The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Burrows willing to waive no trade

Canucks' Burrows would be willing to waive no-trade clause

Craig HagermanFeb 13 2016, 7:00 PM

Vancouver Canucks forward Alex Burrowswill not stop management from making any deals.

If the Canucks want to deal Burrows, he would be willing to waive his no-trade clause, Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman reported during the Saturday Headlines segment.

Burrows has one year remaining on his four-year, $18-million contract, and is scheduled to make $3 million next season, according to generalfanager.com

The 34-year-old has just seven goals and 16 points in 52 games this season.

Was just about to make this exact thread, glad someone did.

If we're willing to retain salary/cap I could see us being able to move him somewhere. I don't particularly want to because of history, but it'd free up a much needed spot for youth and that's the direction we're going.

Just now, HenButton said:

Thanks for the thread.

Gotta wonder if maybe Burrows REQUESTED a trade?????

Good point.  This sounds like something an agent would leak.  The irony is Burrows has no value.  The only place he would go that's not Vancouver, would be Utica.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I have a feeling Florida is going to trade for Ladd, maybe Burr aswell?

I think if burrows is a bit cheaper to get they rather bring him in. He already has history with luongo and would fit in better. Better chance he resigns then Ladd imo. I could be bias though.  I see Burrows wanting to go out east and be closer to his family in Quebec. Maybe even Boston goes after him. He would fit nicely with merchand :P. Seriously though would a player growing up a Montreal  go to Boston?

1 minute ago, milk and honey said:

I think if burrows is a bit cheaper to get they rather bring him in. He already has history with luongo and would fit in better. Better chance he resigns then Ladd imo. I could be bias though.  I see Burrows wanting to go out east and be closer to his family in Quebec. Maybe even Boston goes after him. He would fit nicely with merchand :P. Seriously though would a player growing up a Montreal  go to Boston?

Burrows has 1 more year left on this contract.

Archived