The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason “The Rat” Botchford

mediahack

3 hours ago, Toews said:

What leaks? As soon as something is public knowledge to everyone in the league it often ends up in the media. The players that were available and now this email, if everyone knew it then the media will get their hands on that story. If you don't want the media to find out your every move then you have to run a tight ship and you have to limit the flow of information out of your organization.

There are instances that teams have done this such as the Phaneuf trade from Calgary to Toronto where a number of GMs were unaware he was even being shopped. There was also the Hamilton trade this summer where he was only made available to a few teams. Both these teams sacrificed a possibly greater return to avoid the inevitable circus. These are just off the top of my head. Meanwhile the Luongo talks were a circus perhaps because Gillis was trying to play hardball and wasn't very likeable anyway.

Point is though if you want to limit what the media publishes then you avoid making mistakes like the Tryamkin contract. Because when a former employee who hates his previous bosses gets his hands on some dirt on you, he will ring up a guy like Botchford to publish it. You know who I am talking about.

I don't even blame Botchford, he has a job to do. People may not like him but his articles get people talking which is a sign that he is still relevant. He isn't going to be on the Canucks side, his interest is in selling papers. Controversy sells.

This is the relevant story here.

Does anyone in this thread think that Botchford cares if Canucks fans think he's unfair? A big meanie? Stirring up trouble to get more clicks? And isn't it ironic (to that last point) that the people here are adding to that clickbait tactic by dumping on him?

I've heard someone say Botchford reads forums (including CDC) to gauge fan reaction. If so, he'll be getting a good laugh over this thread as it hits page 12 or higher by tomorrow.

2 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

"Is working with a GM or AGM from another team in an attempt to undermine the Canucks organization. "

Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

Perfect.

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Ironically, all of your hate is what has made him successful. 

Do what I do and not care. Because I don't care, I never read any of his work. If I do read it, it has no impact on me emotionally.

You have all fallen into his web.  

Kanye West, Donald Trump, the Kardashians, TMZ, Bill O'Reilly, Jason Botchford, David Pratt, the Canucks media culture. 

And we learn, it's not them. It's ... ;)

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Kanye West, Donald Trump, the Kardashians, TMZ, Bill O'Reilly, Jason Botchford, David Pratt, the Canucks media culture. 

And we learn, it's not them. It's ... ;)

If there was no fuel, there would be no fire. 

Botch does his job which is to put out material that creates interest, buzz and that people will read. I don't blame the media in Vancouver what so ever for any of the Canucks woes and its childish to think that way.

Besides, if anyone a rat its Tony "the cryptkeeper" Gallagher.

6 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

He's not a good sports writer so he's trying to get into that TMZ niche with the Provies because it's garbage easy reading that people eat up. 

"It was the night the Tank died. It’s over. Done."

This was his headline 10 days ago. 

He gets paid to be a shock jock. \Its in his contract. He even said it during the Joe thorton issue

5 hours ago, Toews said:

It may sound silly considering where the Canucks sit in the standings but I wouldn't put it past a guy like Burke to stick it to the Canucks every opportunity he gets (I know he isn't GM but he does have access).

Remember Burke nurses a number of grudges against the Canucks including the circumstances behind his firing, the way he was treated by ownership and the fact that he wanted to be at Linden's retirement but they neglected to invite him.

Calgary and Vancouver, despite being in the same division, have made more than one deal this season and last. Controversial in both organizations for different reasons.

I would think The Nucks and Flames seem to have a decent working relationship all things considered?

Plus it McCaw or whatever his name was, previous owner from Seattle, who fired Burke.

13 hours ago, Positive Canuck said:

Province are scum, Most cancerous poisonous media in the entire league. Botchford..Galagher... haters 24-7 sewing discord like 5th column trash.

Very VERY well said! I couldn't say it any better. I would add Kuzma to that list too. I never liked "Botch", always came across arrogant, self obsessed and negative. Doesn't that describe all of them? like Gallagher, Kuzma, Botchford, Macintyre, Botch etc. I wonder how many ppl like me can't listen to 1040 anymore, never read province or sun and find the tv sports dominated by Toronto guys. Let's create a kickstarter for a new vancouver sports radio with paterson and the kurtenbloggers.

13 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

"Is working with a GM or AGM from another team in an attempt to undermine the Canucks organization. "

Michael-Jordan-laughing.gif

It's funny, 9/10 of your posts have me doing the same thing

14 hours ago, Toews said:

It may sound silly considering where the Canucks sit in the standings but I wouldn't put it past a guy like Burke to stick it to the Canucks every opportunity he gets (I know he isn't GM but he does have access).

Remember Burke nurses a number of grudges against the Canucks including the circumstances behind his firing, the way he was treated by ownership and the fact that he wanted to be at Linden's retirement but they neglected to invite him.

Except now he'd be screwing over the very guy (Linden) whose retirement ceremony he wanted to attend. Clutching at Burke hate straws methinks.

17 hours ago, Fred65 said:

As far as I'm aware Bob MacKenzie was the source for the "who's available trade list" and I'm racking my mind about the other release Bobby Mac What I heard was there's some one in the NHL that has a grudge against Vcr and lets slip info to B.MacKenzie. I'm thinking Colin Campbell

Lol.

Archived