The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Game Comment: "Daniel Sedin: "From some guys right now, the effort is not there."

b3.

This was touched on in the PGT, but I wouldn't mind seeing what some of you brilliant posters or tinfoil hat conspirasists think about this:

For those of you who can read in between the lines, who or what comes to mind after you read that?

Obviously he is very frustrated, losing isn't fun, especially when you're as competitive as him. 

The team is obviously struggling in any number of areas, but effort is not really a problem as I see it, the exception being Vrbata. 

I don't feel sorry for the Sedins at all. This is what they signed up for 2 years ago, and if it's not, then they're not nearly as smart as I believed them to be. 

7 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

To be honest, I would have said it was the Sedins who weren't working as hard as they could. And I was happy.

I have seen some pretty lazy, careless and lacking-in-effort shifts from the twins as well, though for the most part, they try hard.

Virtanen seems pretty spotty with his play and Etem seems to disappear for long periods of time.  I would think Bartkowski may be one Hank is referring to...he is absolutely brutal out there and doesn't really seem to be playing with any intensity.

"I think those guys know who they are".

As the Captain, if he has guys he doesn't think are pulling their weight...they should bloody well be hearing from him about it.  As Captain, he should make damn sure they know who they are. 

Modern coaching seems to leave a lot of motivational and energy stuff to "the room".  It is the leadership group and particularly the captain that needs to call out these guys.

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

mccann has been vrbata level of bad

McCann also gets crappy linemates that don't support the type of player he is. Not making excuses at all as he has not been good. But I really think he is a bit down on himself due to clearly being the last option considered by Desjardins behind guys like Vey, Granlund, etc. He has received by far the least opportunity to play to his strengths of anyone on the roster this season.

Just now, TU90 said:

Because they've been so good? Daniel had a lot of shots but only one or two were dangerous. 

Goals and hard work on and off the ice don't always coincide.

4 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

The team is obviously struggling in any number of areas, but effort is not really a problem as I see it, the exception being Vrbata. 

We don't see what goes on before and after the few broadcasted hours every other night. No fans can know who's slacking off in the practices or workouts, arriving late, etc. 

Archived