The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arena Music & Atmosphere

JV77

I know there have been topics here before about this but I just saw Dan Murphy tweet this ahead of the game.  

Simply put just look at this and tell me this doesn't pump you up.  It's almost like the Canucks organization is so scared to be a true sports team and is more about a white collar business.  We have the soft hip music you hear on the radio,

I've seen many games from other arena's and they all make sure the horns and songs are loud and in your face.  I mean just look at the video, it's of Kings players hitting and punching guys in the face with METALLICA as the freakin song!

Actually making me mad we don't have this type of atmosphere.  We are a soft team and a soft city.

Living in Calgary I get the opportunity to go to a number of Flames games. It's sad to say but Calgary atmosphere and fans (c of red) puts Vancouver to shame. Almost everyone in the arena has a jersey on. 

Maybe it would help if they had a catchy slogan or campaign similar to the c of red in van? 

7 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Living in Calgary I get the opportunity to go to a number of Flames games. It's sad to say but Calgary atmosphere and fans (c of red) puts Vancouver to shame. Almost everyone in the arena has a jersey on. 

Maybe it would help if they had a catchy slogan or campaign similar to the c of red in van? 

sea of blue , I mean green, no white, um black, uh orange, yellow ,red, uh dark blue

oh screw it

see of stick, skate I mean fish er  salmon, no wait SEA OF WHALES

lets be proud of who we are

WE ARE ALL SUITS WITH CEL  PHONES.... now please be quite, I'm texting

6 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

We have nothing.  No culture, no atmosphere, no tradition, nothing that makes other teams and fans know they are playing the Canucks.

Again, soft team, soft city.

30 minutes ago, lmm said:

sea of blue , I mean green, no white, um black, uh orange, yellow ,red, uh dark blue

oh screw it

see of stick, skate I mean fish er  salmon, no wait SEA OF WHALES

lets be proud of who we are

WE ARE ALL SUITS WITH CEL  PHONES.... now please be quite, I'm texting

Well not an exact rip off. But you get what I mean... Calgary was struggling with ticket sales and a lacklustre crowed for a long time then after the 04 run and the C of Red campaign pretty much everyone on the city wears their jersey game day. You see business men with their jersey overtop of their dress shirts. And the team has barely made the playoffs over the past 8 years... There's got to be something the organization can think up. 

1 minute ago, ABNucksfan said:

Well not an expect rip off. But you get what I mean... Calgary was struggling with ticket sales and a lacklustre crowed for a long time then after the 04 run and the C of Red campaign pretty much everyone on the city wears their jersey game day. You see business men with their jersey overtop of their dress shirts. And the team has barely made the playoffs over the past 8 years... There's got to be something the organization can think up. 

I was not mocking you, but the team that thinks it can make this stuff up.

I think "The Sea Of Red" just happened because the fans wore red, not because some spin doctor invented it.

the Canucks have tried with "we are all Canucks" but that does not change the stale atmosphere .

It is really no different in Victoria where the big voice says "Make some Noise" followed immediately by the "Is someone making you uncomfortable? txt their seat # to 'no fun @ the Royals' and we'll boot them out.

Hockey arena management that does not like "Hockey Atmosphere" is bound to fail

16 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

The intro was great when I was just at a game last week.  Got everyone pumped up and a family of LA/SJ/ANA fans who sat behind me were all pretty damn impressed.

I can bet it was as good as the Kings.  I mean can't really beat Metallica. 

I've said this before this season a couple times.

There is only so much you can expect from the crowd and their engagement when a sizeable portion of it is corporate.. full stop. They as well as other non-corporate, but disinterested fans who are only there for a hangout who talk or are on their phone the entire game are never going to be a recipe for a great crowd. They are as lifeless as our team is soft.

As for the music, I dunno wtf they don't bring in a DJ who actually knows and plays more than one type of music. 
I have watched every home game this season,  and aside from a couple of the players goal song choices, I can't recall the last time I heard a rock song.. It's now limited to pop and top forty from the last 3 years on repeat.. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. 

You wanna set the atmosphere,  well, you're not gonna get it done with whoever the got right now.. they suck BAD

Archived