The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wild @ Canucks - MON - FEB15 - 7PM - SNP

numb3r 16

41 minutes ago, apollo said:

So what Bo is out? -27 

He's without a doubt the most overrated player on this team. 

Apollo, I've always written you off as this boards biggest Canucks fan that sacrifices logic and rationality to support this team to your full extent.

Lost a lot of respect for you on this post. Simply writing off a 20 year old that is actually having an excellent year (point per game over the last 15 games, much more than the Sedins) because of a poor +/- stat? You do realize how inflated the +/- stat is because of the minutes Horvat plays against top line opposition right? 

Pretty disappointed to see you berating one of this team's only bright spots this year, particularly considering he'll likely be the Canucks' future captain. 

Will remind you of this post in 5 years.

If Bo is out why not:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-McCann-Virtanen

Burrows-Vey-Hansen

Dorsett-Cracknell/Friesen-Etem

- maybe Vrbata will try (long shot I know).

- Give the young line offensive zone starts and pp time.

- Hansen-Vey-Burrows can do the defensive zone stuff.

-Etem needs to get back to being a consistent physical presence.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If Bo is out why not:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-McCann-Virtanen

Burrows-Vey-Hansen

Dorsett-Cracknell/Friesen-Etem

- maybe Vrbata will try (long shot I know).

- Give the young line offensive zone starts and pp time.

- Hansen-Vey-Burrows can do the defensive zone stuff.

-Etem needs to get back to being a consistent physical presence.

that would be the logical lineup to ice if you were trying to make the playoffs. regardless of the outcome I think its atleast a week still before we make any moves. Benning said they would discuss more after their scout meeting which is a week tomorrow, ala week leading up to deadline day

Are you guys really all that surprised TOR beat us he other day? I mean look at that lineup in the OP, even with Horvat in, TO pbbly had better overall lineup and the fact they play so hard (Babcock) makes it pretty easy to understand why they beat us.

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Based on: nothing

1. Historical evidence last year "because we are pushing for the playoffs". Same as the stated approach this year.

2. Benning's own actions/comments regarding UFA players.

Benning is not a bluff kind of guy. If he says it he will most often just do it. What their is no evidence of is that he will do what is needed this year at the deadline. I hope I a wrong but I doubt he will.

Arent you the same guy who thinks we are playing really well this year?

Love the Nucks, but hope the Wild win this one, Arizona, Anaheim keep winning.  Maybe it'll finally lay the whole idea of playoffs to rest.  At least then we all know where we stand.  Sell off some vets, etc.

2 hours ago, PLOGUE said:

Etem hasn't been very impressive.  For a guy fighting to keep his job his effort level has been very poor.  Reminds me of Kassian.  Has the skills, too lazy to use them.  Hopefully this kick starts him into working hard every night.

I don't know what games you've been watching.

11 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

1. Historical evidence last year "because we are pushing for the playoffs". Same as the stated approach this year.

2. Benning's own actions/comments regarding UFA players.

Benning is not a bluff kind of guy. If he says it he will most often just do it. What their is no evidence of is that he will do what is needed this year at the deadline. I hope I a wrong but I doubt he will.

Arent you the same guy who thinks we are playing really well this year?

We're not the 100 point team we were last year though. BIG DIFFERENCE when comparing "history"

If we lose even 2 of the next 5, we're finished. We'll be looking at a 8+ point deficit to try and come out of just to take the 2nd wild card.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

CUP or BUST homie!! 

Go Canucks Go. Cut me and watch me bleed sedinery (doesn't make sense but believe that!) 

So what Bo is out? -27 

He's without a doubt the most overrated player on this team. 

Vey day is upon us... Feast your eyes. VEYDAY! 

Are you drunk?!?

1 minute ago, Boddy604 said:

We're not the 100 point team we were last year though. BIG DIFFERENCE when comparing "history"

If we lose even 2 of the next 5, we're finished. We'll be looking at a 8+ point deficit to try and come out of just to take the 2nd wild card.

The only thing that matters is what Benning/Linden THINK we can be. They seem convinced that we are a playoff team so seem tone operating on the assumption we will make the playoffs despite overwhelming reality that it is a long shot at best. Unless we are mathematically out of the playoffs at the deadline I am willing to bet they move no one of significance.

Archived