The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] SHUTOUT=MATTHEWS #TANKON

numb3r 16

Webkowski  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm starting to see a lot of the eastern media cry about tanking now that some western teams are challenging the leafs for 1st overall. 

You know what would stop tanking? If the Stanley Cup champion was given 1st overall. That would stop the crying. 

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I'm starting to see a lot of the eastern media cry about tanking now that some western teams are challenging the leafs for 1st overall. 

You know what would stop tanking? If the Stanley Cup champion was given 1st overall. That would stop the crying. 

I would like to see a ruling made that you can't pick 1st overall 2 years in a row and if you get 1st overall 2 times in 3 years the following season you automatically pick 14th.

Enough of the embarassing tank shows by Edmonton, Toronto, and Buffalo. I mean if you genuinely suck you genuinely suck ie: us, Carolina, Arizona. But when you trade half your team and your only good goalie it's pretty obvious what you're doing. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I would like to see a ruling made that you can't pick 1st overall 2 years in a row and if you get 1st overall 2 times in 3 years the following season you automatically pick 14th.

Enough of the embarassing tank shows by Edmonton, Toronto, and Buffalo. I mean if you genuinely suck you genuinely suck ie: us, Carolina, Arizona. But when you trade half your team and your only good goalie it's pretty obvious what you're doing. 

Even last place only gives you a 20% chance, those aren't very good odds really. 

Just now, LaBamba said:

Even last place only gives you a 20% chance, those aren't very good odds really. 

They've taken steps in the right direction, just painful to watch the Oilers pick 1st 4 times and still be competing for a lottery pick. 

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don't want them changing those rules now that we are the ones who suck. I could totally see them doing it if the Canucks were ever in danger of picking 1st overall twice in a row though.

I'd be okay with it as a deterrent from what's gone on in Edmonton, Buffalo and Toronto though, unfortunately it unfairly punishes teams that aren't pulling that garbage. But ultimately it would make the league much better to watch as you wouldn't see much of these circus sideshows that have gone on as of late. 

Guys, it only benefits the league for all 7 canadian teams to be competitive. Those 7 make up about 33% of the league's revenue. The league wouldnt sabotage canadian teams or any other team for that matter, its the gm.

1 minute ago, Shaelon said:

Guys, it only benefits the league for all 7 canadian teams to be competitive. Those 7 make up about 33% of the league's revenue. The league wouldnt sabotage canadian teams or any other team for that matter, its the gm.

Are you saying our GM - Jim "I'm real good" Bennng is sabotaging our team?  

15 hours ago, LolClarkson said:

Its still not 100% that we get top 3 if we lose all of our games is it ?

I believe the furthest you can fall in the lottery is 4 places so if you finished last the lowest you can pick is 4th, and if you finished 3rd from the bottom the worst you would pick would be 7th. 

1 hour ago, TheOgRook said:

It's pointless and a waste of your valuable energy to argue with clueless posters, especially when they actually think they know what's going on. Cmon, anybody who thinks Edmonton is just 1 year behind in a rebuild clearly has NO clue what he's talking about..

12 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

Lol stopped reading at Edmonton is only 1 year behind schedule!  One of the craziest things I've heard in CDC in a while.. 1 year behind the 10 year rebuild plan? Is that what you mean?  

I didn't know there was a generic catalogue of rebuild plans. Oilers fans were expecting playoffs this year for the first time in a long time. If they make it next year, it will be a year behind schedule.  Crrrrraaaaaazzzzy!!!!!! lmao

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They've taken steps in the right direction, just painful to watch the Oilers pick 1st 4 times and still be competing for a lottery pick. 

I feel most for the players involved. You saw McDavid's face when Edmonton won the draft lottery, he was devistated. They have ruined some pretty promising careers. Yak is garbage, RNH is just enough man for Ellen Degeneres, Taylor Hall is brain dead.

They don't deserve that kind of talent, we do. 

To add insult to being an Oiler, you live in Edmonton. You have refineries surrounding you, road salt 9 months of the year. 6 hrs to the nearest ski hill. No nice lakes for swimming and boating. A giant mall that is so 1980's. Whyte ave, the supposed downtown spirt of Edmonton is a great place to get stabbed the second the sun goes down. You have a creepy owner who goes into the dressing room all the time to stare at wee-wee with his equally as weird son. You have guys like Kevin Lowe telling you how great he is.  

If edmonton drafted me I would refuse to sign the ELC. And play in Europe till I could re-enter the draft only to get drafted by Edmonton again. I would repeat this process till I was into my 30's 

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  It's not just getting top five picks, IT IS THE YEARS YOU GET THEM.  There need to be great players in the draft.  Last draft, which we missed out on getting a chance at the generational players due to Benning's "retool" philosophy, and this draft look great.  The next one is not as good.  Yet 2018 looks good again.  That's why teams need to draft high several years in a row.  Some drafts are better than others.  

...but 10 years out of the playoffs.  I don't think that would be exceptable in Van. 

2 hours ago, Robongo said:

And you lost all your credibility as you've shown to have zero reading comprehension. I said his PRO SCOUTING is abysmal.

I used the wrong word, but my intention remains the same. Scouting/Drafting isn't too far off from each other.

Benning has hand-picked some great players coming up.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Hank and Danny heard the same message from the vets, when they were really young?  

Maybe but if they did, it was behind closed doors, not through the press. 

I have no problem with the message and maybe it is appropriate to tell the kids this.  I just don't like this being done through the press. Embarrassing young guys who are new to the league and try8ing to deal with all that being a pro entails doesn't seem to me to be a good recipe for team-building and certainly not what I think of when I think of "mentoring".

Archived