The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016-17 Season Tickets Thread

DonaldBrashear

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You know things are REALLY BAD when the Laffs are in town & it isn't a "true sellout".

Reminds me of an old joke during "The Dark Ages"   (aka prior to the arrival of the savior - Pat Quinn)....a person found out he couldn't go to a Canucks game he had tickets to (both himself & the person he was going with had a more important function to attend).  Person tried to sell tickets - but zero interest.  Tried everything (this was the 'good old days' of no such things like craiglist, stubhub, etc.,) but couldn't unload tickets.

Fed up, the guy just put the pair of tickets on the windshield of his car with a note "free tickets to the Canucks" (he lived near the Pacific Coliseum) on the early morning of the schedule game (@ night).  After a few hours he walked by his car and found ANOTHER pair of tickets attached to the windshield...

Haha. Sadly I doubt that is a joke. Back in the mid 1980's it was common to find tickets for free at pacific coliseum. It's funny but I think people forget that it hasn't been that long since there was no way to sell something locally instantly. Craigslist/Kijiji are a blessing for dumping last minute tickets. I have posted a few up there really cheap last minute I couldn't go to. If I post them cheap enough (e.g. $40 a pair) I will get 10 emails of people willing to take them with even 20 minutes left to puck drop. It's better than nothing sometimes. Lots of people live in Downtown core within walking distance and they look for last minute cheap tickets. Back then there was no way to do that unless you wanted to scalp outside the doors before a game which was sketchy. I remember before this people used the "Buy&Sell"... you'd have to post an ad by like, Wednesday, or something and it would go in the next week's isuse which I think came out like over a week later. You'd phone them up and tell the person over the phone what you wanted your ad to say. You would spell it out for them, word by word, letter by letter. Then they would repeat it back to you. And even then, half the time, there was a typo in the damn thing. What an inefficient way to sell stuff, but I sold a lot of crap through Buy&Sell in the late 90's. Then along came ebay and the rest is history.

4 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Got my custom benefit today.  Pair of club seats row 2 for the Saturday Calgary game.  

Thought the benefit was for club 500, but this will be better.  

Anyone going to the autograph session Saturday? 

I haven't heard anything from anyone from the Canucks in a while. I don't even have a rep anymore, my rep quit and no one replaced him. Haven't heard anything about the stuff I got in the custom benefits. Only thing I get is emails asking me to fill out surveys.

I hadn't heard anything from my account rep either but when I called to update my payment information as my credit card was expiring my rep called me back pretty quickly and offered me a seat upgrade for a game of my choice as he introduced himself.  Overall despite our mediocre record this year I'm much happier as a STH than I was last year.  The perks I got are way better this year and the hockey even when we lose is generally exciting and fun to watch.  I'm glad I moved to the upper bowl though as the tickets are 40% cheaper than my seats last year and I've even sold a pair of tickets on the ticket exchange for face value this week.  These are crazy times in Canucks land.

On 2016-12-13 at 2:35 PM, BCNeil said:

Got my custom benefit today.  Pair of club seats row 2 for the Saturday Calgary game.  

Thought the benefit was for club 500, but this will be better.  

Anyone going to the autograph session Saturday? 

i got a free seat upgrade for friday game , 6 rows behind the teams bench

ill be there saturday

• 3 weeks later...

I quite enjoyed the sports bar food as well, beer prices were a bit high but not awful.  I wouldn't pay the premium for those ticketed seats considering they have the worst view in the arena though.  Upper Bowl 4 view with in seat food service isn't worth it for me compared to lower bowl seating or UB1.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, JasonSolaris said:

My 1/4 season ticket benefit is the road viewing party. Anyone have an idea when it might take place and how they are? Is it seated in the area and shown on the jumbo tron?

Thanks

I know that I am not answering your question but one of my benefits was the closed practice and it was last Saturday. I couldn't make it but I was able to find someone else who wanted to go.

The Canucks also did their team event this week at Rogers arena and it was really well done.  I got the closed team practice last year but was glad to be able to meet some players and get some autographs this year.  Sutter was a gentleman and you could tell that a lot of the players they had made available genuinely wanted to be there and stayed well after the event was supposed to end.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, brilac said:

Does anyone else complete those questionnaires the Canucks send via email? I completed one yesterday. I will probably not renew for next Season. I am going to take it easy. Go to a few games in Vancouver and Montreal for a few games. 

Yeah I mess around with the questionnaires.  Yesterday's was odd, asking where we sell tickets we can't use.  They tell us how they can revoke our season tickets if we sell somewhere other than ticketexchange.  Then give a survey asking where we sell our tickets.  I do plan to renew my eight great seats.  I guess yesterday's survey could ensure they don't think about raising prices.  Anyone planning to renew, make sure to do fast.  Might as well get the free pair of lowerbowl for being in the first 500 or whatever.

9 hours ago, brilac said:

Does anyone else complete those questionnaires the Canucks send via email? I completed one yesterday. I will probably not renew for next Season. I am going to take it easy. Go to a few games in Vancouver and Montreal for a few games. 

No. I refuse to click on them because I am jaded when it comes to surveys. I feel like they already know what they want to hear and will use the survey to justify it. Years of working in a unionized environment have left me bitter. I also don't feel surveys in general

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Yeah I mess around with the questionnaires.  Yesterday's was odd, asking where we sell tickets we can't use.  They tell us how they can revoke our season tickets if we sell somewhere other than ticketexchange.  Then give a survey asking where we sell our tickets.  I do plan to renew my eight great seats.  I guess yesterday's survey could ensure they don't think about raising prices.  Anyone planning to renew, make sure to do fast.  Might as well get the free pair of lowerbowl for being in the first 500 or whatever.

See that creeps me out. Wonder why they are doing Intel like that. Also... side note... did you guys hear Stubhub is launching a Canadian site in a few months? Will be in Canadian prices.

35 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

See that creeps me out. Wonder why they are doing Intel like that. Also... side note... did you guys hear Stubhub is launching a Canadian site in a few months? Will be in Canadian prices.

Long overdue for Canadian pricing.  I remember talking to one of their reps 4-5 years ago, telling me they had this planned.

Be nice not having to stand in a bank line up.

I am pretty much set on renewing for my second season. It's not easy to sell tickets even though I am only trying to get face value but I like the flexibility of going to the games that I want and I also believe in the future of this team. Just to make the playoffs this season would close the deal for me but most likely I will keep my seats no matter what. I am only ticked by the fact that I do believe that with better coaching this team would fare better.

On 2/2/2017 at 11:41 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Stubhub is doing away with paper checks.  We have to use paypal.  Would be nice if they did the change to Canadian currency first.  

Archived