The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Museum of CDC

Qwags

I would like to introduce you to a user named "Shirotashi".

The whole thread is good for jokes, but this was his second point about the Canuck brand being damaged. Joey Kenward is one of the reasons. LOL.

2. The end of the last point is a great segue into this point, remember the confetti on the ground that players where almost tripping over in the '11 playoffs? Very symbolic don't you think? Classic oversqueezing, circle jerking and general f1ckary from Van media and Van PR. This still continues unchecked to this day. Ill break this point down into two sub points, the general PR for the Canucks and the outside media. The PR, which is just a term I'm using to describe the Canucks overall media operations internally, which in my eyes consists of Kenward and crew John Garret and John Shorthouse, and basically the overall direction of the PR dept idk honestly the names of the people. Kenward is a well meaning cheese doodle IMHO, he serves up huge softball questions everytime. Hell ask the same question to 4 different players, its like he only knows 12 question grand total to ask anyone on any given day. Then you consider some of the questions the media ask the players and I'm thinking to myself "do people read this shyt?" I'm having a hard time articulating this point sorry I just feel like the media gets on the players to up their game but when do you see similar evolution from the media? How have they grown in their presentation of the news to us and reaching the fans to I guess better accentuate our feelings? No checks and balances with these people I swear to god they think we care who they are. We don't, we just want you to ask ACTUAL questions and be reactive not static in your approach. I feel like this damaged the brand because the whole PR polices on whole are basically non existent. No oversight it seems, no checks and balances. This is all evident with the complete lack of evolution in our own team based PR. Look at the job the Leafs do in this regard yes they have a history and are one of the original 6, so are 5 other teams, I would argue the Leafs are the most talked about team in the NHL, and they are because the PR drives them to be.

Archived