about the USPS not being to handle it but won’t give it additional funds.  Maybe he would if the workers promised to support his campaign like the federal money he “finds” for those that donated to his campaign.

• Hydration 2

12 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Hilarious.  Complains about the USPS not being to handle it but won’t give it additional funds.  Maybe he would if the workers promised to support his campaign like the federal money he “finds” for those that donated to his campaign.

Thing is, they could "fix" things by either throwing money or by removing their insane requirement to fund retirement benefits for the next 75 years.  The USPS is forced to fund benefits for workers they haven't even hired yet.  Future workers who are currently in diapers.  Future workers that haven't been born yet.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Its mind boggling that so many Americans are just fine with this. Steve Bannon knew just how easily this could be done. Guys an evil genius. 

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

Its mind boggling that so many Americans are just fine with this. Steve Bannon knew just how easily this could be done. Guys an evil genius. 

Until this bites them in the posterior and they can't figure out why their popcorn didn't come.

nikki-haley-popcorn-rant-700x350.jpg

• Haha 1

Drumpf takes care of something only he was concerned about:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/trump-changing-u-s-showerhead-rules-after-complaining-about-his-hair/ar-BB17VxnI?ocid=msedgdhp

With the U.S. in the grips of a deadly coronavirus pandemic and only three months away from a pivotal election, President Donald Trump is flexing his lawmaking powers to address a personal pet peeve: showerheads.

The Trump administration proposed new rules this week that would nix water-saving measures and increase the pressure of showerheads produced in the U.S.

Read more: Trump backs doctor who believes in COVID-19 cure and ‘demon sperm’

The proposal comes one month after the president griped at a press conference about washing his hair, saying that the water doesn't come out fast enough from his showerhead.

"So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer?" he said on July 16. "Because my hair — I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect."

Trump has rarely been photographed with his signature coif out of place. His few bad hair days appear to have been caused by wind, not showers.

The president has also complained in the past about water-saving standards around sinks and toilets. In December, for example, he described a titanic struggle to flush a toilet, without providing specifics.

"People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once," Trump claimed during a meeting with small business leaders at the White House.

It's unclear who he was referring to, or what they were trying to flush.

The existing showerhead standard requires each one to pour out no more than 9.4 litres (2.5 gallons) per minute total, regardless of how many nozzles it has. That rule was imposed in 1992 during George H.W. Bush's presidency and later tweaked under Barack Obama to apply to heads with multiple nozzles.

The Trump administration's proposal would allow 9.4 litres of water to gush out of each nozzle, rather than from the entire showerhead.

The Trump administration's Energy Department also proposed easier standards on clothes washers. The Trump administration says its regulatory rollbacks save average American households $3,100 a year. However, critics say the change would boost homeowners' water bills due to the increased flow.

An Energy Department spokesperson said the changes are about "allowing Americans — not Washington bureaucrats — to choose what kind of showerheads they have in their homes."

Read more: Trump backs Marjorie Taylor Greene, QAnon believer on a path to Congress

Conservation groups have described the changes as unnecessary and wasteful, particularly given the droughts seen along the U.S. West Coast in recent years.

Andrew deLaski, executive director of the Appliance Standards Awareness Project, said the change would be a loss for energy conservation efforts.

He told The Associated Press that with four or five shower nozzles, "you could have 10, 15 gallons per minute power out of the showerhead, literally washing you out of the bathroom."

Read more: Trump blames Spanish Flu for ending Second World War — 2 decades later

DeLaski and officials at Consumer Reports said there’s been no public outcry or need for change. The Department of Energy’s own database of 12,499 showerheads showed 74 per cent of them use 7.6 litres (two gallons) or less water per minute, which is 20 per cent less than the federal standard.

“Frankly, it’s silly,” deLaski said. “The country faces serious problems. We’ve got a pandemic, serious long-term drought throughout much of the West. We’ve got global climate change. Showerheads aren’t one of our problems.”

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Until this bites them in the posterior and they can't figure out why their popcorn didn't come.

nikki-haley-popcorn-rant-700x350.jpg

I bet Bone Spurs dreams of Haley biting him in the posterior.:lol:

(I know I do :ph34r:)

40 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I bet Bone Spurs dreams of Haley biting him in the posterior.:lol:

(I know I do :ph34r:)

Im just waiting for her and Gabbard to battle it out for his VP position after he drops Pence. 

Bone Spurs says the quiet part out loud.....<_<

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-admits-he-wants-block-usps-funding-sabotage-mail-voting-2020-8

• President Donald Trump told Fox Business on Thursday morning that he would block additional funding and election assistance for the US Postal Service to sabotage mail-in voting.
    • On Wednesday and Thursday, Trump said he would not sign off on any relief bill that includes emergency federal funds for the USPS and more money to process election-related mail.
    • "They want $25 billion — billion — for the post office. Now they need that money in order to have the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," Trump said on Thursday, adding, "But if they don't get those two items, that means you can't have universal mail-in voting."
    • Under Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, the cash-strapped USPS has implemented cost-cutting measures that experts say could harm the delivery of election-related mail.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/trump-changing-u-s-showerhead-rules-after-complaining-about-his-hair/ar-BB17VxnI?ocid=msedgdhp

With the U.S. in the grips of a deadly coronavirus pandemic and only three months away from a pivotal election, President Donald Trump is flexing his lawmaking powers to address a personal pet peeve: showerheads.

