The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bouma, Monahan, Gaudreau scratched vs Toronto

HC20.0

2 hours ago, Blueberries said:

Bouma is a forward. You're thinking of Brodie.

Hartley is done in Calgary.

Doubt it. A move like this, he'd likely need support from management (and likely the team leadership core). 

Good on Calgary. They want leaders like Giordano. Guys that eat, sleep and drink getting better every day. Guys that are the first in, last out, every day. 

This is the Flames way of teaching their future leaders that this is the standard the Flames expect. And if you don't buy in to the first in, last out mentality every day, you're not going to be part of what they're building - regardless of how good you are. 

I wonder how many beers it took the 150lb hockey gnome to get drunk. Lol.  2?

But honestly, who cares about the lames.  Anything that side tracks that team and keeps them stapled to the basement for the next 25 years is fine by me.  Someone send a beer truck to Monahan's house!

12 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

Surprised at Gaudreau. Every interview I've seen of him he seems extremely mature for his age and has a lot of humility. Not as familiar with the other players' personalities. Oh well, live and learn. Young people make the odd mistake.

My thoughts exactly. Of the guys scratched, I was surprised Gaudreau was included in the mix, being late for practice and showing up hungover.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

My thoughts exactly. Of the guys scratched, I was surprised Gaudreau was included in the mix, being late for practice and showing up hungover.

Reggie Leach, who was a fabulous goal scorer and Stanley Cup winner, admitted to being hung over - even drunk - during games.  There is a story (not sure if true) that Rocket Richard was having trouble scoring as a young player, so one of the vets took him out drinking and got him hammered.  The next game the Rocket scored, and the rest is history.  I don't think the guys drinking is an issue at all; it's the being late to practice where there is a problem.

Archived