The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Season Tickets Thread

DonaldBrashear

12 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

After the draft and free agency, I expect people will jump back on the wagon. 

Like maybe we'll get Matthews and Chychrun at the draft. Then Sign Lucic and Stamkos at free agency? And then trade Sedins for Crosby and Malkin? We would have 10 NHL centres.

Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Matthews

Sutter
Horvat
McCann
Granlund
Vey
Cracknell

Never lose a draw again. ;) 

18 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Renewal emails just went out for the 2016/17 Season. Prices are staying the same (as expected) with some lower priced lower bowl seats now added. So prices are actually dropping.

Do you have season tickets?

Will you be renewing?

Yes I have Season Tickets, and yes, I have already renewed!

:towel:

Town hall at 7am??  I hope they have some pancakes ready....

Hopefully no kids will be there.  Was it last year or the year before they had some kid ask Linden about if he like Bure.

I am sitting there thinking I drove all the way from Whiterock for this.....and its all staged softball questions

2015-2016 is my first season as a season ticket member (got Full season), I got a seat up at the UB2....

I am a die hard and just go the games by myself (hence just one seat).  Been to 80% of the games this season.  Debating about renewing, will wait after the monday trade deadline and see.

Here's a side question for you guys--how difficult is it to buy a single seat from the secondary market (i.e. stubhub, CL) as obviously most seats are sold as pairs.  I am just thinking if i don't renew, and still want to go to the games from time to time next year by myself, then i can still consider getting a single seat from the secondary market, if that's not too difficult.

14 minutes ago, bt116 said:

2015-2016 is my first season as a season ticket member (got Full season), I got a seat up at the UB2....

I am a die hard and just go the games by myself (hence just one seat).  Been to 80% of the games this season.  Debating about renewing, will wait after the monday trade deadline and see.

Here's a side question for you guys--how difficult is it to buy a single seat from the secondary market (i.e. stubhub, CL) as obviously most seats are sold as pairs.  I am just thinking if i don't renew, and still want to go to the games from time to time next year by myself, then i can still consider getting a single seat from the secondary market, if that's not too difficult.

It's easy to do. There's lots of "sets of 3" available on resale sites. They usually only sell 1 or 3 tickets (can't buy a pair because you'd leave them with a single ticket and they don't want it). Many times, single tickets are cheaper than other tickets. On stubhub you can select "1 ticket" and it will only show you the listings which let you pick 1 ticket. There's lots of them.

If you go to 80% of the games though I'd just renew your ticket if I were you. Stubhub is always going to be way more expensive due to the fees. You figure most season ticket holders who sell on there are trying to break even or make a tiny profit... then stubhub charges a 25% fee on top of it.

Other thing.. if you are just buying a single ticket you should have a way bigger selection at the relocation event. Any set of 3's you can take 1 ticket off the end.

6 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

It's easy to do. There's lots of "sets of 3" available on resale sites. They usually only sell 1 or 3 tickets (can't buy a pair because you'd leave them with a single ticket and they don't want it). Many times, single tickets are cheaper than other tickets. On stubhub you can select "1 ticket" and it will only show you the listings which let you pick 1 ticket. There's lots of them.

If you go to 80% of the games though I'd just renew your ticket if I were you. Stubhub is always going to be way more expensive due to the fees. You figure most season ticket holders who sell on there are trying to break even or make a tiny profit... then stubhub charges a 25% fee on top of it.

Other thing.. if you are just buying a single ticket you should have a way bigger selection at the relocation event. Any set of 3's you can take 1 ticket off the end.

Alright thanks for the info.  How about getting singles off Craigslist?  Is that more difficult to do?

I don't mind downgrading to UB4 or UB3 come the relocation event.  Although currently my seats are quite decent (row 11 UB right on the blue line)

I actually had decent success selling off my UB2 single seat from the NHL ticket exchange site.  Sold off a the habs game from earlier this season  and the flame game a few Saturdays ago   for $40-$50 above my cost for those games .  Also sold off a few other games at cost (Anaheim on new years day and Philly from earlier this season).  

You should just go to ticket exchange or stubhub.....set it to one ticket and take a look.  

The people with just 1 seat left will often sell pretty cheap.

You can find lots of people with 3 willing to sell 1 or all 3.

Then if 1 sells, they can easily still sell their pair.....this is usually not as cheap as people dumping a single, but gives you lots of options to buy.

8 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Town hall at 7am??  I hope they have some pancakes ready....

Hopefully no kids will be there.  Was it last year or the year before they had some kid ask Linden about if he like Bure.

I am sitting there thinking I drove all the way from Whiterock for this.....and its all staged softball questions

I was thinking about going and I was curious on what they had to say, until I saw both were on weekdays, and the first one was at 7am...

1 hour ago, TheCammer said:

Really debating renewal. I've had seats the last 18 years but $11,000 buys some nice vacations. Can't believe there isn't a reduction or better benefits and incentives.

I was also surprised at the lack of benefits/incentives. If I were in their shoes I would have made a much more comprehensive list of perks.

As far as price reduction goes, I think we've seen a symbolic one. The last time prices were increased I believe was the 12/13 season. There were no increase in prices for 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 and now 16/17. That's 4 years in a row without price increases. And since the last price increase, the Canadian dollar has collapsed, and inflation has risen a bit. So prices have technically dropped after inflation. Also, prices are now actually starting to physically drop in the lower bowl and I suspect they will keep dropping slowly each year if the team keeps losing.

3 hours ago, TheCammer said:

Really debating renewal. I've had seats the last 18 years but $11,000 buys some nice vacations. Can't believe there isn't a reduction or better benefits and incentives.

Feeling the same as you.  I think it has been 15 years since I have been a season ticket holder.  I remember the first year I bought half season and then after that it was full season.

3 hours ago, Yotes said:

is there still a wait list to get season tickets? I know they only alot a certain percentage of seats as season tickets, but there are a lot of empty seats.

do the list the prices for season or half season packs and show the seats now?

There's no more waiting list. It is long gone. Anyone can buy season tickets now.

i wanted to renew.. but i don't want to renew this early.. i don't want to commit to renewing my season tickets without knowing how the team performs towards the end of the season and what direction we are heading towards the off season.. if i dont' renew now.. i'm sure i can just sign up as a new member anyways.. not like it's going to make a difference.. Canucks cheaped out on me this year so i have no incentive to renew.. i got 0 members benefit/perks this year.. i don't even know how that's possible.. at least last year i was invited to 1 event and pictures at center ice.. this year i got absolutely nothing =/

Archived