The Trump administration proposed new rules this week that would nix water-saving measures and increase the pressure of showerheads produced in the U.S.

The proposal comes one month after the president griped at a press conference about washing his hair, saying that the water doesn't come out fast enough from his showerhead.

"So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer?" he said on July 16. "Because my hair — I don't know about you, but it has to be perfect."

Trump has rarely been photographed with his signature coif out of place. His few bad hair days appear to have been caused by wind, not showers.

The president has also complained in the past about water-saving standards around sinks and toilets. In December, for example, he described a titanic struggle to flush a toilet, without providing specifics.

"People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once," Trump claimed during a meeting with small business leaders at the White House.

The existing showerhead standard requires each one to pour out no more than 9.4 litres (2.5 gallons) per minute total, regardless of how many nozzles it has. That rule was imposed in 1992 during George H.W. Bush's presidency and later tweaked under Barack Obama to apply to heads with multiple nozzles.

The Trump administration's proposal would allow 9.4 litres of water to gush out of each nozzle, rather than from the entire showerhead.

The Trump administration's Energy Department also proposed easier standards on clothes washers. The Trump administration says its regulatory rollbacks save average American households $3,100 a year. However, critics say the change would boost homeowners' water bills due to the increased flow.

An Energy Department spokesperson said the changes are about "allowing Americans — not Washington bureaucrats — to choose what kind of showerheads they have in their homes."

Read more: Trump backs Marjorie Taylor Greene, QAnon believer on a path to Congress

Conservation groups have described the changes as unnecessary and wasteful, particularly given the droughts seen along the U.S. West Coast in recent years.

Andrew deLaski, executive director of the Appliance Standards Awareness Project, said the change would be a loss for energy conservation efforts.

He told The Associated Press that with four or five shower nozzles, "you could have 10, 15 gallons per minute power out of the showerhead, literally washing you out of the bathroom."

Read more: Trump blames Spanish Flu for ending Second World War — 2 decades later

DeLaski and officials at Consumer Reports said there’s been no public outcry or need for change. The Department of Energy’s own database of 12,499 showerheads showed 74 per cent of them use 7.6 litres (two gallons) or less water per minute, which is 20 per cent less than the federal standard.

“Frankly, it’s silly,” deLaski said. “The country faces serious problems. We’ve got a pandemic, serious long-term drought throughout much of the West. We’ve got global climate change. Showerheads aren’t one of our problems.”

I have no doubt that Melania requested a stronger shower head. 

8 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I have no doubt that Melania requested a stronger shower head. 

Elizabeth Banks

40 year old virgin

that is all

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Must have watched "The Shower Head" episode of Seinfeld. 

3f49452a98e0d7e02a8f0ed76294b21d.jpg

The US says "No thanks" to an offer of help with a Covid 19 vaccine from the Russians.....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/europe/russia-us-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

Russian officials in Moscow tell CNN they have offered "unprecedented cooperation" with Operation Warp Speed (OWS), the US multi-agency body set up to accelerate access to effective Covid-19 vaccines and treatments.

But the officials told CNN that the "US is not currently open" to the Russian medical advances.

"There is a general sense of mistrust of Russia on the American side and we believe that technologies -- including vaccine, testing and treatments -- are not being adopted in US because of that mistrust," one senior Russian official told CNN.

In this case, I don't blame the Americans...

....I have it on good authority that anyone who gets a Russian vaccine has an immediate and irresistible urge to light up a smoke and drink an entire bottle of vodka.....and before you know it, they'll be listening to Prokofiev and eating perogies on Thanksgiving too....

You Yanks are better off with the microchips.
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is ghastly.

He's intentionally holding up pandemic relief so that he can block USPS funding (which is needed because the GOP passed a law to decimate them) to mess with the election.

Authoritarian. America is way too close to losing it's freedom. 

• Vintage 3

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The US says "No thanks" to an offer of help with a Covid 19 vaccine from the Russians.....

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/europe/russia-us-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

In this case, I don't blame the Americans...

....I have it on good authority that anyone who gets a Russian vaccine has an immediate and irresistible urge to light up a smoke and drink an entire bottle of vodka.....and before you know it, they'll be listening to Prokofiev and eating perogies on Thanksgiving too....

You Yanks are better off with the microchips.

There is nothing wrong with that!  My buddy lineage is Ukrainian and we did that for years ;) 

3 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

There is nothing wrong with that!  My buddy lineage is Ukrainian and we did that for years ;) 

meh, the Ukraine is WEAK!

:P

• Hydration 1