Sign in to follow this  
VegasCanuck

Minimum Feedback level to start Thread

Should there be a minimum feedback level be to start a thread  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If this is currently being discussed actively or if there's an existing thread about this, my apologies for creating a new one.

I'm hoping that we can get the Administrators of this board to set the minimum threshold for someone to create a thread at something like 50 or 100, so we don't see as many fake threads like the Dan Hamhuis trade to Dallas BS this morning.

Sound off or flame me here! :)

Or, hopefully make a difference to how the board is run and maybe weed out some trolls.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Upvote 4

I posted this in the "Support and Feedback" Section as soon as I saw the fake Hamhuis trade. I'm sure it's not the first time the mods have seen this suggestion, but hopefully the more times they see it maybe it will gain some traction.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

+500 at the very least.

What you did there

I see it.

We've discussed this before and I've concluded it's not worth it.

1) There's only been one fake thread so far, and it was dealt with quickly. It's not a massive problem by any means. 

2) If you add a post limit, people will tend to spam low quality posts until they can make threads. So instead of having one fake thread you have 100 spam posts and one fake thread. It just delays the issue.

3) Fake threads are often posted by people who are already established anyway.

4) A post limit creates a lot of confusion and restricts good quality new users. 

As users, the best thing you can do is make a report so moderators are notified. People who create fake threads/trades are banned immediately and permanently. 

• Upvote 2

EDIT: ^^ This. +1

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

If this is currently being discussed actively or if there's an existing thread about this, my apologies for creating a new one.

I'm hoping that we can get the Administrators of this board to set the minimum threshold for someone to create a thread at something like 50 or 100, so we don't see as many fake threads like the Dan Hamhuis trade to Dallas BS this morning.

Sound off or flame me here! :)

Or, hopefully make a difference to how the board is run and maybe weed out some trolls.

Let's start by maybe you should have known better than to create this in Canucks Talk, even if you weren't aware of the feedback thread. But then it's been discussed at times to have a waiting period (mostly by post count but also with a 48-hr or similar time after joining) and it's a technical challenge so we aren't likely to see it.

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 1

I think all threads need to be approved by @Gstank29 and @elvis15 

These guys simply know what it takes to create a valid thread. 

It would be interesting to see what their thoughts are on this one. 

Edited by LaBamba
Is anyone else's iPhone duplicating the first word of a sentence?
  • Upvote 2

Just now, LaBamba said:

It it would be interesting to see what their thoughts are on this one. 

One would only allow threads about how much Canuck fans suck and the other would pile them all into one thread called Canucks talk.

• Upvote 1

Most people sign up, in Forums so they can voice their opinion initially, by putting in place a minimum number of reps before they could post would in my mind limit the amount of new members in any forum, which doesn't bode well for a team in transition that's looking to add to the numbers of followers  and attention in any form.  just my opinion.   they have mods who are quick to delete as it is.

6 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

+500 at the very least.

Considering the OP is at 496 and still created this in Canucks Talk, we might have to go a little higher...

Just now, elvis15 said:

Considering the OP is at 496 and still created this in Canucks Talk, we might have to go a little higher...

:bigblush:

9 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

1) There's only been one fake thread so far, and it was dealt with quickly. It's not a massive problem by any means. 

2) If you add a post limit, people will tend to spam low quality posts until they can make threads. So instead of having one fake thread you have 100 spam posts and one fake thread. It just delays the issue.

4) A post limit creates a lot of confusion and restricts good quality new users. 

As users, the best thing you can do is make a report so moderators are notified. People who create fake threads/trades are banned immediately and permanently. 

There's only been the one fake thread today, but there are regular redundant threads started on an ongoing basis by people with 10 - 20 feedback. Just wanted to see what the general membership of this board thought to having some minimum feedback level before they are able to create a thread.

13 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I respectfully disagree. Here's why;

1) There are low quality threads made and locked every day. The Hamhuis thread was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

2) Post limits set at a low number like 100 will cause spamming. A higher number like 500 requires much more posting. Spamming 500 posts is just a waste of time. And I would rather spam posts than threads.

3) Disagree although you've probably seen more than me. Lately though I would agree.

4) Which is also why I suggest an amount of time. There are posters who have been here for years, but do not have 500 posts.

In HFBoards you have to wait a week after signing up before you can even post. I'm just suggesting making threads. New users can post all they want. I don't see why they would need to make a thread so soon after making their account. Most threads I see are just random ramblings or thoughts. It would encourage people to post those thoughts rather than make a new thread.

Just some of my suggestions. I'm not the admin here, so either way works for me.

19 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

It would be interesting to see what their thoughts are on this one. 

Responding to your edit: yes. My phone does that too. Nexus 5 android.

Re: OP

I would suggest 500 posts not rep. 500 rep takes like 6-12 months to get.

13 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Re: OP

I would suggest 500 posts not rep. 500 rep takes like 6-12 months to get.

I kind of think rep would be a better indicator. You can't spam reps like you can spam posts.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this