The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you date me?

JC2

32 minutes ago, J.R. said:

If he lives in Vancouver proper, there's really no need for a license or a car.

I live in a big city as well (Toronto) and would never date someone without a car. Last time I did that, it got old really fast. 

It's a sign of responsibility. With all this feminism equality stuff going on, theres no reason a girl shouldn't have a drivers licence.

Just now, J.R. said:

Meh. 

In Europe, you really don't need a car/license. It is ALSO expensive to do so. Since it's 'accepted as a norm', not having either of those two definitely can't hurt you.

In Canada, we have 'high standards' (also high maintenance).

Unless you both live really close or actually in Downtown Vancouver, someone in the relationship needs a car.

Busing to each others houses late at night?  Getting a ride from a parent/friend?  Taking a taxi?  Sounds terrible.  

Relationships where you can't see each other often will have more of an issue surviving.  I've been there.

How did you have a gf before even? Was she like a 5? Not trying to troll just need more info.

You sound like a 4 so that is impressive however long you got the relationship to go not going out much each week.

Did you just Netflix without the chill part all the time?:P

Where do you live? License might not matter as much if you can bike or become a hipster and tell girls it's a lifestyle choice.

What is your educational background? What were you good at in school?

What are your goals etc... this stuff needs to be answered so people can give you advice that is more specific instead of the  "try things and go out more if you have the time and money" bit.

It's no big deal to not have a car nor license.  I don't drive nor have a license, and where I live, there is no need, and plus it is really expensive to park, insurance, and gas per month, and the neighborhood I live in.. yeah, good luck on trying to find a place to park for free, and potentially having your car broken into.  I prefer to walk and take public transportation like the bus, taxis, ferries, trains, and airplanes. It's just the way I live.  A 10 minute walk to downtown and living by myself. 

For living at home, I would recommend getting your own place.  It really shows a lot.  I once had a boyfriend who was in his 30's and lived at home, and had no intension of moving out.  At the time I gave it the benefit by looking at other things and being positive.  I look back on it now, and I am thinking different about that, about his character and so on.

Reread the OP. You want to know if you are dateable? Yeah but just barely.

You need to lower your standards a bit in terms of an "attractive girl" and may have to settle with a female with some 'quirks'. But because you are employed it is going to be difficult but possible if you are willing to be more flexible with your qualifications for the female.

Just being as blunt and honest as possible.

8 minutes ago, brilac said:

It's no big deal to not have a car nor license.  I don't drive nor have a license, and where I live, there is no need, and plus it is really expensive to park, insurance, and gas per month, and the neighborhood I live in.. yeah, good luck on trying to find a place to park for free, and potentially having your car broken into.  I prefer to walk and take public transportation like the bus, taxis, ferries, trains, and airplanes. It's just the way I live.  A 10 minute walk to downtown and living by myself. 

For living at home, I would recommend getting your own place.  It really shows a lot.  I once had a boyfriend who was in his 30's and lived at home, and had no intension of moving out.  At the time I gave it the benefit by looking at other things and being positive.  I look back on it now, and I am thinking different about that, about his character and so on.

It's different for males though. Males are expected to know how to drive and be interested in cars just like sports.

It doesn't really apply to females since most dudes would not mind at all provided the girl was hot enough and worth the hassle to deal with.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

If he lives in Vancouver proper, there's really no need for a license or a car.

lol, i live in victoria(!!) and i don't even have a car. i have my license, but i literally never use it. i think it expired a while back. whenever i get it renewed, i think i'd sooner just sign up for a car share than spend the money on my own.

the only time i ever need a car is when i'm buying cat litter. other than that, it has never been an issue with me. of course, it helps that i generally only like introverted people, or only like modern-ass hipster chicks. i can only think of two people i'm friends with who have cars in victoria. everyone else goes car share or just walks/bikes/public transport.

and i certainly don't go out of my local comfort zone (i live central to a park, beach, all the shopping i need, etc.) so...? idk. to me, it's a perfect exchange: all the money i would be spending on a car, i just put to a better housing situation.

obviously i can see how it would be a necessity if you're more out in the suburbs or into going on long-ass hikes in the wilderness up island or whatever, but since i'm a bit more of a city-type, it's never an issue with me

1 hour ago, khay said:

What options are you suggesting for online dating? Aren't POF, Tinder, eHarmony, etc the only options? And they all suck from what I hear.

sorry i found my wife on plenty of fish.... happily married and have daughter! its worth checking out. oh also i stayed in my parents basement suit for 30 yrs before i found some... I got lucky, she owned her own place. ya a few rough dates before her and some turn downs... but its worth it.

Late to this party, but admire your honesty, & openness to self-reflection. Lots of posters prob want to sound witty/cynical/cool on this subject.

Mid-20's I was sort of in your situation. Although I'd already had a child from a failed relationship. I'd long been strongly attracted to Asian ladies..was I an addict? Perhaps..in that way.

Didn't feel I had much to offer, within the NA'n lifestyle/competitive-realm, so I simply opted out. I came here to Japan. Within a couple months, met a lovely woman at a fitness club. We recently passed our 20 yr-anny. She's still a head-turner.

So I guess in a way, I suggest to determine what turns you on, then get aggressive & pursue. Play the fool, & laugh in the face of adversity & criticism, alike. Realize/accept that we're ALL damn fools, but you must believe in yourself.

Also & finally, live for other people(random acts of kindness). One way or another, it'll find it's way back to you. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Late to this party, but admire your honesty, & openness to self-reflection. Lots of posters prob want to sound witty/cynical/cool on this subject.

Mid-20's I was sort of in your situation. Although I'd already had a child from a failed relationship. I'd long been strongly attracted to Asian ladies..was I an addict? Perhaps..in that way.

Didn't feel I had much to offer, within the NA'n lifestyle/competitive-realm, so I simply opted out. I came here to Japan. Within a couple months, met a lovely woman at a fitness club. We recently passed our 20 yr-anny. She's still a head-turner.

So I guess in a way, I suggest to determine what turns you on, then get aggressive & pursue. Play the fool, & laugh in the face of adversity & criticism, alike. Realize/accept that we're ALL damn fools, but you must believe in yourself.

Also & finally, live for other people(random acts of kindness). One way or another, it'll find it's way back to you. Good luck.

moral of this story: fetishes conquer all

3 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Is it true you can purchase panties from a vending machine in Japan?

so I've heard.:ph34r:

Never looked into such foolishness! :^) Guess I'm old-fashioned, but beautiful women don't need to be trivialized. Guess they say there are many here with unhealthy(my POV) obsessions.

But yeah, there seem more vending machines than people. Need beloved Nuke-power to keep these babies hummin'...

Archived