The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Season Tickets Thread

DonaldBrashear

There is an "early bird renewal bonus" if you renew by March 4th. They really want to get people renewed I imagine. The renewal prizes are a lot more plentiful than last year but I was expecting a LOT more. Like a signed jersey for EVERYONE.

---------

EARLY BIRD RENEWAL BONUS - MARCH 4th, 2016

By renewing by March 4, you'll have the opportunity to win one of the below!

•500 - The first 500 members to renew receive a complimentary pair of tickets to a game this season.
•10 - Pre-season suite rentals (2016.17 Season)
•5 - Game worn jerseys presented by a player post-game (2016.17 Season)
•5 -  Team signed jerseys
•1 - Opportunity to watch a game from the GM’s Box (2016.17 Season)

So I'm reading through the updated terms and I see this new little paragraph has been added. This is Definitely a new paragraph.

8. Tickets are intended for personal use by the Member and are not intended for commercial resale unless expressly authorized by CSE.  CSE acknowledges that there may be circumstances where a Member requires the ability to resell Tickets for non-commercial purposes.  CSE may provide or designate an authorized electronic ticket purchase, resale and/or transfer system(s) for use by the Member.  Use of any such system(s) remains subject to the terms of this Agreement and any terms and conditions of the system (including those specified by any third party operator of the system).  CSE may at any time in its sole discretion: (i) suspend, modify, replace and/or discontinue the system(s) and/or (ii) revoke or discontinue the Member’s access to and/or use of the system(s) for breach of this Agreement or the terms and conditions of the system.  The Member acknowledges and agrees that, except through the use of any such system(s), the resale of a Ticket at a price higher than the box office price of the Ticket is prohibited.

With everything going on with the Yankees (removing the "Print at home" feature) I wonder if the Canucks are going to crack down o n resale of tickets. They could very well implement a system that forces people to sell their tickets on Ticketmaster and not be able to use stubhub. Just something to keep in mind... read the fine print.

8 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

With everything going on with the Yankees (removing the "Print at home" feature) I wonder if the Canucks are going to crack down o n resale of tickets. They could very well implement a system that forces people to sell their tickets on Ticketmaster and not be able to use stubhub. Just something to keep in mind... read the fine print.

Good find bro. Sucks for season ticket holders. That just means the building will be more empty.

I got a call to purchase season tickets but deciding not too. Been on the list for like 8 years. Tired of ownership mortgaging the future for short term gains.

I laughed out loud at this:

Finally, this is the time of year we traditionally share playoff ticket information as well. The new technology of the membership portal now allows us to communicate about playoffs at a later date. More details will be shared in the coming weeks.

The "new technology" of the membership portal? Good god. Just say it... "We're probably not making the playoffs, so we aren't bothering to send playoff info out". Don't make up some crazy story. Pretty funny :)

33 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

There is an "early bird renewal bonus" if you renew by March 4th. They really want to get people renewed I imagine. The renewal prizes are a lot more plentiful than last year but I was expecting a LOT more. Like a signed jersey for EVERYONE.

---------

EARLY BIRD RENEWAL BONUS - MARCH 4th, 2016

By renewing by March 4, you'll have the opportunity to win one of the below!

•500 - The first 500 members to renew receive a complimentary pair of tickets to a game this season.
•10 - Pre-season suite rentals (2016.17 Season)
•5 - Game worn jerseys presented by a player post-game (2016.17 Season)
•5 -  Team signed jerseys
•1 - Opportunity to watch a game from the GM’s Box (2016.17 Season)

at least more perks than previous years...  usually they give free season tickets to one or STH for early bird renewals..

Renewed my 6 seats right away.  I got that free game last year for being in the first 500....it was lower bowl against colorado.

Will be looking to move to upper bowl 4 this summer.  I have good upper bowl 2 and they are barely going to break even.

If the Canucks want people to use their ticket exchange, then they need to make it usable.  Their lowest amount you can list for is too high for many games and they just won't sell.  Otherwise the total fees are very close to stubhub, and in Canadian money

5 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Renewed my 6 seats right away.  I got that free game last year for being in the first 500....it was lower bowl against colorado.

Will be looking to move to upper bowl 4 this summer.  I have good upper bowl 2 and they are barely going to break even.

If the Canucks want people to use their ticket exchange, then they need to make it usable.  Their lowest amount you can list for is too high for many games and they just won't sell.  Otherwise the total fees are very close to stubhub, and in Canadian money

Upper Bowl 4's weren't much better to sell this year, maybe worse. Selection will be poor again for UB4 too I am guessing.

11 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Upper Bowl 4's weren't much better to sell this year, maybe worse. Selection will be poor again for UB4 too I am guessing.

Did you pick the ticket exchange/upgrade option?  

This year I REALLY plan to take advantage of this.  Last year I just traded my Tampa Bay tickets for Montreal.  ST. Louis for 2 Edmonton games and a Calgary game.  This might be the only reason I stay out of the red overall  LOL

Not sure they had a limit on how many tickets you can trade.....I will even swap my preseason Coyote game for the Oilers.

Been on the waitlist for 5 years now and been offered tickets for the past 2 seasons. Decided to get off the list this time around, money is way better spent elsewhere. Getting out to downtown every other night after work just seems like such a burden to, I'd rather relax on the comfort of a couch with  cheap beer 

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Doesnt matter..  Pretty much whole upper bowl is selling around the same price on secondary market so might as well get UB4.  At least u won't lose much $$$..   With dynamic pricing, less like teams only cost $33 for UB4.  

Just now, jovocop55 said:

Doesnt matter..  Pretty much whole upper bowl is selling around the same price on secondary market so might as well get UB4.  At least u won't lose much $$$..   With dynamic pricing, less like teams only cost $33 for UB4.  

That's what I have been noticing.  For good games I am still more than making up the extra $20 UB2 cost.  But for crap games.

I am selling for $5-$10 more only.  

Archived