The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The owners should sell the Canucks

Stanky Legs

To someone who is not only after the dollars but are willing to take the step of complete rebuild and not only aim for a first round playoff exit.

This is in response to Friedman's revelation tonight that the Aqualuni's are handcuffing JB on a complete tear down of the current team.

17 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

To someone who is not only after the dollars but are willing to take the step of complete rebuild and not only aim for a first round playoff exit.

This is in response to Friedman's revelation tonight that the Aqualuni's are handcuffing JB on a complete tear down of the current team.

He believes that is the case.  That is the opninion of a media rep.  Linden seemed pretty adiment that we dont full tank if you had heard his interview earlier this year on tsn1040. he got emotionally upset over the commentators even saying we should full tank. 

That just Elliots opinion of the situation .  It isnt what JB or TL said.  I dont think Lindens gonna be bullied by the aquamen.

23 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

A lot of the flack Gillis takes are Aquamans orders. Luongo deal, tortorella contract and non-Kesler deal...all owners orders

Just now, Rush17 said:

He believes that is the case.  That is the opninion of a media rep.  Linden seemed pretty adiment that we dont full tank if you had heard his interview earlier this year on tsn1040. he got emotionally upset over the commentators even saying we should full tank. 

That just Elliots opinion of the situation .  It isnt what JB or TL said.  I dont think Lindens gonna be bullied by the aquamen.

Friedman is very well respected and connected in the hockey circle. Unless he specifically stated that he was speculating, what he said is likely true.

Aquaman is the boss, he is the guy that pays the salaries, you do pretty much what he says. I have always had a negative opinion on the guy, so I find this a lot easier to believe. 

Just now, chickenman92 said:

A lot of the flack Gillis takes are Aquamans orders. Luongo deal, tortorella contract and non-Kesler deal...all owners orders

This. Refusal to spend a few extra mil every year to make the Luongo contract go away is another. Retention and cap recapture could have been avoided.

Archived