The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Sens 3, Nucks 5

TheRussianRocket.

Just now, Losing With Pride said:

Definitely nice to win but doesn't help us in the draft. 

once hamuis is moved, we will only trend downwards. Now after reading some of the comments in pgt im getting scared that Benning is thinking along the lines of the fans who starting to beleive this team can win 3 str8 and tie Colorado and then dominate a month of March which has many elite teams that have our number. Okay this is why Hamuis needs to be traded before TDL, because we play the Sharks on Sunday and if somehow they win, then Benning might be a buyer only to lose in March, that will hurt!

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

once hamuis is moved, we will only trend downwards. Now after reading some of the comments in pgt im getting scared that Benning is thinking along the lines of the fans who starting to beleive this team can win 3 str8 and tie Colorado and then dominate a month of March which has many elite teams that have our number. Okay this is why Hamuis needs to be traded before TDL, because we play the Sharks on Sunday and if somehow they win, then Benning might be a buyer only to lose in March, that will hurt!

You've been scared your whole life.

9 minutes ago, Rex425 said:

When you win and your youngs guys do good,it's a good thing even if winning doesn't help much. 

I heard Ferraro talk about this on 1040 today.

Says he was called up from the farm near the end of the season with a bunch of other young guys (Hartford Whalers I believe). It was after the trade deadline and they knew they werent going to make the playoffs. Young guys did well, team went on a tear for the remainder of the season... and he said he was convinced that the momentum and confidence they gained was carried over to the next season where they made the playoffs.

Staying respectable and not sucking the bottom of the barrel for several years probably reinforces a positive culture.

Still be nice to get a top 10 pick though!

3 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

your going to be upset too if we don't hamuis so yeah?

I don't endlessly fret about things, but take the good with the bad.  The team is going in the right direction, but it won't happen overnight.  Try to enjoy the ride and stop the constant worrying and despair.  It will all be worth it once it comes together, and it may surprise you how soon that happens.

I think I've figured it out. Desiboy and Apollo are the same person. Think about it.

Good win boys. I DGAF about what happens at the deadline, just play like that every night. Not expecting the same result every night but at least the effort.

Youth is being served.

PS. Granlund looks like a steal already.

Crickets from the Granlund haters lol. Awesome of Virtanen to mention armed forces. A couple unrecognizable media guys in 500 level laughing about our message boards. One said there passionate but have a few screws loose. If only I knew who they were talking about.........DESI! :P

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I don't endlessly fret about things, but take the good with the bad.  The team is going in the right direction, but it won't happen overnight.  Try to enjoy the ride and stop the constant worrying and despair.  It will all be worth it once it comes together, and it may surprise you how soon that happens.

Disagree big time, they must trade Hamuis if they don't it will put this rebuild back a few years. How do you keep a UFA with the value Hamuis has and not trade him?

1. Virtanen is 19 and he's MANHANDLING opposition. Let that sink in for a minute. Can you imagine a 25 year old Virtanen? Oh man.

2. Granlund is a beast. That's our 4C next year. Him and Etem seemed to click instantly. If he can drive the net like that consistently, that's a serious asset in your bottom 6.

If Canucks can maintain a level of play like that, a 4 line system will work very well. That was a well rounded lineup tonight.

Started the year excited to see some kids added to the roster.  A little slow at first but now it is basically all youth out there carrying the play with some support from a dwindling number of vets.

Nice to see the guys trying so hard with TDL looming and the chance of a playoff position a distant reality.

Two wind won't turn the season around but still feels good regardless of the impact on our drafting position.

Archived