The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Add the Kings to teams interested in Dan Hamhuis.

Ilya Mikheyev

LeBrun: I know Kings have talked about Hamhuis internally, top defenseman on the market.

Video here, statement near the end: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/does-phaneuf-trade-help-in-leafs-pursuit-of-stamkos~805155

Speculation from Bob McKenzie: So, basically everything is still on the table. If Hamhuis were prepared to waive his NTC, he could conceivably make a run with a contender and circle back to Vancouver on July 1. He could just stay put and play out the string with the Canucks and go UFA. He could re-up in Vancouver.

Important to note that Ehrhoff just cleared waivers in L.A. as well. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

As the top defencemen on the market I'd pass and see if anyone else could beat the offer

True, but if that's the return we get, I'd be happy with it.  A very good prospect that is a product of MODO and a 2nd rounder would be a very nice return.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I was thinking the same if that was the best offer, but I'd rather see if we could get Bowey from Washington first. 

Oh for sure.  Bowey is the guy we need to try and target, but not sure if Washington would wanna give him up.  They'd probably much rather give up draft picks.

Not having the 1st round pick and not wanting to part with a roster player that would be useful for their run makes the Kings a tough fit as a trading partner.

Nothing they would offer would beat a decent offer from Washington like their 1st and Seigenthaler (we aren't getting Bowie for a rental)

Nobody has even mentioned Florida who must want to make some moves for a long playoff run considering where they are in the standings.  They also have a plethora of young talent to go the other way.

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

As the top defencemen on the market I'd pass and see if anyone else could beat the offer

This, now that the Kings (cup contender) are in on the bidding this will do well to ensure we get a good price.  I've stated many times before if Hammer is in on it and wants to circle back it would be win win. I personally think he helps solidify our D during rebuild so would like to sign him.

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Hopefully LA and Wash get into a bidding war like its a house on the West Side of Vancouver.

Problem is, with Washington having a 1st (and Bowey) in their arsenal of assets, LA vs Capitals would be the same as me vs a foreign investor lol.  There'd be no 'war'.

Archived