The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]Canucks 3 vs Avalanche 1

canucktican

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Everyone makes mistakes. Did you watch the Sedins in the Avs game? 

The point is we need a No1 D and Edler (cap hit $5M) has been forced into being that guy for nearly 25 mins a night for quite a few seasons without complaint. Give the guy a break.

Why would a player complain about more ice time?

5 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Sure, but he'll be back next year and if all is well, play 60+ games.

Miller is a bit long in the tooth, but he isn't so bad that he deserves only 15-20 games a year.

Not to mention it'll be a lot of money tied up in the backup.

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

A hockey team from Colorado

so full of panache and bravado

came to Vancouver

and tried to maneuver

2 points, but ended with nada

Try 'took on Vancouver'.  Otherwise, great job!

58 minutes ago, Nd1989 said:

Any update on elder and sutter yet?

Not usually a grammar cop but ... I don't get how people here (not just you) can screw up a Canuck's name on a Canucks board.  Especially when it only has 5 letters and spells the way it sounds!  ED - LER.

Just now, yes we can nucks said:

Not to mention it'll be a lot of money tied up in the backup.

Try 'took on Vancouver'.  Otherwise, great job!

Not usually a grammar cop but ... I don't get how people here (not just you) can screw up a Canuck's name on a Canucks board.  Especially when it only has 5 letters and spells the way it sounds!  ED - LER.

Because autospell is a $&!#ty feature that a lot of people miss or don't bother to edit.

2 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Well, to be fair, autospell is not going to help with a player's name.  Hey, I'm not asking for perfect spelling here. But people should be able to spell at least our heroes' names!  

My point was, when you try and type Ed-ler, sometimes autospell letters out El-der instead.

36 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Why would a player complain about more ice time?

Because, firstly it is obviously affecting his performance. He is playing what a No 1 D would play. There is always an optimum ice time for any player and to play them longer is not being fair to the player or the team.

Secondly, if that has not been bad enough he has been playing with an injury ravaged team, lightweight centres and a D that carries no weight and a line mate who thinks it's ok to be the punch bag for half the teams in the League.

I can't believe Sutter's luck.  He's been relatively injury free throughout his career.  And now he's got his second long term injury in his first year with the Nucks.  

Injuries to both Sutter and Edler couldn't come at a worse time, when we're pushing for a playoff spot.  This will make the tankers happy.  But the Canucks can surprise us.  They've played reasonably well with injuries to key players all season.  I think the Sedins and the young guns will come through for us.

17 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Because, firstly it is obviously affecting his performance. He is playing what a No 1 D would play. There is always an optimum ice time for any player and to play them longer is not being fair to the player or the team.

Secondly, if that has not been bad enough he has been playing with an injury ravaged team, lightweight centres and a D that carries no weight and a line mate who thinks it's ok to be the punch bag for half the teams in the League.

This is all true of course.  But edler has been injured as well and by committee he has been carried at times.  But so what really.

nevertheless the "no complaint" statement doesn't separate him from any other nhl player.  No nhl players complain about too much ice time.  

Alex edler is not some sort of martyr.  He's our highest paid dman.  

As you say, he is playing like a number one dman, because? 

He has accepted a contract that compensates him to perform as our number one dman.  The way I see it, he's attempting to do his job. He has no right to complain.  That doesn't make any sense at all.

the time to "complain" or speak up for him would have been while he was holding a pen in his hand with contract papers in front of him.  But he didn't.  So I wouldn't expect him to complain now.

so debatedley he's either unsuited for his role or our mgmt has failed in building an appropriate dcore and threw money at a pseudo number one guy.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Did I say he was garbage? What exactly is your point, outside of writing these banal threads?

You quoted someone who was saying he was garbage at times. What is the point of you existing? 

Archived