The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Valeri Nichuskin

Boddy604

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14756466/nhl-central-division-buyers-sellers-trade-deadline

ESPN's Custance reporting Valeri Nichuskin may be available as the Stars are seeking help on the blueline.

http://canucksarmy.com/2016/2/11/valeri-nichushkin-is-available-should-the-canucks-yes

J.D. Burke also reporting the same thing.

A player like Nichuskin would take more to secure than just a rental like Hamhuis (especially considering Hamhuis would just come back to Vancouver anyways if given the chance) but this is the kind of guy that's right up Benning's alley.

A highly touted prospect that has slipped down the depth chart a bit due to injury and has lower value right now than he probably ever will again.

Listed as a 6'4 205 LB 20 year old RW, he's basically everything the Canucks are looking for when Vrbata is gone.

Not sure how much it would cost but it's definitely an attractive idea.

i think i might be overvaluing Nichuskins top end talent though. He hasn't proven enough to be an impact player on a line with lesser players.  He played that game vs the nux with seguin and benn.  you can stick anyone on that line and they'd probably look good.  I wouldn't do hammer for Nichuskin.  We got a lot of forward offensive talent.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

No thanks.

This.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

agreed........I've never been completely sold on tanev, and he's looking a ,ittle exposed without edler there

B-b-but Tanev covers for all of Edler's constant brain farts and is Jebus on skates! :rolleyes:

That said, I wouldn't move Tanev for VN either.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Why are people suggesting we should trade a defenceman for a forward? We are already have enough depth up front, and not enough depth on the blueline. Our need is a defenceman, not a forward.

because I believe fwds are better developed, while dmen are better poached as RFA, signed as UFA or traded for.  In this case, dallas is looking for a stable, veteran dman and willing to give up a big power fwd who might become a dominant player a year or two down the road......sometimes a deal comes along you don't plan for and you have to move on it.

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

its gonna cost a trouba type of d man in return

Exactly this. And let's just say for arguments sake that the Jets were to actually move Trouba, because they have one too many RHD now, he's worth more than just Nichuskin at this point. Not that Nich isn't good, but Trouba has been developing really well over the past couple seasons. The Stars would not only have to add, but probably quite a bit, if only due to the fact that the Stars are in the same division.

Archived