The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you date me?

JC2

Hello fellow canuck fans, I'm not going to state My name for obvious reasons and to be honest I don't know why I am doing this but I figure what the hell.

I'm a white guy, 24 years old and I live at home. I do not have my license, but I'm working on it, and I work at walmart as a stocker. I'm a very quiet person with basically no social life but I consider myself a nice guy. I don't smoke or do drugs and don't drink. I have a soft spot for animals and I consider myself a family guy. I'm what you would call boring. I prefer to stay indoors mostly and love watching movies and playing video games. I look for an attractive woman, by no means a supermodel but someone I can be attracted to. Someone down to earth and not looking for money, just someone who is loyal and will care for them.

Now to those who actually respond please know I'm not really asking for a date here. I'm just want to know if any women out there find a guy like me interesting in any way. Please be kind but be honest too. Thanks.

You're probably a really nice guy but honestly sitting at home watching movies and playing video games is not going to get you a girlfriend. Pretty small dating pool in your mom's basement I'm guessing.

And in all likelihood, the type of women you probably should be dating are also largely 'sitting in their mom's basement' (literally or figuratively).

So either you need to sit down and try and figure out where those basement dwelling girls might be on the rare occasions they DO go out, spread your wings, and go interact with them.... Or you'll likely need to explore the world of online dating and you'll probably want to stay away from the meat markets like POF, Tinder etc.

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

Yep...you got to get out more and getting your licence will help ..you say you like animals...girls like pets.......get a dog and take it for walks and to the dog park....works like a charm.

Even better, go volunteer at a shelter or something. You'd be doing good work which will make you feel good and chances are you might meet a female counterpart doing the same.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

So either you need to sit down and try and figure out where those basement dwelling girls might be on the rare occasions they DO go out, spread your wings, and go interact with them.... Or you'll likely need to explore the world of online dating and you'll probably want to stay away from the meat markets like POF, Tinder etc.

i know people who've married through world of warcraft. being at the right place at the right time does sometimes works XD

11 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

you seem like a datable guy, i dont see why not. your only black mark is the whole not going out and doing stuff thing. i'd work on going out more and opening your mind to new things

Thanks for respectful reply. When I say I don't go out much I mean in the sense that I prefer home most nights but do like going out like say the movies or out to eat. I don't like clubs or anything and I am open to new things but I so feel more comfortable at home. Going out  a lot is expensive and I would prefer a woman who likes being in my company rather than a crowd.

12 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

This really isn't the spot you want to ask this question. Virtanen is going to come in and rip on you for posting this

Hahah no this guy seems like a nice dude. Reminds me of myself back in the day

Hit the gym hard, stop fapping so much, start meditating,get a sick haircut,wear nice clothing and maintain a healthy weight then the girls will come

join some club. Hockey/coed volleyball?

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Even better, go volunteer at a shelter or something. You'd be doing good work which will make you feel good and chances are you might meet a female counterpart doing the same.

That's good advice but I'm a shy guy and admittingly I'm not into the volunteer thing. I'm not an anti social person but I do feel uncomfortable in crowds of people and don't consider myself a people person. I admit I can be hard to get to know but I'm not judging in any way and just want someone who likes me for who I am.

8 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I think you seem chill. If I was a girl and you told me this, i'd give you a try. Would recommend you do more things like go outside, get to know things, etc.

Apparently Odd. knows nothing about women :lol:

Just now, JC2 said:

That's good advice but I'm a shy guy and admittingly I'm not into the volunteer thing. I'm not an anti social person but I do feel uncomfortable in crowds of people and don't consider myself a people person. I admit I can be hard to get to know but I'm not judging in any way and just want someone who likes me for who I am.

Fair enough, sounds like you're an introvert. But if you want to meet someone, you'll need to actually interact with other people. You'll have to figure out how to square that circle.

FWIW, volunteering at a shelter, you'd be spending far more time with animals than people.

Archived