The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade talks and rumours

vinnymack

So trade deadline is coming up and as always there are some juicy rumours out there.  Most of the time the Vancouver Canucks aren't really highly talked about in this area especially the last few years, but given our situation in the standings this year just reaching on hope to make the playoffs with slim chances, but retooling for the future as well we are among the top teams expected to make deals. 

A few names being thrown out there are Hamhuis, Vrbata, Prust and Higgins.  Chances are that not too many teams are interested in Prust or Higgins and we would be lucky to get anything for them, but if we get anything at all I would be happy.  

Next we have Vrbata, who isn't exactly playing very good this season, so he may be hard to move.  However teams know he has a good shot and there may be teams willing to take a gamble on him especially contenders.  If we could get a prospect and a even a 3rd or 2nd that would definitely in my opinion be worth it.

Last we have Hamhuis, who is our best D man.  After watching tonights game vs Colorado he demonstrated a great defensive game being in the right position and making the right plays as he often does.  As much as I love Hamhuis and don't want to see him go, it obvious makes sense that we trade considering he is a free agent after the season and also considering he is the guy we will get the most at this point as far as value.  Washington is really interested apparently and do have things they can give us.  We may be able to get a first round pick who knows.  On the radio they mentioned how much Dan loves Vancouver and wants to play here, so they are questioning if he would waive his trade clause.  However they mentioned that this being the last year of his contract he might consider going to a contender for a cup run chance and even signing back in Vancouver the following season, which of course would be great. 

I'm hoping we can trade all the names and even add Burrows to the list, but as I said a few names are a long shot consdiering their low value to other teams.   As much as I hate to see Hamhuis in particular go, it's a no brainer that Bennig needs to listen to options to be better our future.  The rest of the names if they are gone i will not miss and would be estatic to see all go, despite what some of them have done for our city over the years, it's about the future and guys like Burrows, Vrbata, Higgins, Prust no longer fit into our future or I don't think have much left to give to the city. 

7 minutes ago, vinnymack said:

So trade deadline is coming up and as always there are some juicy rumours out there.  Most of the time the Vancouver Canucks aren't really highly talked about in this area especially the last few years, but given our situation in the standings this year just reaching on hope to make the playoffs with slim chances, but retooling for the future as well we are among the top teams expected to make deals. 

A few names being thrown out there are Hamhuis, Vrbata, Prust and Higgins.  Chances are that not too many teams are interested in Prust or Higgins and we would be lucky to get anything for them, but if we get anything at all I would be happy.  

Next we have Vrbata, who isn't exactly playing very good this season, so he may be hard to move.  However teams know he has a good shot and there may be teams willing to take a gamble on him especially contenders.  If we could get a prospect and a even a 3rd or 2nd that would definitely in my opinion be worth it.

Last we have Hamhuis, who is our best D man.  After watching tonights game vs Colorado he demonstrated a great defensive game being in the right position and making the right plays as he often does.  As much as I love Hamhuis and don't want to see him go, it obvious makes sense that we trade considering he is a free agent after the season and also considering he is the guy we will get the most at this point as far as value.  Washington is really interested apparently and do have things they can give us.  We may be able to get a first round pick who knows.  On the radio they mentioned how much Dan loves Vancouver and wants to play here, so they are questioning if he would waive his trade clause.  However they mentioned that this being the last year of his contract he might consider going to a contender for a cup run chance and even signing back in Vancouver the following season, which of course would be great. 

I'm hoping we can trade all the names and even add Burrows to the list, but as I said a few names are a long shot consdiering their low value to other teams.   As much as I hate to see Hamhuis in particular go, it's a no brainer that Bennig needs to listen to options to be better our future.  The rest of the names if they are gone i will not miss and would be estatic to see all go, despite what some of them have done for our city over the years, it's about the future and guys like Burrows, Vrbata, Higgins, Prust no longer fit into our future or I don't think have much left to give to the city. 

You mentioned if we could get a prospect + for Vrbata it would be worth it. If we're going to use Vrbata in the bottom 6, just take whatever you can get for him. A 2nd? Sold. A 3rd? Sold. The open roster spot let's McCann or Cracknell move in since Dorsett can play both sides. Vrbata is expendable at this point and was a free agent we didn't give up anything to get. Just get rid of him for whatever is being offered.

2 hours ago, Boddy604 said:

You mentioned if we could get a prospect + for Vrbata it would be worth it. If we're going to use Vrbata in the bottom 6, just take whatever you can get for him. A 2nd? Sold. A 3rd? Sold. The open roster spot let's McCann or Cracknell move in since Dorsett can play both sides. Vrbata is expendable at this point and was a free agent we didn't give up anything to get. Just get rid of him for whatever is being offered.

I ahree but if I am Benning I am selling a 30G sniper with hopes of getting a 1st. If his hands are tied then yes a 2nd or 3rd will be great for a player we didnt give up anything to get.

This is new <sarc>...why oh why do people continually have to make new threads on the same subjects over and over and over again. It really does get annoying to have to copy and paste comments on the subject into 6 different threads. I've said it before, I hate mini-mods, I hate playing the mini-mod, but I mean c'mon man!

2 things need to happen:

1/ the first responding poster (OUTSIDERS in this case) should responsibly bring it to the attention of the OP that there are many (should only be one) thread on the subject

2/ Mods should be quick to fold any new threads on an existing topic into one thread...I believe if this happens often and regularly people will get the notion...then you only need to moderate the existing threads, not the million other variations.

Apologies for my rant, but jeez, enough is enough already.

1 hour ago, ABNuck said:

This is new <sarc>...why oh why do people continually have to make new threads on the same subjects over and over and over again. It really does get annoying to have to copy and paste comments on the subject into 6 different threads. I've said it before, I hate mini-mods, I hate playing the mini-mod, but I mean c'mon man!

2 things need to happen:

1/ the first responding poster (OUTSIDERS in this case) should responsibly bring it to the attention of the OP that there are many (should only be one) thread on the subject

2/ Mods should be quick to fold any new threads on an existing topic into one thread...I believe if this happens often and regularly people will get the notion...then you only need to moderate the existing threads, not the million other variations.

Careful, or folks will start giving you the 'Elvis' treatment. :P

11 hours ago, vinnymack said:

You do realize there is a forum specifically for this talk, and there has already been numerous threads about this exact topic. 

12 hours ago, McHortanen said:

I ahree but if I am Benning I am selling a 30G sniper with hopes of getting a 1st. If his hands are tied then yes a 2nd or 3rd will be great for a player we didnt give up anything to get.

We have zero chances of getting a 1st for Vrbata, considering how bad his year is this year and that he can't find the back of the net this season.  No team will gamble a first for a player not getting it done.  At some point you have to accept what your going to get for him and be ready to take it. 

7 hours ago, ABNuck said:

2 things need to happen:

Elvis15 is that you?

Archived