Sign in to follow this  
DonLever

Brexit - UK Leaves European Union

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

That was a response to Hip who was wondering why Conservatives tend to be homogeneous.  Compare the 2016 freshman GOP congressman/woman to the DNC class.  Hardly a diverse group on the GOP side and hardly narrow minded.  

As for their values, I can guess that the majority of them are progun, pro-birth, Christian, pro trickle down economics.  

Diverse....white people come from all over the world so how do you judge that?.....

your probably right about where they stand though for the most part but they all value them in different orders or most usually do......

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What thread is this?

Maybe the mods will allow a cheap shot thread for all the bluster?

Ya.  I'm done responding to those here.  RS can take his JT hating back to the multiple threads on the subject.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What thread is this?

Maybe the mods will allow a cheap shot thread for all the bluster?

Exactly..it's a thread on Boris and the limeys.

7 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Ya.  I'm done responding to those here.  RS can take his JT hating back to the multiple threads on the subject.

Good. Considering you were one of the derailers. Keep your American talk in the countless threads you detail with everything america.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Feels like home for you hey?

Not really.

For the price of my home in south surrey ..... i could probably purchase a street of homes in Calgary...  

Especially now with Calgarys economy tanked and so many people fleeing the city...

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Exactly..it's a thread on Boris and the limeys.

I see what you did there 

.B)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

even white is a colour

Well, technically it's the absence of colour. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Not really.

For the price of my home in south surrey ..... i could probably purchase a street of homes in Calgary...  

Especially now with Calgarys economy tanked and so many people fleeing the city...

I live in chestermere not Calgary. But Calgary is bigger that Surrey and Vancouver. 

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I see what you did there 

.B)

:gocan:

42 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Diverse....white people come from all over the world so how do you judge that?.....

your probably right about where they stand though for the most part but they all value them in different orders or most usually do......

I think it was Morgan Stanley who stated on Thursday they would not under write any company going public if their Boards did not have women or visible minorities on them. 

IMHO that was way out of line. I always thought people should be judged by their actions not their gender or colour. If they are establishing quotas, like their college admittance quotas, I have no idea how that would be administered. % of the population? % of immigrants? % of gender (whatever that is now a days). HR departments must be going crazy. It is like Pocohantas, what % makes the cut?    

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think it was Morgan Stanley who stated on Thursday they would not under write any company going public if their Boards did not have women or visible minorities on them. 

IMHO that was way out of line. I always thought people should be judged by their actions not their gender or colour. If they are establishing quotas, like their college admittance quotas, I have no idea how that would be administered. % of the population? % of immigrants? % of gender (whatever that is now a days). HR departments must be going crazy. It is like Pocohantas, what % makes the cut?    

I believe that

was Goldman Sachs

pretty funny stuff. Affirmative action ftw...

35 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sounds like a great idea.  Women need more opportunities for leadership in business.   Successful female board members will serve as role models for so many up and coming younger business women.  Women have many systemic barriers currently they face that make it more difficult then men to get into these types of positions.... Morgan Stanley should be commended on their leadership and support for women.

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I thought it was Texas?

It just wishes it was Texas...Id go with Oklahoma ..  Texas' inbred neighbor. 

;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

@thedestroyerofworlds judging people By the colour of their skin and not knowing anything else about them.....even white is a colour

racist bruce lee GIF

White isn't a color. Neither is black. 

"Visible light is electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths ranging from roughly 400 and 700 nanometers. ... Black and white are not colors because they do not have specific wavelengths. Instead, white light contains all wavelengths of visible light. Black, on the other hand, is the absence of visible light." 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

@thedestroyerofworlds judging people By the colour of their skin and not knowing anything else about them.....even white is a colour

racist bruce lee GIF

Might be more than judging based on skin colour.  Assuming certain behaviour and character traits based on colour is racist.  Then judging those character traits as superior or inferior is taking another step into super racism. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Might be more than judging based on skin colour.  Assuming certain behaviour and character traits based on colour is racist.  Then judging those character traits as superior or inferior is taking another step into super racism. 

Just like trump....his racist but that doesn't mean all his supporters are.....

just like alot of liberals are a pain but doesn't mean there all pains and some  come up with good ideas.....

( sorry liberals I don't know much about that side) 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, technically it's the absence of colour. 

which indicates purity ?

ok ok

i'm just messing with everyone

:frantic:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

It just wishes it was Texas...Id go with Oklahoma ..  Texas' inbred neighbor. 

;)

Someone once told me Mississippi.  Wouldn't Saskatchewan be closer to Mississippi. 

so_close.png

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Really curious as to what is going to happen re, ireland / Northern Ireland now....hopefully not a renewal of "troubles"....

the agreement that Boris and Leo came up with makes it so that all inspections of goods/tax/paperwork bs is conducted at the ports so goods going south won't need to be inspected again. It minimizes the land border in this context, which was the biggest threat to peace. There are still other threats but I think (hope/pray) they can be managed

On 1/24/2020 at 2:24 PM, kingofsurrey said:

I am looking forward to visiting the UK when their pound is worth about 10 cents canadian.....

Good times when i buy a pint of guiness there for 50 cents Canadian.....   

since Guinness is brewed in Dublin and is obviously in the republic it will be staying in the EU and therefore likely to become a highly expensive imported beer in the UK. but yeah I can't wait til the english economy is like that to go visit. :)

• Hydration 1