The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Lasting Look

USAHockey99

The Canucks have changed their logo and jerseys more than any other team. I like our current look but seeing the throwback jerseys when we lost to the Leafs made me think how good blackout looks on goalies and skaters. If we were to change again or not what do you all think would be the best option, Go back to the old or make a new and lasting impression?

I liked the black out jersey with downhill facing skate.

But the blue with green trim is the true color of the team. We just need to get rid of the birthing orca with the word Vancouver arcing across the top. If you need to put the name of your city name on the logo to tell people where you're from, it's a crap logo.

Slap a full size Johnny Canuck logo on there without any reference to Van and now we're talking classic.

zigzag1.jpg or th?id=OIP.M61cc1f7b906620db7e56c2a7cfcbc

I also think we can do more with the color scheme, like reversing the current trim and main colors to look something like this:

fOlhUux.jpg

2 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

But the blue with green trim is the true color of the team. We just need to get rid of the birthing orca with the word Vancouver arcing across the top. If you need to put you city name on the logo to tell people where you're from, it's a crap logo.

Slap a full size Johnny Canuck logo on there without any reference to Van and now we're talking classic.

zigzag1.jpg

Is the BIG V in the Johnny Canuck logo not a reference to the city?  The Johnny guy makes the middle of the V (for Vancouver).  Is he not charging out of the V, representing he's playing for our city?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is the BIG V in the Johnny Canuck logo not a reference to the city?  The Johnny guy makes the middle of the V (for Vancouver).  Is he not charging out of the V, representing he's playing for our city?  

What are you talking about?

What part of "if you need to put the name of your city across the logo" confuses you?

I like the current logo and colours honestly. 

If (when) the team decides to mix it up and change things, it should be a brand new logo. There's not point going back to an old one.

1 minute ago, MJDDawg said:

What are you talking about?

What part of "if you need to put the name of your city across the logo" confuses you?

"without any reference to Van "  

This part.  The big V, that Johnny is charging out of in the crest, is referring to which city - Allhallows? :lol:  I like the logo too, but only if there is context.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

"without any reference to Van "  

This part.  The big V, that Johnny is charging out of in the crest, is referring to which city - Allhallows? :lol:  I like the logo too, but only if there is context.

Again, I said "name"...not "letter". But whatever.

Most logos do not need to incorporate the full city/ province/ state's name. A classic logo will do that on its own.

35 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

But the blue with green trim is the true color of the team. We just need to get rid of the birthing orca with the word Vancouver arcing across the top. If you need to put the name of your city name on the logo to tell people where you're from, it's a crap logo.

I also think we can do more with the color scheme, like reversing the current trim and main colors to look something like this:

fOlhUux.jpg

I wonder what these would look like in the black/ orange and red?

30 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

fOlhUux.jpg

Looks like a junior team to me this will never be a main logo maybe a warmup jersey but as a main jersey hells no. If this ever became the new logo I don't know what I'd do?  

10 minutes ago, Yukoncanuck87 said:

Using the Johnny Canuck logo will make us a laughing stock of the league guarantee.. 

So true.  Kind of reminds me of the original Anaheim Mighty Ducks jersey.  I don't like cartoony logos.  Hate Pens as well.

Just leave the jersey as is.  No need to keep changing them. 

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Leave it as a cartoony whale..? :P

46 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

The logo we have now is fine. The C is representative of the Canucks. The whale is representative of the area, the haida art it's done in is representative of the history of the area. Not sure why you feel Vancouver shouldn't be represented in a Vancouver team. 

Archived