The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-30 club

hatrix

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Baertschi was sheltered for the first few months, while Horvat was handling the harder minutes left behind by an absent Sutter.

Up to November but in December him and Horvat were the lowest on the team in zone start percentage at 5v5 with Vrbata the only other forward at under 50%.  They are regularly the lowest on the team now as with Sutter out they are the designated shutdown line.

I believe we've one 7 of the last 35 in regulation as well. The writing is on the wall, and it's undeniable. I truly believe part of the reason the Redwings succeed is because they don't want for everything to fall apart before they make changes.

4 hours ago, hatrix said:

Was checking plus minus as I was sure that Horvat finally reached the plateau thanks to Willie's magnificent line deployments (bad changes, all defensive zone draws, empty nets, etc), and lazy line mates.  So many times I saw him just getting on the ice while the other team scores because the center coming off was changing late and out of position (Vey/Hank), earning him another beautiful -1.

Sure enough he is now -30.  I thought he would be the leader of the NHL, but then I just realized that for some reason Vrbata is actually the real leader at -32 :D. 

(For the record, I think only Horvat, Hutton, and Markstrom are our next cornerstones. Everyone else on the current roster should be moved and replaced.)

Bo's +/- is nothing to do with Willie it has everything to do with Sutter getting crocked. He was playing 4th line last season with good vets and then was put on the 2nd line.

The rest of your post imo is fantasy.

3 hours ago, apollo said:

How about Bo and vrby should stop playing like garbage? 

Willie is to blame in large part but when u got two guys - 30, it's their own fault. 

I just recently started posting but I've been reading CDC for a while now...Desi used to piss me off the most for the longest time now you've come on. I'm pretty sure u used to be pretty chill but now I feel like u got hit by a train or smt and lost a lot of brain cells.

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

Vrbata is poison to whomever team mates he has.  Its a yuuuuuge disadvantage. Its like playing on a line with 2.5 players. A floater that refuses to engage in the physical aspect of the game. So because of that, Vrby is always giving up the puck and it goes back the other way regularly for a scoring chance. Then he skates back but is also terrible without the puck and basically just waves his stick around and hopes someone else gets the puck back.

Especially taking into account his cap hit, I can't wait until he is off the team.

So who will want Vrbata at -32? may have to put him with Prust and Higgins for conditioning

1 hour ago, numb3r 16 said:

I just recently started posting but I've been reading CDC for a while now...Desi used to piss me off the most for the longest time now you've come on. I'm pretty sure u used to be pretty chill but now I feel like u got hit by a train or smt and lost a lot of brain cells.

One in the same?  Doppelganger? I find both their posts deflating and they are not true fans. 

I don't think anyone would take Vrbata. He looks like he doesn't care on the ice and for a team to give the Canucks anything for him would be a miracle.

Did the Sedins really make that much of a difference to him? He scored 30 goals last year, how could he decline so much in just one year?

5 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Bo did get off to a bad start,but I think that his minuses have increased because he plays on the PK,and he's been on the ice for countless empty netters by the opposing team..

Baertschi has been responsible defensively..Even in last nights Calgary game he was + 1.

PK's don't attribute to getting a minus when you're scored on. Only time you get a +/- rating is when the PK scores a shorthanded goal

You have to keep in mind how snake bit Hovat was, your going to give up goals, young player, team playing badly, if you do not put pucks in the net, and or dominate the offensive zone, you going to have bad +/- You have huge stretched where Vrbata and Horvat put up zeros for goals/points. Still letting in goals against with nothing to balance out the +/-

And you cannot avoid the glaring flaw to the +/- stat in general, you might be on the ice and have nothing to do with the goal against.

Bo will be the captain one day soon, Next year Bo will be on a first line, that doesnt have a Sedin. 

Vancouver will play .500 hockey for most of the year.

Goaltending will separate this team from other mediocre clubs.

By the end of 2016/2017 Who ever is on Vancouvers bench will be in line for a Jack Adams. 

I think ill grab another beer too.  

7 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Bo did get off to a bad start,but I think that his minuses have increased because he plays on the PK,and he's been on the ice for countless empty netters by the opposing team..

Baertschi has been responsible defensively..Even in last nights Calgary game he was + 1.

You only get a minus if you are scored against at even strength or when you are on the PP. 

Archived